Is there a Nazi contingent in Thailand?

bkk6060

I am just asking the question.  Maybe too controversial to remain a thread?

Anyway, over the past 5 days I have seen 5 incidents that make me wonder.

A few days ago, 2 white dudes were walking down Sukhumvit Nana area wearing shirts with swastikas on the back  Maybe just a novelty item shirt?

Then, yesterday I saw 2 dudes in a bar that were definitely Aryan types.  Ex-con looking with exposed Nazi tattoos and other horrific symbols.

Then today, I saw a white dude with a hat with a swastika on the front label.

I cannot remember the last time I saw any of this in the US.  But, this is Thailand so maybe no one has concern or possibly knows what the symbol means?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting comment.

Ex con looking.

As for the Swastika.

Many of the younger generation don't think of the symbol in a way older generations do.

It doesn't bother me either way,as it is past history.

Yes, it is history but it must never be forgotten or trivialized. It's a part of modern history that blemishes Europe, dare I say the West. 

Millions of people lost their lives because on a few fanatics. 

I've seen a few young Thais wear swastika t-shirts, I don't honestly believe they understand the symbolism, they just think of it as a cool design. 

The world just feels a little nastier currently ... and idiots like the ones described by the OP feel more emboldened. 

35 minutes ago, silverado said:

AlexRich (and some others...), i think they understand too much more than you and your honest believe as i think you don't know nothing about the swastika symbolism

most of people in thailand don't know nothing about ww in europe, but well about buddhism, sangskri, and jainism

enjoy : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

Only your opinion is valid? :passifier:

9 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Only your opinion is valid? :passifier:

my opinion is that there is no nazi contingent in thailand  (at least among thai people) , and the connection to the swastika cross on shirts is explained in the wikipedia link i gave before. i agree  with those (as you ?)  who believe that most thai don't even know the meaning of nazi....

anyway , i trust what is written on wikipedia  and yess, i think this is valid

9 hours ago, djayz said:

Yes, it is history but it must never be forgotten or trivialized. It's a part of modern history that blemishes Europe, dare I say the West. 

You don't say, but not a few fanatics at all. Most of Germany identified and/or agreed with what was going on and reason why they were continually pelted into submission by the Brits/Yanks. They had to have it.

Op, clearly on the rise in Europe especially, but I guess they can get away with it here.

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

You don't say, but not a few fanatics at all. Most of Germany identified and/or agreed with what was going on and reason why they were continually pelted into submission by the Brits/Yanks. They had to have it.

Op, clearly on the rise in Europe especially, but I guess they can get away with it here.

A few fanatics who led the sheep. A lot of Germans wanted nothing to do with it, but out of fear, they kept their mouths shut and went along with it. 

Yes, it seems to be on the rise in Europe... maybe time for another war? 

I've even seen a pickuptruck in BKK with a huge "HITLER" sticker on the rear windscreen.

In Terminal 21 they sold shirts with swastika's and they were in fashion last year. Thai have no idea what it stands for in the West, they just think it's cool.

I've seen several Thai with swastika shirts but that was last year when they were in fashion. White guys wearing them (or tattoo's) sure know what it means and i don't understand what they are doing here.

There is another thread about it on this forum.

There was a fuss a few year's back when a restaurant called "Hitler Chicken" or something close to that opened in Bangkok.  

There do seem to be some pretty hard core Australian and Euro Biker gangs in the Pattaya area but they seem to concern themselves more with commercial enterprises than white power.  

A lot of German folk songs sound like "fascist type", e.g. the song about New Year Tree. This is just distinctive language feature.

What about swastika symbol, IMHO, Asian guys do not associate it with nazi but European apparently do. And if European guy has swastika tattoo especially combined with gothic sentences in German or Latin languages he most likely can be a member or supporter of nazi movement.

On 20/03/2017 at 9:57 AM, NextStationBangkok said:

Swastika is symbol of Lord Ganesh as per Hindus.

Don't get confused with that. It is sacred for the mass of population in Asia who worship Ganesh.

1210280918481067-hindu-swastika--nazi-sw

Not this one again. It`s as Jingthing said; Farlangs that have some kind of swastika symbols on their person, especially tattoos are likely to be neo Nazis..

Seems the OP sees a least 1 Nazi a day. Looks like there are more Nazis where he lives then those that escaped to Argentina after the war.

29 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Not this one again. It`s as Jingthing said; Farlangs that have some kind of swastika symbols on their person, especially tattoos are likely to be neo Nazis..

Seems the OP sees a least 1 Nazi a day. Looks like there are more Nazis where he lives then those that escaped to Argentina after the war.

Do mean Nazi tattoo is banned in western world ?

What if anyone found on the streets with Nazi tattoo in Germany, France or in the UK ?

Can be arrested ?

