Yamaha Nmax owners call out

Allstars

I'm considering to buy a Yamaha Nmax and would like to hear from Nmax owners how their experience has been so far.

I considered a PCX as well but the ABS braking, and the 13K premium above official Honda price on a PCX at Mityon, made me consider the Nmax instead.

So please let me know if you were happy with your purchase.

After 1 year with Nmax I can confirm my statement below, 

I committed to Honda, owned 2 PCX 1st and 2nd gen , now on a Forza, rented PCX 3rd gen and Nmax and have to say I am impressed by the Nmax

pros Nmax: more modern design, 2 color scheme looks nice, ABS, powerful engine, very good balanced suspension - far superior to PCX and especially Forza, more leg room, feeds can be put far up, relaxed seating position

cons Nmax: cheaper looking and feeling materials as cockpit, switches, mirror, seat, smaller fuel capacity, no fiddling stop, no charger, no lockable small storage, 3/4 helmet doesn't fit below the seat

pros PCX: appears more premium in optic and quality of the material better re sale, longer on the market - more approved, better milage/gas consumption, bigger storage, better seat, smother engine with less vibration

really close race, perfect for me would be a redifinded FORZA - I am 100% with HeyNow

"On a related note, I'd love to see Honda rework the Forza for 2017 or 2018. I think that bike has tons of potential, but it needs a rethink. Everyone's got different tastes, but in my eye the design is very bloated and the lines are bland and uninspiring. I'd like to see Honda slim it down, shave off some weight, give it a sharper look and beef up the suspension. Bump up the engine's power and responsiveness and add the same "idling stop" feature from the PCX along with LED lighting. That'd get my attention."

`Look up on Google "Jack Corbett Yamaha Nmax 155"    I have done an extensive review of the PCX 150 vs my new Nmax 155.  Done some top speeds on both bikes and stopwatched times from 0 to 50 kph and 0-80 kph.  I bought a Honda PCX 150 for my gf and later got myself an Nmax 155.  I prefer the Nmax although the PCX has its advantages.  But if its performance you are after, the Nmax is definitely the top dog.

One thing I do want to mention against the Honda Forza and similar machines is this.  THey would be much more difficult to pick up and muscle around than an Nmax or PCX 150.  Three times now I've gone down to the MAX Muay Thai stadium to video the fights.  It's nearly impossible to park right in front of the stadium--it's that crowded with bikes.  First two times I was able to wrestle my Nmax over a curb and up on a small concrete slab.  Even so it was a tight squeeze between the other bikes.  The third time I had to park across the street in an area filled deep with sand.  The Nmax was just small enough and light enough that I could pull the bike through the sand, muscle it above curbs, and squeeze it between  rows of tightly parked bikes.  I do not think I could have managed this with a Forza or Sym 300, Sym 400, etc.  Also, the last time I took my gf along.  Another condo owner took his gf along but they used motorbike taxis.  Without half trying we beat the other couple to the restaurant even though the motorbike taxi driver likely knew all the short cuts.  This Nmax has a combination of features in a relatively small light machine, and it is very fast. 

Purchased 2017 Nmax this month but taking it easy  during engine break-in.  Currently have put only 300 km on the scooter in two weeks.   I also have a PCX 150 that I purchased new three years ago.

The Nmax is effortless and fun to ride and more comfortable in parking lots and running between cars at slower speeds.   On road at higher speeds feel no difference between the two with handling.

On the performance side the NMAX feels pretty lively from a stop when compared to the PCX. Combined with the responsive throttle the NMAX is a good for stop-and-go traffic just like the PCX.

Nmax suspension feels a little stiff compared to the PCX but handles two up better than PCX with stock suspension.

Nmax braking power comes from front and rear disk brakes including ABS and is far better than brakes on the PCX.  I always thought brakes on PCX were okay but Nmax has big edge here.

The Nmax seat is comfortable but I have not taken on long ride to test.  Although the seat is wide it is shorter than the PCX  but passenger did not say  it was uncomfortable.  Passenger liked overall ride feel of PCX better.

I feel a slight vibration in handlebars and see in mirrors at different rpm's on Nmax while the PCX is vibration free.  Only time will tell if this goes away after engine break-in.

Overall, I think the PCX provides a smoother ride on the roads we have in and around Pattaya but something about the Nmax makes it a joy to ride.

I will be keeping both.

6 hours ago, johng said:

Try some dealers in Bor-win for cheaper prices some will even deliver to your door in Pattaya.

I went to Bowin today, but Nmax seems to be scarcer than hen teeth.

Think I did 7 shops that sold Yamaha of which 3 official yamaha dealer, and none had a Nmax in stock.

Prices varied from 86K + registration cost to 77K including registration and delivery to Pattaya.

They supposed to have stock in 3 days.

Today I had a look at the advertising board at Big C extra, in the hope to see a second hand Nmax advertised, but no luck.

What I saw was 2 Nuovo Elegance advertised for sale, obviously by foreigners, as could be noted from the perfect English the ad was written

The first ad was for a Nuovo Elegance from March 2008 and asking price was 28.000 Baht.

The second one had no build year in the ad, but from the pictures it was clearly one of the earlier models, abd was quoted as having 42.000 Kilometers.

Asking price was 35.000 Baht, and seller claimed that new price was 78.000 Baht

Are these people for real?

9 hours ago, Allstars said:

Today I had a look at the advertising board at Big C extra, in the hope to see a second hand Nmax advertised, but no luck.

What I saw was 2 Nuovo Elegance advertised for sale, obviously by foreigners, as could be noted from the perfect English the ad was written

The first ad was for a Nuovo Elegance from March 2008 and asking price was 28.000 Baht.

The second one had no build year in the ad, but from the pictures it was clearly one of the earlier models, abd was quoted as having 42.000 Kilometers.

Asking price was 35.000 Baht, and seller claimed that new price was 78.000 Baht

Are these people for real?

12.000 kms in less 6 months, 

big trip in Issan during 2 months

0 problem

+ do the job

-  speed (maximun 114) ,  motorcycle side stand

waiting to see the new XMAX 300 .... will be better...but how much ? :)

• 9 months later...
On 3/19/2017 at 10:12 AM, pbas400 said:

0 problem

+ do the job

XMax300 = 2 x NMax150 .

±

I've asked this before regarding the power outlet, is this purely for charging a phone etc? I always carry a mini air compressor and want to know if this outlet will work without blowing the fuse, is it possible to increase the fuse so the outlet will work whilst using the compressor.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 1 month later...
On 19.03.2017 at 10:12 AM, pbas400 said:

0 problem

+ do the job

Speed maximum 122 :)  from downhill

Archived