Preferred Destination for Visa Based on Retirement

What is currently considered to be the best place to apply for a non-immigrant visa based on retirement?  By "best", I mean the consulate that has the least in the way of documentary requirements and is located in a regional city directly accessible by a budget airline from Bangkok.

Penang and Savannakhet Laos both want proof of retirement if using a the 800k baht in the bank option for proof of income. A income letter from your embassy will be accepted. If you are using proof of 65 baht income the letter by itself is enough.

You use a fly/ride service to Mukdahan and then cross the bridge to Savannakhet from there. Nok Air offers the service via 3 airports.

Phenom Penh is a possibility but there have been no recent reports for there to go by.

Thanks Joe.  The page (on the main consular affairs website) that the website of the Penang consulate links to for visa information mentions the requirement for a criminal record check and health certificate.  Do they not actually ask for this?  Flying there would be easier than the fly-and-ride thing to Savannakhet I guess.

Thanks again.

1 minute ago, Deke said:

Thanks Joe.  The page (on the main consular affairs website) that the website of the Penang consulate links to for visa information mentions the requirement for a criminal record check and health certificate.  Do they not actually ask for this?  Flying there would be easier than the fly-and-ride thing to Savannakhet I guess.

Thanks again.

That would be for a OA visa. Those are general requirements that are not specific for Penang.

They don't ask for a medical or background check.