6 months multi-entry visa - how often?

Hi, 

I would like to ask - how often can I ask for 6 months multi-entry tourist visa?

I mean, after my 6 months visa expiration, I will come back to my home country - is it possible ask for the same visa next day?

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, BritTim said:

At least in some countries, back-to-back multiple-entry tourist visas are issued without trouble. As with all things related to Thai immigration and visas, it may depend on where you apply.

And for someone from Europe, there's no other choice than flying back to Europe every 6-9 months, correct ? I think I heard somewhere that we might apply in Australia for a METV because they weren't requiring to have residence there

56 minutes ago, bobyalseor said:

And for someone from Europe, there's no other choice than flying back to Europe every 6-9 months, correct ? I think I heard somewhere that we might apply in Australia for a METV because they weren't requiring to have residence there

As a general rule, you can only apply in home country. I have also read those reports of success applying in Australia, but it is a long way to go (even if closer than Europe or the US) to find out that they are now following the same rules as elsewhere. I personally would not risk it.

• Like 1

I can tell the OP that my "non Imm O" obtained in Birmingham UK, (based on over 50 years old) expired sometime ago, and tried to renew while in Toronto, Canada, but to absolutely no avail, even though it states on their website that type of Visa is indeed available. Eventually came away with 6 month METV.

Question to those who know: Is an METV convertible to a Non Imm OA (retirement) in Thailand?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, PeCeDe said:

Question to those who know: Is an METV convertible to a Non Imm OA (retirement) in Thailand?

You can only get a OA visa at an embassy or official consulate in your home country.

You can change an entry from a METV to a 90 day non immigrant visa entry and then apply for a one year extension of stay at a immigration office based upon retirement.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can only get a OA visa at an embassy or official consulate in your home country.

You can change an entry from a METV to a 90 day non immigrant visa entry and then apply for a one year extension of stay at a immigration office based upon retirement.

Thanks. 

6 month multi entry - 9 month when you time it right. 

The visa is valid for 6 month and if you get in on the last day of the six month you get 60+30 days more. 

I 'I personally have back to back visas. You don't have to get it in your home country if you can prove residency where you apply for the visa. 

Different ambassys have different rules. In Sweden Finland :

have 200k baht for 6 month in a bank account (done with photoshop)

have a contract where you live in Thailand 

Show proof of employment in home country. 

- back to back visas. 

Prove to Thailand you have money, living and are not working. 

The he best thing with this visa is that I don't have to extend it each 60 day at immigration for 1900thb. Instead I do

a visa run to Cambodia. No paperwork. No spending a day at migration + tm30 and 60 days instead of 30. 

9 month and take a trip home and extend. Acceptable. Have almost 3 years back to back tourist visas in TH. 

I am a tourist but to young to get a retirement visa. Wish TH changes the age rule that don't apply to many.