Corruption: Thai Tv Says Student Exchange Service Steals Money

my benny rai

I was informed by a close Thai friend that this past week they watched news on Thai TV about a company that sends Thai students abroad, particularily to America, and this company has angered many parents due to the fact that their money was apparently stolen and their kids were sent to schools far away from their host families and these schools were comprised of only non-native speaking kids, not regular schools as the service promised. From what my Thai friend could remember, the company had letters for a name. (A and C were supposedly part of the name but my friend cannot swear for sure.) Also, a former Minster of Education was on the board of this company and other important people. Can anyone tell me more details, especially the name of this company (PM or email me, please, if you watched this news program or have first hand knowledge of anyone who has).

I have not found any news about this in the papers. The reason I am asking is extremely personal but very important for me to know because of recommendations I have made in the past to Thai parents. If this is the same company I am thinking it is... I will ammend what I say in the future because I am often asked about overseas exchange services. I would appreciate any first hand accounts of this news. Thank you for any information you can provide.

[email protected]