Pipe connector 110mm to4 inch in CHiang Mai

DavidOxon

If Global House has failed, I'd try the water tech place (don't know the real name) on Hang Dong Road near to Airport Plaza.  Heading out of town from the Mahidol Road junction, look for a big tyre retailer about 500m on the left and the water place is immediately next door.  You can drive in off the road.  The owner speaks perfect English.  Failing that, I'd take a trip to the Koi stockist at Kamptien Market - opposite Grassylands, the irrigation shop.

110mm internal diameter is the standard for blue pipework.

You need to change the blue pipe for metric.

An alternative if you have that 5mm difference is to use a flexible rubber connector exactly as you would fit the blue pipe onto a septic tank.

About 8in long with steel screw bands.

5 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

well you've gone from metric to imperial which is an oddity in itself but try Kamptien 

Not in a country where the electric wires are measured in mm² and lengths in metres and the plumbing pipes are inches in diameter and metres in length....:smile:

Yeah, a flexy rubber coupling is the way to go, should be enough stretch to get it over both sizes. All you have to do is find them :(

Thai style would be a cut off car inner tube.

Is there any combination of bits that will slip inside / outside to make up an adaptor, I've made up several non-standard adapters by using assorted bits-n-bobs.

1 hour ago, Greenside said:

If Global House has failed, I'd try the water tech place (don't know the real name) on Hang Dong Road near to Airport Plaza.  Heading out of town from the Mahidol Road junction, look for a big tyre retailer about 500m on the left and the water place is immediately next door.  You can drive in off the road.  The owner speaks perfect English.  Failing that, I'd take a trip to the Koi stockist at Kamptien Market - opposite Grassylands, the irrigation shop.

That's where I got it from! Bit of a slog to go all the way round there twice in a year ;) PS the intake on my pressure washer seems to have changed from orange to green....

On 3/13/2017 at 10:12 AM, Greenside said:

Not in a country where the electric wires are measured in mm² and lengths in metres and the plumbing pipes are inches in diameter and metres in length....:smile:

oh...  haha  I also went to buy some piping recently and they asked me how much i wanted in weight!  I suggested a length but they were adamant!   bless 'em 

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

oh...  haha  I also went to buy some piping recently and they asked me how much i wanted in weight!  I suggested a length but they were adamant!   bless 'em 

Lengths of steel are sold to us by the piece of a certain length, shape and thickness, but the shop buys them on a price per kilo.  The shop rarely would talk to a customer about their buy price/kilo.

I do not know if they buy plastic pipe on a price per kilo but it is possible.  Of course selling it on a price per kilo seems quite odd for a retail customer.

1 hour ago, Dante99 said:

Lengths of steel are sold to us by the piece of a certain length, shape and thickness, but the shop buys them on a price per kilo.  The shop rarely would talk to a customer about their buy price/kilo.

I do not know if they buy plastic pipe on a price per kilo but it is possible.  Of course selling it on a price per kilo seems quite odd for a retail customer.

well it happened to me.. I was at Kamptien and wanted .5 meter piping and they insisted on weighing it and charging me something like 7 baht

110 Pump fittings.

Generally 110mm fittings are made for the european market exc UK.

Some pump manufacturers supply 2 types of fitting 110 and 4 inch with each pump, you throw away what you don't use.

Some pump manufacturers supply just 1 fitting it may be stamped 110 mm but it may have been machined to accept 4 inch pipe

Failing that get the socket part machined out to take 4 inch pipe.

global house and other commercial  pipe stores do sell a mechanical connector suitable for joining pipes of different diameters.

22 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

well it happened to me.. I was at Kamptien and wanted .5 meter piping and they insisted on weighing it and charging me something like 7 baht

What kind of pipe?  If it was that black stuff used, I totally understand.

Anyway, sorry it was so expensive.:smile:

Yes hose see-thru or green  or black sold from large rolls is sold by the kilo.  

I have been buying full rolls of green hose for years and each roll back in the warehouse area has a weight on the tag and cost is based on the weight.  

2 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Yes hose see-thru or green  or black sold from large rolls is sold by the kilo.  

I have been buying full rolls of green hose for years and each roll back in the warehouse area has a weight on the tag and cost is based on the weight.  

seems odd to me but TIT

Archived