Is there a Nazi contingent in Thailand?

bkk6060

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The OP knows the difference. 

How do you know? 

And, what is the difference between a Nazi swastikas and a Buddhist one exactly?  You do know the Nazi's adopted the symbol from other religions for they symbol, right?  Jeezz dude, duh!!!

On 3/20/2017 at 3:40 AM, silverado said:

AlexRich (and some others...), i think they understand too much more than you and your honest believe as i think you don't know nothing about the swastika symbolism

most of people in thailand don't know nothing about ww in europe, but well about buddhism, sangskri, and jainism

enjoy : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

And do you think the several Western white looking people he spotted wearing a Swastika or with Nazi style tattoos on display are also into Buddhism, Sangskri and Jainism?

14 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

madusa

I would like to inform you, that it wasnt a case of just roasting a few Jews, in the gas chambers. It was an agonizing death, where mothers went with their children and had to watch them die.Your flippancy insults me. My mother was a Jewish woman, whose family made it to freedom, when many of her family died.It will never be forgotten, but it seems that it is ok to make fun of it, or treat it so lightly as you do.

Not only Jewish people, although they suffered diabolically at the hands of the Nazis. One friend in an Italian Jew who escaped to England and worked with the Allies as a multi-lingual interpreter. She lost her entire family to them, parents, siblings, extended family - the whole lot gone.

The Nazis also ruthlessly tortured and killed Gypsies, Homosexuals, communists, any who resisted them, prisoners of war, people with disabilities. 

To date the most vile and disgusting ideology ever to spring from the minds of man. We even have one poster on TVF who as his avatar adopts the shield badge of the Totenkopf SS regiment. I pm'd him to ask if he actually new what that badge represented? He never replied.

I doubt any Western person would not instantly think of Nazis when seeing these "fashion items" or tattoos.

The OP asked if there was a nazi contingent in Thailand, based on public displays he had seen. I think any reasonable observer would have to conclude there's a little nazi in most people in the Kingdom. This is simply based on observable national characteristics - an unquestioned  slavish devotion to "superiors" and their right to privilege, an almost mystical belief in the superiority of the Thai race, culture, values etc not supported by reality, a willingness to believe anything an outwardly superior caste person says, an overly sentimental attraction towards fantasy or magic that defies logic, etc.

The real ace of proofs supporting any theory about Thailand as a fallow field for fascism or a nazi credo would be to discover the existence of a core group of  brutal, immoral underlings who throw themselves into the ruthless, brutal dirty work required to enable an effete group of greedy authorities to enrich themselves at the expense of a generally fearful, submissive lower class. Remember the para-military brown and blackshirts and their love of panoply, bombastic ceremony and  tight uniforms resplendent in and glitter and symbol patches?  Any group like that in Thai society generally regarded as clumsy, incompetent bullying  thugs eager to work over and exploit the populace?

Any other possible comparisons between the Weimar Republic and Thailand's tottering democracy?

Baerboxer

Bb, i know that the Jews were not the only ones targeted by the Nazi filth.It was also blacks and as you say, homosexuals, gypsies, comunists, disabled people, an virtually anybody else who did not fit in with the Aryan concept. I didnt point them out, due to the op concentrating on the Jewish race.Please forgive,what you thought was my failure to include the others, ho suffered at the hands of that insidious, crazed, individual.

What really gets me, is when people say, 'yes but you cant blame a country for one man', but they forget, it wasn't only one man,  there were many more who thought like him.:sad:

23 hours ago, Formaleins said:

Go and look up the name Gingrich Yagoda

I took your suggestion which led to several hours of informative reading on Wikipedia, following links to unexpected revelations.

I had never understood the origins of the massive Soviet purges in the 30's.

He was indeed a nasty dude but not any worse than both his predecessors and successors...The scale of the human slaughter in the Soviet Union, perpetrated by the Soviets themselves prior to WW2 is astounding.

I took your suggestion which led to several hours of informative reading on Wikipedia, following links to unexpected revelations.
I had never understood the origins of the massive Soviet purges in the 30's.
He was indeed a nasty dude but not any worse than both his predecessors and successors...The scale of the human slaughter in the Soviet Union, perpetrated by the Soviets themselves prior to WW2 is astounding.

Another famous Jew

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Another famous Jew

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Oh dear, we appear to have a member of the Julius Stretcher fan club on the board.

Re - entry should be spectacular, there are obviously a few tiles loose up there...

Yes, they stay especially at the "Heidelberg" hotel/bar on Nana soi 4. Most of them over 70 years old.

There used to be a German bar and restaurant opposite the old Golden Palace Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 1, did a mean currywurst. It was the hangout of an old German boy who always wore a French Foreign Legion Para beret (green).
I once chatted to him briefly, he said that he had joined the Foreign Legion as a French POW after the war. I don't know about his political views, although I did get the impression that he rather thought Attila the Hun was a bit soft when it came to social policy!

On 3/22/2017 at 3:59 PM, Suradit69 said:

And the willing complicity of millions of people.

Blaming what happened on a few fanatics is a gross simplification. The fanaticism appealed to all those who felt they and their country had fallen on hard times and "obviously" the recovery from the loss of face could be achieved by focusing on people who didn't fit the profile of blond, blue-eyed Aryans. 

Fanatics can only be effective if they appeal to the masses, or at least some significant segment of the population, and the masses buy into the "solution," whatever the cost may be.

That same sort of us versus them mentality is alive and well in these times.

Sure is.  Trump is a perfect example.

Archived