custom door manufacturing

notrub

I have bi-fold accordian type multiple folding doors  closing an opening of 4 meters by 2.80 m high.  It was hard to find a supplier but I finally found a local woodworking shop who made me 8 50cm by 280 cm door panels in good quality hardwood.  They are what I would call utility style but they look good.  The price was 12,000 THB for all 8 - 1500 each.  I had to find the rollers rail and hinges but they cost not a lot. They work a treat.  I am posting this to say that if you need some big doors I will supply you with the name of the shop here in Buriram province.. Regards

Here are some door pics.  The shop only made them and I picked them up.  The wood they used has been stored for a long time, I think and seems very stable.  The uprights are 9x3 cm and there are 5 traverse members (including top and bottom) of the same dimension.  All the joints are mortise and tendon.  They clearly ran them through a big sanding machine after they were assembled.  I have some experience with doors and I would rate these as excellent for wood quality, construction, finish and the price at 1500 each is great too.  They were ready to collect in 4 days from order and deposit date.

The Thai contractor on site cut the hinges and installed these doors for me.  It was a team effort with me helping to figure things out and he and his son did the hard part including the heavy lifting (literally)  We are in the Buriram area but suspect the contractor would travel if asked.  He is a fair and honest man who did all our tiles and other door work too.  I expect that he will help me with a swimming pool next year.

For hardware/equipment I just bought swivel rollers and a galvanised top rail.  I would go for more substantial rollers next time, however. The ones I used seem to work OK.  We used 6 stainless butt hinges per connection and one roller set per panel.  I couldn't find a channel for the guide pin on the bottom so we cut a 1" square section to make a U for this.  Also couldn't find the pins and we made some up with a threaded plate. some bolts and a sleeves cut from a metal expansion inserts.  One per panel. 

I just gave them a light sanding and applied clear teak oil.  Simple, effective and cheap.  Just reapply as needed.

Hope this helps.  I am very happy with how they turned out.  I will provide contact details for those who want them.  Better if you can speak Thai or get somebody who knows what you want to help you.  They speak only Thai at the shop.

IMG_20170220_102717.jpg

IMG_20170220_102757.jpg

IMG_20170220_102825.jpg

IMG_20170220_103049.jpg

IMG_20170220_101523.jpg

IMG_20170220_101531.jpg

IMG_20170220_101614.jpg

IMG_20170221_075504.jpg

Hey, that's impressive!  Very nice looking.  :thumbsup:

Before seeing the pictures, I was thinking of doors for a closet enclosure along the end of a bedroom, but those would be a bit of overkill for that, I think.