Thailand’s image as a corrupt country a serious problem, says expert, after recent survey

rooster59

1 minute ago, Oziex1 said:

Yes of course, the difference being the justice systems in the above mentioned countries are a little less dysfunctional than what Thailand claims as their justice system.

At least in the U.S. your considered innocent until proven guilty. Here you are guilty and only proven innocent if your family is somebody. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, kowpot said:

At least in the U.S. your considered innocent until proven guilty. Here you are guilty and only proven innocent if your family is somebody. 

Or if you are Falang guilty no matter what  :bah:

Edited by onemorechang

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

Thailand corrupt  .....    geeeeze ....  I wouldn't have guessed  :shock1:

Same as many other developed countries, just they are not as transparent ...

Australia, USA, UK, France, NZ ....

try and tell me these countries are not corrupt ...

37 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I respect your opinion ,  but I believe things are better with Khun Prayuth in charge.

He stopped the wasted rice scam .. he is going after the corrupt Thaksins that ripped millions off the thai economy, the China-Thai railway will go ahead , roads and the CM to Bangkok freeway upgrade is going ahead, he is reviewing education, the ferry to Hau Hin is now in operation ... and many other things.

Your opinion is good and this is just mine .....

I have an issue with your thought process such that you might need to go on ignore. Generally, folk who cannot see the wood for the trees either have an agenda or are a bit wet behind the ears. Which one are you?

2 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

I have an issue with your thought process such that you might need to go on ignore. Generally, folk who cannot see the wood for the trees either have an agenda or are a bit wet behind the ears. Which one are you?

don't really care what you think.  Are you not happy with Thailand and the Government ?

maybe think about relocating elsewhere  ....

It's a heck of alot better than the way it was before ...  !!

If you have nothing to hide ...   the Junta will not bother you ....  just give stability ..   but there are some farang who just don't get it.  :whistling:

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Every country around the world has a sport that they're excel in and Thailand made

corruption it's national sport where every one is a precipitator on some

level, as Thais have been brought up to know that who you know is better

than what you know, so they go about it here in a gig time and in your face

like manner not afraid of the consequences knowing full well that the man

next to them is just as corrupt or can be made to be one,,,,

If bribery and corruption were an Olympic event. I reckon Thailand would not even have to show up. They cold win all of the gold medals by default and just have them sent here.

just try to picture in your mind the scenario of a corruption free thailand and how it would heavily impact the lives of almost everyone living, do business, etc in the country and how life as you know it now changes diametrically. Hard to fathom, if it's even remotely possible. There seems to be zero incentive to clean up the ills and evils of thailand, it's the mai pen rai attitude shaped by xenophobia and a whole lot of "heads stuck in the sand".

Edited by keep it real

4 hours ago, arthurboy said:

Given two plus years of junta and A44 rule, anyone else perplexed as to why corruption is still as rampant as ever? I am.

You might be forgiven if you think that the junta actually allows corruption as payment in kind in return for 'supporting' it. I do.

Not at all….. Tidying up the image rather than the corruption brings a win / win result for the powers that be.

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

The RTP makes Thailand look bad.  That organization has been in bad need of an overhaul for decades.   

The RTP has been in bad need of being completely disbanded and replaced for decades.

I read a report a few years ago that said they were the most organised criminal gang on the planet.

I think a little more than a simple overhaul is required.

Edited by darksidedog

You only have to look at Taxis throughout the country to know that the government turns a blind eye to corruption and the scamming of foreigners/tourists.

Whether it's Bangkok (where we can all list 5 places where no taxi will put it's meter on), to Huahin and Samui where meter's a re installed but not used and rates start at B100 or B400 respectively.

A well known problem which isn't tackled as to many people in high places get a share of the corruption from easily suckered tourists.

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

I think many like me are so relieved that Khun Prayuth Chan-O-Cha is in charge.

Are you serious? This guy and his cohorts have done naff all for this country apart from deplete it's reserves on and tighten up the laws on being able to speak your mind. The junta is a disgrace and are misleading the people they are supposed to be serving. They talk about reconciliation and  democracy but this is only lip service. The sooner they get found out the better and then maybe the country can return to some kind of normality  if that's what you want to call it. 

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

that is an utterly ridiculous claim.

27 minutes ago, rtco said:

Are you serious? This guy and his cohorts have done naff all for this country apart from deplete it's reserves on and tighten up the laws on being able to speak your mind. The junta is a disgrace and are misleading the people they are supposed to be serving. They talk about reconciliation and  democracy but this is only lip service. The sooner they get found out the better and then maybe the country can return to some kind of normality  if that's what you want to call it. 

' normality '      .....    so blocking roads and airports and protests and shootings at protesters and fire bombs is normality  ....  ?

sorry ...  disagree ..... at least one can walk anywhere without issues .....   unless farang having something to hide.   imo.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

It's a heck of alot better than the way it was before ...  !!

If you have nothing to hide ...   the Junta will not bother you ....  just give stability ..   but there are some farang who just don't get it. 

You've got that right Steven. How lucky the Thai people are that they have authoritieswho care about their well-being.    lol!

1 minute ago, sandemara said:

You've got that right Steven. How lucky the Thai people are that they have authoritieswho care about their well-being.    lol!

I'm not saying it's perfect ....   but it's better than the previous ...

but many farang still disagree ....  so they should relocate ... why live in a place where you don't like the way its governed ...   and I believe thais are getting use to the Junta and agree as I do.

2 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

Yes and perhaps that's why corruption is now  worse,  that money is going into his and his accomplices offshore accounts rather than the Thai economy.

Do you have a source for this or is it just your conspiracy theory?

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

You'll never get rid of corruption.... never.. that just ain't going to happen.

but you can try to control and reduce it, which is what Australia, USA, France, nz etc are doing.... seemingly successfully, reducing the impact on victims of corruption

Just now, farcanell said:

You'll never get rid of corruption.... never.. that just ain't going to happen.

but you can try to control and reduce it, which is what Australia, USA, France, nz etc are doing.... seemingly successfully, reducing the impact on victims of corruption

As someone else has mentioned, I think the anti-defamation laws make its elimination impossible - perhaps even by design - by rendering anyone who pursues a corruption matter of any description literally subject to prosecution and punishment.

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

The equivalency argument never solves ANY problem...

5 minutes ago, hdkane said:

The equivalency argument never solves ANY problem...

your right ....    It just seems that the TV farangs and everyone wants to complains about thailand ......

geeeze .....  to be honest .   I think it's the best place to be ..... :)