Cha-Ching! Free Touristvisa Single Entry worldwide? Vientiane obviously didn't get the memo ...!?

Yes, just to clarify: that generally utterly impolite pack at Thai embassy Vientiane Laos is charging THB 1.000.- for the  > worldwide free of charge 'til August 2017 <  Single Entry Tourist Visa  & of course they've 'gotten the memo' saying otherwise.

It's just another of the many accumulating disgusting examples for so called Thai 'officialdom' low-life bottom-feeders (...). Same old, same old, was pretty much to be expected (...).

Nothing more to add here (that would survive censorship) except: share & spread, may it come back and bite them in their greedy <deleted> ... 

P.S.: update on all the other current scams surrounding that place from transport via copies to photos will follow.

^^ Well, me and ten out of ten people applying there recently where 'wrong' then ...

Yes, quote > ... feels like a bait n switch to me ...  seems to be right on the spot. 

Which country is your passport from?

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Nick ZepTepi said:

Which country is your passport from?

Well, doesn't matter really, does it, as the initial & obviously utterly wrong info (aka. hoax) about 'general' extension until August didn't make that distinction in the first place. 

Yes it does.
I only skim headlines but i recollect seeing the first newsmedia headlines about extending the freebies until august.
Then the official announcements came out a few weeks ago stating the freebies until august were only for selected countries.

If you don't know by now not to trust the media you've still lots to learn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick ZepTepi said:

Yes it does.
I only skim headlines but i recollect seeing the first newsmedia headlines about extending the freebies until august.
Then the official announcements came out a few weeks ago stating the freebies until august were only for selected countries.

If you don't know by now not to trust the media you've still lots to learn.

Nothing to do with 'trust the media' and all to do with either false announcement on governments behalf or simple backtracking of which not only i wasn't aware but plenty of people until they collected their visa as of just a few days ago:

original announcement.JPG

<removed>. 

Edited by ubonjoe
removed a quote of a removed post

1 hour ago, jollyhangmon said:

Nothing to do with 'trust the media' and all to do with either false announcement on governments behalf or simple backtracking of which not only i wasn't aware but plenty of people until they collected their visa as of just a few days ago:

original announcement.JPG

> Look at the Democrats in the US with their ludicrous blame games recently. <  What?? Christ, how does that fit this topic? Who's the psycho here :cheesy: ... 

And there was another announcement a few weeks after that, it seems you didn't keep up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darrendsd said:

And there was another announcement a few weeks after that, it seems you didn't keep up

Yeah, me and pretty much everybody else there Tue or Wed as a matter of fact & as stated already. Repeatedly. Selective perception?? More than 140 letters at once is hard for some, i know.

However, no surprise with government playing hide & seek or rather 'Chinese whispers' on a sort of weekly basis - hard to believe but some folks still do have a life other than a smartphone after all. 

10 minutes ago, Nick ZepTepi said:

I see at least 2 logical fallacies. And one attack

Appeal to Popular Opinion - This type of appeal is when someone claims that an idea or belief is true simply because it is what most people believe.

Appeal to Ignorance - An appeal to ignorance occurs when one person uses another person’s lack of knowledge on a particular subject as evidence that their own argument is correct.

Attacking the Person - Also known as Argumentum ad Hominem (argument against the man), this is quite a common occurrence in debates and refers to a person who substitutes a rebuttal with a personal insult.

The first 2 also apply to everyone else there who were wrong.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

Alright Freud Sigi, nobody really cares for your psycho 'expertise' here - at all.

It has been stated clearly & repeatedly how that mix-up occurred and that it happened to many. That's all there is to it, anybody who wanted to did get it long since.

Anything else from your side is expansion and clearly off topic. Which is why it was thrown out once already.

Thanks for the participation as useless as it was.

Alright Freud Sigi, nobody really cares for your psycho 'expertise' here - at all.

It has been stated clearly & repeatedly how that mix-up occurred and that it happened to many. That's all there is to it, anybody who wanted to did get it long since.

Anything else from your side is expansion and clearly off topic. Which is why it was thrown out once already.

Sorry for triggering you.

All the best in your travels.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you had read reports after the 1st March it was clearly stated that the "FREE SETV " had stopped unless you came from certain countries, the UK,and USA,Australia wasn't on the list so it went back to paying 1000 bhat,so if you had taken 10 -15 minutes to look on here then you would of saved yourself the embarrassment at the Thai Embassy of being wrong.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Essecola said:

Vientiane will give an SETV with just a passport and photocopies + photos, yet some ppl have their feathers ruffled over 1000 baht ?  It has to be just about the most tourist friendly consulate there is.

It is the most friendly now a days

Especially with Savannkhet asking for proof of money i.e. Bank statement and ticket out of country.

^^

<> Yes, totally missed out on that backtracking-topic, trying to figure out how possible just now as i was running searches 'Vientiane' or 'SETV' repeatedly, knowing i'd have to go there ... dunno, maybe wrong search-settings.

<> I haven't seen one (out of the first maybe 20, 25 in taking back their passports, others in the back rows too, asking us 'low numbers' on the way out) who were NOT surprised about the 1.000.- requirement, obviously anticipating them being free.

<> Really never had a problem with 1.000.- THB per se (as opposed to some as a matter of fact), wouldn't be here at all if i couldn't afford it.

We just took it as another sudden deviating interpretation by one ('single') embassy/consulate, would't have been a first now, would it  ... 

<> They were pretty unfriendly there this time - ah, we said, no visa-fee so they're bit pissed - like opening up late to let us in the shade/under the roof or starting very late - like 13:45, almost 13:50 - with giving back the pp's which got some folks hectic because they obviously had purchased tickets out of the int'l bus station already, yes, agreed, not too clever (and not really necessary at all as i've never seen any of these buses even nearly full) ... but so far (my personal experience) they'd rather started early to give back passports ...

