Where to buy/get better chicken

glegolo

I have a friend living round Chaiyaphum-area. He has recently moved here fulltime... and is on the brink of buying stuff to his property. He mentioned to me that he really like to buy chickens. But he said also that he is not so much impressed by the quality of the usual village-chickens running around everywhere.

He asked me if a knew where to buy chickens more like leghorns or something of that kind. I have no idea, I just eat these guys, but do anyone of you members have any idea, where to find these chickens, or at least better chickens wellfeed I guess...

Thanks for your input..

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

On 2017-03-22 at 10:01 PM, sjeng said:

google around, there are some farang who sell all kind of chicks, just feed them properly and you get your eggs and chicken. 

OK I will try to google as well..

thanks

Glegolo

I'm sure you have a local farmer's market.

We bought some of the red layer chooks (no idea what the proper name is, they're the ones you see in battery cages) as hatchlings for a few Baht each. They had been sexed as all female. By an alternate route we acquired a male (for free) who has grown into a fine chap who "looks after" the ladies.

The girls are rewarding us for saving them from a life of drudgery with delicious free-range eggs.

They don't really do broody, so if you want babies you'll need an incubator or some of the black gai-baan who will happily try to hatch anything roughly egg shaped.

They are (like all Wifeys finned, feathered and 4 legged friends) primarily pets, so we would never eat them.