Marriage.... Is It Just A Piece Of Paper?

GracelessFawn

Is there no end to your questions GF? Are you so insecure that you have to prattle on to the forum with these gooyey questions...................Moderator where are u when we need u?

Has someone asked u to marry? ..........is that it? You freaking out?

Grapetable, chill-out. The only reason why I started this thread was because you dared me to. At least, I have the balls to start this thread. Weren't you suppose to start this one? I dared you to do so, right?

NO, noone has asked me for marriage! There isn't a proposal! If that were true, I wouldn't even bring it out in this forum because I consider my private life.......... my life.

NO, I am not freaking out! Are you?

Edited by GracelessFawn

Graceless, I thought you were ballless. Oh well, I resemble the kid who never grew up. Whatever.

Seriously, we needn't flood the general forum with endless topics about marriage. We do enjoy being agony aunts like Ann Landers, though.

A marriage license, however, it just a piece of paper.

And with that, can we just stop discussing this? If members wish to post, go ahead.

Graceless, I thought you were ballless. Oh well, I resemble the kid who never grew up. Whatever.

Seriously, we needn't flood the general forum with endless topics about marriage. We do enjoy being agony aunts like Ann Landers, though.

A marriage license, however, it just a piece of paper.

And with that, can we just stop discussing this? If members wish to post, go ahead.

Read post number three.

Is there no end to your questions GF? Are you so insecure that you have to prattle on to the forum with these gooyey questions...................Moderator where are u when we need u?

At least, I have the balls to start this thread.

So you ARE male then?? :o:D

Such a tolerant Moderator...................you miss the point completely Mod......

Its really a good question GF............one of your better one's........dont deny authership

It aint a piece of paper...........but I say again .......a public and legal declaration (of insanity some might say or minimise tax or get a spouse visa etc etc). There is nothing wrong with marriage or its institution but the people who enter relationships bugger it up. There are no extra rules tied to marriage than other commited relationships. It also sets a standard for those to really think about what they are entering. Its a formal commitment as opposed to informal live-together or other arrangement.

At least, I have the balls to start this thread.

So you ARE male then?? :o:D

Oh brother....

Where's "Dear Abby" when you need her?

How long have you been posting here, dear Graceless? It appears you are being hazed. And handling it perfectly.

If your new thread posts were truly boring, they would have been ignored, as my last one was.

Your words point to curiosity and passion. The words of posters that attempt to drag you to a (more enlightened? pushed down?) place, seem to me dull. Blunt. Unpolished.

How long have you been posting here, dear Graceless? It appears you are being hazed. And handling it perfectly.

If your new thread posts were truly boring, they would have been ignored, as my last one was.

Your words point to curiosity and passion. The words of posters that attempt to drag you to a (more enlightened? pushed down?) place, seem to me dull. Blunt. Unpolished.

About an hour or so ago.

Yeah, I'm somewhat being hazed, but no worries. It's all in good fun! Besides, I push back when people push me! Human nature, you know!

Thanks for the vote of confidence Jamman. It's nice to hear it from time to time!

Why are people calling for the mods? Shouldn't we everyone be given freedom to start discussing whatever we want to as long as it does not break any forum rules?

So for those who don't like it, just p... off pls!

Glad that the mods aren't closing them for no good reason.

Even if she were a troll, and even if she asks questions you think are silly, so long as people want to discuss the issues she raises, they seem to validate her posts.

We actually considered starting a mini-forum "Personal Relationship Problems in Thailand."

I don't have Personal Relationship Problems! My threads are mostly asking people's opinion or perspective about certain (or maybe controversial) things.

While it is true that some of my questions are silly, I don't understand why it is a problem to you. Being silly is not a crime! Being curious is not a crime! Asking silly questions is not a crime!

Maybe, some people have different thoughts about me, my posts, my questions, etc. After all, I seem to be getting considerable amount of replies. Sorry, but I feel the need to point-out the very obvious, right this moment!

Lastly, plsssssssss let us not forget that this is a forum!

:o

Edited by GracelessFawn

I don't have Personal Relationship Problems! My threads are mostly asking people's opinion or perspective about certain (or maybe controversial) things.

While it is true that some of my questions are silly, I don't understand why it is a problem to you. Being silly is not a crime! Being curious is not a crime! Asking silly questions is not a crime!

Maybe, some people have different thoughts about me, my posts, my questions, etc. After all, I seem to be getting considerable amount of replies. Sorry, but I feel the need to point-out the very obvious, right this moment!

Lastly, plsssssssss let us not forget that this is a forum!

:D

So true... If you dont like what you read, then click out and move on to the next topic. It is really very simple. :o

What's important is the couple's bond of commitment to each other. No peice of paper can hold this. When the relationship stops being satisfying and of mutual benefit and gratification, it will end - paper or no paper. I think in some ways a marriage certificate can be counter productive and "hamstring" the individuals freedom of thought and movement. Some may not like the feeling of being "roped in" and may lead to behavior they might not do otherwise.

To the OP.

I've done quite a bit of research in this area.

Marriage is NOT paper. NOR is matrimony. Polygamy is not a piece of paper, either. However, envelopes and sticky-notes are.

But Marriage Certificates are issued as paper-based documents for the most part. They will be recorded as electronic documents more-and-more in the future.

I hope this clears up the great confusion a few members are experiencing regarding this issue,

-NG

Hi GF

I don't think you are a troll, but I am more interested in why all the posts having to do with love and so forth.

I would like to hear your story, surely something is going on that has got love on your mind so much these days!

Sorry if you already posted it before, but some of the threads get so many pages I can't keep up.

Waiting with baited breath,

z.

Is marriage just a piece of paper? Is it some form of public commitment? Is it really commitment?

What do you all think?

I think your next question should be: what is love? :D:o this is the apex of mushy questions. without involving emotional responses its a good question too.

Edited by Grover

Your topics ask interesting questions, however, it's the same thing over and over again... maybe it's time to get a life outside Thaivisa.com