Exterior House Paint

westbounder

What do you consider the best exterior house paint available here in Thailand?

I'm looking for a quality paint that I can wipe off and clean and also a paint that is strong against fading.

I am getting some ideas for now and will be painting next month or two.

So far two friends have recommended Dulux.

Thank You

I used Dulux weather shield hydro fresh, house was painted on 2010 and the finish as of now is still nice. Its good kit but you need to prep real good before you use the weather shield. You will need two coats so for some its expensive paint but its a premium product.

3 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

What ever you choose ensure you have an extra tin for touch ups at a later date. If you like a colour and add shots to make your deisred colour  they may not be able to replicate it in a few years time.

if it is mixed by computer input,

get the printout, and securely adhere it to the paint tin's lid, and cover the label with clear 'Contact'

• 2 weeks later...

Recommend TOA exterior with no expensive frills it's a very good paint.

Our condo block is now nearly ten years on with TOA and still not timed for repaint.

Make sure it's put on properly and never watered unless appropriate for a first coat.

All empty cans should remain on site for your inspection.

All in the preparation.

An off topic post and a reply attempting to hijack the topic has been removed. Please start your own topic thank you :smile:

I will also move this topic to the DIY forum

I can also confirm TOA is a good paint that does not fade crack or peel much over quite a few years. 

Regards touching up later you can always get the same paint mixed later,  we originally painted the house ten years ago with TOA E711 birdseed and have had many many tins mixed since then. Take a note of the paint name and number and store it in a book somewhere, when you get it mixed later get them to print two labels one for the tin and one to keep in a book somewhere.

When you get it mixed later on for touch up make sure the base they use for the mix is the same, TOA use base A  B and C the A base gives a more white finish, the B base is neutral and the C base is a bit darker

I bought NIPPON COLOUR SHIELD PLUS factory mixed in large buckets. Most any brand of premium paint will offer factory mixed paint in 2.5 or 5 gallon buckets if you make a minimum purchase and can wait a few weeks. I was able to get a good discount at a home building expo in Buriram. I suspect most provinces offer Home pro Expos or similar expo where a paint company will offer special prices on selected series of top coat paint and primer. Not every paint booth has staff who speak English but I already had the price from Thai Watsadu and Global House to compare.  

Buriram Isaan Home Building Expo Mega Sale.JPG

Buriram isaan House Building Expo April 2017.JPG