Pattaya vehicle tunnel to be opened for Songkran

snoop1130

Pattaya vehicle tunnel to be opened for Songkran

By The Nation

Central Pattaya's vehicle tunnel is to be temporarily opened to traffic for Songkran.

Thitiwat Anutruttikul, the engineer in charge of construction, said he was informed by the Rural Roads Department that the tunnel should be opened to traffic from April 9 to 17, when the main road is expected to be full with Songkran revelers. 

Thitiwat said the tunnel's construction was about 95 per cent finished and some small details need to be completed. 

He said the tunnel would be officially opened on May 1.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30310063

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-3-23

1 minute ago, mikebell said:

In time for the mass exodus abroad.  I'm off to Sri Lanka rather than witness the appalling waste of water during a drought.

We just stock up and stay at home.  Central Pattaya and surrounds is a mess.

58 minutes ago, localczar said:

wonder if it will be open for the lantern festival, the pattaya buffalo races, national shag day, the Superbowl, Somchai's birthday, etc?

When is  national shag day ?

I need to put that in the diary.  is it like a two for one deal type of day ? :smile:

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

yeah.  give it a year or two and see how much water seeps under the road, foundations of neighboring buildings, etc.  The consequences of this dig are yet to be seen.

Our Flooders will never give up looking for that water year after year after year . . . . The good news is that so many have learned that water runs downhill, not uphill, now.

On 24/03/2017 at 9:16 AM, onemorechang said:

When is  national shag day ?

I need to put that in the diary.  is it like a two for one deal type of day ? :smile:

Every day if you want it to be........I use an old blended shag that gives off a fine slightly perfumed odour and is quite cheap with little tar content :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Our Flooders will never give up looking for that water year after year after year . . . . The good news is that so many have learned that water runs downhill, not uphill, now.

Give us  more time,  we are working on it. :giggle:

9cde5d5cae6a9061501f72eeb966de74.jpg

dowsing-rods-divining-rods-dowsing-dowser-dowse-energy-energy-lines-AYA93A.jpg

Edited by onemorechang

• 1 month later...

Needed opening yesterday. Gridlocked due to the long weekend traffic chaos. 

Again the coaches reducing the roads from 4 to 2 lanes and at some junctions where there was traffic lights utter standstill due to people jumping the lights with nowhere to go. 

Top tourist destination!!

Edited by NormanW
In correct grammar

40 minutes ago, NormanW said:

Needed opening yesterday. Gridlocked due to the long weekend traffic chaos. 

Again the coaches reducing the roads from 4 to 2 lanes and at some junctions where there was traffic lights utter standstill due to people jumping the lights with nowhere to go. 

Top tourist destination!!

I have never seen it as bad as it was yesterday ever before.Bali Hai Pier was organised chaos and the traffic jam started at the beginning of Walking Street

10 minutes ago, Asiantravel said:

I have never seen it as bad as it was yesterday ever before.Bali Hai Pier was organised chaos and the traffic jam started at the beginning of Walking Street

I have many times.

The tunnel will help us all speed to the next traffic jam. 500m up the road.

The Top family Destination Traffic Jam of Asia.

2.5 hours round trip yesterday at 17:00

Jomtien to Nakulia. :bah:

Ps Thais make most of the traffic jams themselves,  due to there selfish behaviour on the roads.

Edited by onemorechang

13 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

I have many times.

The tunnel will help us all speed to the next traffic jam. 500m up the road.

The Top family Destination Traffic Jam of Asia.

2.5 hours round trip yesterday at 17:00

Jomtien to Nakulia. :bah:

Ps Thais make most of the traffic jams themselves,  due to there selfish behaviour on the roads.

Yes,  they travel that road everyday for almost a year and  then act surprised that they have to merge because of the barriers , that just went up yesterday :stoner: