One week to go: Walking Street more like Hell Zone than Happy Zone as man attacked

rooster59

One week to go: Walking Street more like Hell Zone than Happy Zone as man attacked

thumbnail_IMG_4967.jpg

Image: Siamchon News

Walking Street in Pattaya is more like Hell Zone a week before the area is officially designated as the resort's first "Happy Zone".

The observation comes after the experience of a Thai/ Indian man who was beaten up and threatened with being shot and thrown in the sea by bouncers at a discotheque in the famed South Pattaya street.

Dipak Kumar Tiwaree, 30 said he was at the Nasa Discotheque on Thursday evening. He had been taking some pictures with his mobile phone when the bouncers led him out back of the disco. Dipak said the Indian owner also was there.

"I was asked, Who are you working for?" I said I was not working for anyone, I was just having a night out", he said  at Pattaya police station on Friday.

He claimed that one man got out a gun and stuck it in his ribs saying that he could easily shoot him and throw him in the sea - no one would know.

He was then physically attacked by ten bouncers, he claimed, and tossed outside where the  guards told police he had been making trouble inside.

He said that police at the scene did not lift a finger to help him. Despite being in some distress he was not even given first aid or a drink.

Later at the police station on Thursday night he came face to face with his tormenters again. When police stepped out of the investigation room he was left alone with them - one made the sign of a gun with his fingers and pointed at him.

Nothing was resolved.

So later on Friday Dipak went back to register a formal complaint. He had facial bruising and a wound on his forehead and bruises all over his body, he said.

Police said they would get everyone together again to come to a just settlement for all sides

Top brass police are due in Walking Street next Saturday to declare the entertainment area a "Happy Zone" where tourists will be safe from trouble.

Source: Siamchon News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-18

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He said that police at the scene did not lift a finger to help him. Despite being in some distress he was not even given first aid or a drink. Later at the police station on Thursday night he came face to face with his tormenters again. When police stepped out of the investigation room he was left alone with them - one made the sign of a gun with his fingers and pointed at him."

.... sounds so out of character! 

Never take pics inside a bar in Thailand.  A well-known fact.  If the owner/manager says "OK", you're fine.  If you don't ask, you could be in trouble.  If you don't know and you're a first-timer, you didn't do your research before coming which seems to be the case all too often in recent years.   

Bouncers of walking street,  Happy Zone.

Thought  I read a few weeks back,  some Official Bullshit

about these thugs ,     being the eyes and ears for the law in Pattaya.

Well at least they are consistent.

Thugs through and through.

Amazing Thug Happy Zone  Pattaya  .:bah:

44 minutes ago, AlphMichaels said:

Never take pics inside a bar in Thailand.  A well-known fact.  If the owner/manager says "OK", you're fine.  If you don't ask, you could be in trouble.  If you don't know and you're a first-timer, you didn't do your research before coming which seems to be the case all too often in recent years.   

Maybe, but there's a difference between being being asked politely to put away your phone and what happened here. 

Possibly more to the story than we readers know.

Ok, Maybe I'm missing something.

"He had been taking some pictures with his mobile phone "

He is in side a club on walking street taking pictures, while the government is trying to clean up the area. They have already had a few clubs raided in the last few weeks because of someone calling into the police and complained.

And what does nationality (owner Indian and he is Indian) have to do with it.

I not condoning there action, if that is really what they did, but I kind of get the feeling they asked him to erase the pictures and/or he mouthed off at them.

What happen to the pictures?

1 hour ago, AlphMichaels said:

i agree 100% but whats the big deal about taking a few pics really ? i think they blow taking a few pics well out of per portion.

2 hours ago, AlphMichaels said:

Not so true

I have plenty of photos of friends all have a beers in

bars here with and with out lady company,   no problem. for the last 21 years.

But you don't take photos inside go go bars or sex show bars or  touch up bars

or if the ladies don't want there photo taken.

( Boyfriend,  Husband , mum might see )

Edited by onemorechang

4 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

"Come to a settlement"..... the guy had a gun in his ribs, death threat and beaten up, left alone in investigation room with assailants.....  the RTP are turning Thailand into the Liberia of S.E. Asia.

All very positive for the global image of tourism and tourist well treatment and safety!

2 hours ago, AlphMichaels said:

Where is this encyclopedia of "resarch" I have lived here 18 months and it's the first I've heard about not taking pictures in a bar. If you cannot use cameras there should be a sign on the entrance to the establishment. 

4 minutes ago, Philthyphil said:

This Indian ain't a tourist. 

Thanks for pointing out that is allowed to attack long time residents, only not tourists, and that the world should take note of it when considering to condemn an attack or not.

It is time for the main world countries give strong warnings to their citizens about Thailand being unsafe with no Police authority to protect them. Then Thailand may do something. But another big dream.

Oh the irony. You think the rest of the world's seedy red light District's are safe, with police everywhere?

Pattaya is Disneyland compared to them!

2 minutes ago, payttayasquirt said:

Oh the irony. You think the rest of the world's seedy red light District's are safe, with police everywhere?

Pattaya is Disneyland compared to them!

Well thats simply not true.  No further comment required.