<> Also the touts where pretty aggressive this time (declining numbers of applicants after season? probably) with some - at least to me - new attempted scams regarding the application-form, photo, transport ... which i will post as soon as i've got it together, ain't my language in the first place ... 

8 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

So you managed to read the first announcement that TV's are free  but not the 2nd that they are not but then blame everyone apart from yourself?

Give it up and admit you made a mistake, there were no hide and seek or chinese whispers, it was announced, if you knew you were going you should have double checked

By continuing to blame everyone apart from yourself you are making yourself look stupid

Oh my, we've already established that your posts - & the likes - don't add any value or info here, waste space & time and will probably be removed (again) by the mods. Who are you, my father, my (non-existent) priest, my shrink maybe ...?! Didn't think so.

There was exactly one useful post which came from u-joe.

I might repeat myself, but thanks for your participation too, as useless as it - too - was. 

My response above goes to the others posting before. 

Yes was a bit of a bummer as i played my hand on that EXTENDED free

visa--BUT after living here on-off for 6 years im NOT surprised by it--its

typical THAINESS...so i always have a plan b--c and yes--even d..

SO nervous as i am im trying for mae sai tomorrow--with my visa exempt

from flying into bkk and then extending at cm immig as i WAS hoping to

get that FREE visa at a later date---NOPE..so here i am going for mae sai

I will dress snappy and tourist like--be polite--smile--have 20k in baht as

much as i hate carrying cash--rental lease from my landlord..bank book

with almost another 20k deposited...i guess i will test the 2x land crossing

unless the officer i speak to decides he doesnt like me for some reason

USA pp..no overstays..always been a tourist..been here since jan 18-60 days

If the worst happens as i always plan for i guess its find a way to chiang kong and head down the river to the lovely folks at the ole thai consulate in VN-laos

Yes--visa runs sucks and one is more than enough for me...is a royal pain :saai:

To be honest i was surprised they extended it..too good to be true maybe????

6 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

Actually the subject area is Logic, not Psychology (as your "Freud Sigi' jibe was meant to imply). The writer was simply listing the logical fallacies that were evident in the dodgy arguments being put forward. Perhaps you might want to expand your own reading a little . . . . ?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jollyhangmon said:

^^

<> Yes, totally missed out on that backtracking-topic, trying to figure out how possible just now as i was running searches 'Vientiane' or 'SETV' repeatedly, knowing i'd have to go there ... dunno, maybe wrong search-settings.

<> I haven't seen one (out of the first maybe 20, 25 in taking back their passports, others in the back rows too, asking us 'low numbers' on the way out) who were NOT surprised about the 1.000.- requirement, obviously anticipating them being free.

<> Really never had a problem with 1.000.- THB per se (as opposed to some as a matter of fact), wouldn't be here at all if i couldn't afford it.

We just took it as another sudden deviating interpretation by one ('single') embassy/consulate, would't have been a first now, would it  ... 

<> They were pretty unfriendly there this time - ah, we said, no visa-fee so they're bit pissed - like opening up late to let us in the shade/under the roof or starting very late - like 13:45, almost 13:50 - with giving back the pp's which got some folks hectic because they obviously had purchased tickets out of the int'l bus station already, yes, agreed, not too clever (and not really necessary at all as i've never seen any of these buses even nearly full) ... but so far (my personal experience) they'd rather started early to give back passports ...

<> Also the touts where pretty aggressive this time (declining numbers of applicants after season? probably) with some - at least to me - new attempted scams regarding the application-form, photo, transport ... which i will post as soon as i've got it together, ain't my language in the first place ... 

Looking forward for your report from this Thai Embassy regarding your SETV .

3 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Yes was a bit of a bummer as i played my hand on that EXTENDED free

visa--BUT after living here on-off for 6 years im NOT surprised by it--its

typical THAINESS...so i always have a plan b--c and yes--even d..

SO nervous as i am im trying for mae sai tomorrow--with my visa exempt

from flying into bkk and then extending at cm immig as i WAS hoping to

get that FREE visa at a later date---NOPE..so here i am going for mae sai

Yes man, you should be in the clear, don't sweat it - you seem to be perfectly prepared as you described it ...

Had not the slightest problem up in Mae Sai with visa-exempt roughly a month ago, was my first in, dunno, 7, 8 years maybe, sure the first of two allowed.

Wish you the best, please let us know how it went ... 

1 minute ago, humqdpf said:

Actually the subject area is Logic, not Psychology (as your "Freud Sigi' jibe was meant to imply). The writer was simply listing the logical fallacies that were evident in the dodgy arguments being put forward. Perhaps you might want to expand your own reading a little . . . . ?

Thanks for the ... well, just see (the now) post 22 ...

3 minutes ago, paul18620 said:

Looking forward for your report from this Thai Embassy regarding your SETV .

ASAP.

Right now gotta skedaddle, landlady's breathing down my neck for the copies she needs for her (my) residence-report (TM-30? i believe it was) ... today still, i promise ... 

16 minutes ago, jollyhangmon said:

Yes man, you should be in the clear, don't sweat it - you seem to be perfectly prepared as you described it ...

Had not the slightest problem up in Mae Sai with visa-exempt roughly a month ago, was my first in, dunno, 7, 8 years maybe, sure the first of two allowed.

Wish you the best, please let us know how it went ... 

Thank you sir--i get why you are pissed off as i was too and this forced my hand to mae sai....but as noted i expect thais to be fooling me 99.9% of the time....

Will report back..as said-ive only been here 60 days but no actual paper VISA

as in my exps as long as u have a wad of money--u will always have happy thais

• Like 1