It says "Hitler lives"    big sign on Pattaya /Sukhumvit road a few years ago  the waxworks museum had big trouble over it.

58d233a3d29c4_Hitler1.thumb.JPG.6f5868fa70cc4c866a1e3bef942c683d.JPG

This one from somewhere on the net

58d2326bb4836_McHitler.jpg.0cdeab73b2136541a347a856fb1404ff.jpg

this one from a government sponsored educational video !!!    ( was removed pretty sharpish once complaints came )

hitlerthailand.png.9023bf8ecd6e4f33bde5a7d53c976259.png

It's nothing to do with Nazi or the war.

This symbol is for religion. 

'The swastika is an ancient symbol that has been found worldwide, but it is especially common in India. It can be seen in the art of the Egyptians, Romans, Greeks, Celts, Native Americans, and Persians as well Hindus, Jains and Buddhists.

Swastikas are most commonly used as charms to bring good fortune (in which case the arms are bent clockwise), but they have a variety of religious meanings as well'.

5 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

It's nothing to do with Nazi or the war.

This symbol is for religion. 

'The swastika is an ancient symbol that has been found worldwide, but it is especially common in India. It can be seen in the art of the Egyptians, Romans, Greeks, Celts, Native Americans, and Persians as well Hindus, Jains and Buddhists.

Swastikas are most commonly used as charms to bring good fortune (in which case the arms are bent clockwise), but they have a variety of religious meanings as well'.

Dude, anyone that has lived in Thailand more than five minutes understands the difference between Buddhist swastikas and Nazi swastikas. Duh!

There had definitely been a very noticeable trend for Thai youth to wear EXPLICIT Nazi symbols including Nazi swastikas and heroic (or whimsical) Hitler images. Personally, I'm seeing that a lot less recently in Pattaya but don't know if that trend has faded nationally or not. 

As I said before when Thai youth wear that stuff you can usually safely assume it's fashion. Maybe naughty fashion because some must know they were get a rise out of some people from it but it's hardly any indication of Nazi ideology. 

On 3/19/2017 at 10:41 PM, Hedghog said:

Interesting comment.

Ex con looking.

As for the Swastika.

Many of the younger generation don't think of the symbol in a way older generations do.

It doesn't bother me either way,as it is past history.

The Swastika is an ancient Buddhist, Hindu, and Jainist religious symbol that Hitler bastardized to become the Nazi symbol.

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

This was in Sukhumvit area between Asoke and Nana.  Yes, a lot of people from different walks of life are on the streets there.

But, like I said I asked the question rea. my observations.  You are the one calling them Nazis.

On 3/19/2017 at 11:28 PM, djayz said:

And the willing complicity of millions of people.

Blaming what happened on a few fanatics is a gross simplification. The fanaticism appealed to all those who felt they and their country had fallen on hard times and "obviously" the recovery from the loss of face could be achieved by focusing on people who didn't fit the profile of blond, blue-eyed Aryans. 

Fanatics can only be effective if they appeal to the masses, or at least some significant segment of the population, and the masses buy into the "solution," whatever the cost may be.

That same sort of us versus them mentality is alive and well in these times.

36 minutes ago, johng said:

It says "Hitler lives"    big sign on Pattaya /Sukhumvit road a few years ago  the waxworks museum had big trouble over it.

58d233a3d29c4_Hitler1.thumb.JPG.6f5868fa70cc4c866a1e3bef942c683d.JPG

This one from somewhere on the net

58d2326bb4836_McHitler.jpg.0cdeab73b2136541a347a856fb1404ff.jpg

this one from a government sponsored educational video !!!    ( was removed pretty sharpish once complaints came )

hitlerthailand.png.9023bf8ecd6e4f33bde5a7d53c976259.png

BORING. It`s old news. Next. :post-4641-1156693976:

This one comes up regularly, just like the "calling people Farang is racist" threads.

The word Swastika comes from the same Sanskrit root as Sawasdee -ka.

The Buddhist swastika is the reverse of the Nazi Swastika, anybody wanting to know why should read the incredibly boring 'Mein Kampf'.

We also see the UK's Union Jack all over the place, I doubt that most Thais know what it signifies, it's just a nice symbol.

They don't need Nazi ideology in Thailand, they just don't give a s**t about political correctness and do their best to keep the number of foreigners to a reasonable level. As should any country.

Don't worry about it.

On Mon Mar 20 2017 at 9:57 AM, NextStationBangkok said:

Swastika is symbol of Lord Ganesh as per Hindus.

Don't get confused with that. It is sacred for the mass of population in Asia who worship Ganesh.

1210280918481067-hindu-swastika--nazi-sw

Image of Buddha in China's Zhejiang province , see swastiks on chest .

20170219_152431.jpg

Archived