Video: Who needs a Hollywood car chase when you've got Thailand!

rooster59

6 hours ago, kannot said:

I had someone behind  me like this once trying to push thru the inside when there sure wasnt enough room the traffic was moving normally and no hold  ups, I was in a  queue of about 5  cars, it got to the point where i thought  , Ok pal if you dont stop doing this  Im pushing you into the ditch as I was on the main road  carriageway and he was trying to squeeze thru the "motorcycle lane"

He  did this for about 4-5  minutes and then suddenly turned left and disappeared.........crazy

Regular stuff from these impatient drivers. Had a bloody great coach think it was okay for him to do 50-60m on the wrong side of the road to get to his right turn and force me into the gutter! Stuff squeezing up the inside is even more  common in traffic. Lanes are a waste of paint.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I discuss driving with my Thai family & friends, including my newly qualified wife, I often emphasize the importance of staying on the left hand side of the road, even when you're on a dual carriageway. My rational for this argument is that 'the further away from oncoming traffic you are, the safer your are'.

The driver of the car this idiot hit when he crossed the median in his desperate bid to escape, would probably not have been involved had he obeyed this very sensible traffic rule.

I shall use this video to reinforce my argument.

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Viewed more than 2 million times... how frivolous and time wasting social

media has become that millions of people find the time to watch it

while surly neglecting other, more important thing in everyday chores...

Most people's lives are basically tedium and boredom. So something like this will spice it up. I guess you don't need that in your life. 555

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

"I've written a rap song, y'all, on the situation that be, hit it"

It's facebook hype that gossipers like,
that shapes our world,
a wisdom pearl,
forever posting,
the latest word on the street, this train don't stop,
so grab a seat,
facebook junky,
twitter fool,
youtube clips,
hyper bole,
watching the world in the palm of my hand,
the ever changing social media land

So give up wasting your mother <deleted> time,
Delete facebook, switch your twitter to off line,
Time to get real with my life, liking youtube videos , yo, where's my life,
Watching the world revolve each and everyday,
Get involved in the world there's an app on google play,
Social media got me all messed up,
Peace to my brothers, this is for real, word up.

This is a bit over the top, but this kind of thing happens daily.  I had one, not this bad, just yesterday.  Older Fortuner, blinged out with the wide, thin racing tires,  blew past me, weaving in and out very erratically - lane changes were sudden, severe jerks of the wheel.   In BKK last week, had a common Toyota sedan go blasting by, whipped in front of me, followed by a 500 series Benz right on his/her ass.  They kept going, making erratic, quick lane changes around other cars.  Benz was chasing the other car, I suppose it could of been a domestic situation, or, more likely, the Toyota slighted the Benz driver in traffic somehow, so Benz was going to chase, confront and teach the peasant in the cheap Toyota, a lesson!  Often ends in tears, a bullet hole or a knife wound.

6 hours ago, impulse said:

I'm a little curious about who's taking the video, and how crazy their driving must have been to keep up with this nimrod.

seems someone with a camera helmet, (probably a cop) was doing the filming. easy for a scooter to move through traffic. also seems like the pickup was running from someone, probably a cop. the pickup crashes into on coming traffic.

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Called Work.

Whilst scary as you could be wiped out and severely injured or dead in seconds by the brainless idiots such as this one, it comes as no surprise. 

I am convinced now that the mirrors on cars and vans don't work for thai eyes ( like a cat?)  because coming down the northern side of the Pattaya / Khorat Cao Yai "mountain challenge" yesterday a brainless clown driving ( and I use that expression reservedly) a mini van on a relatively empty road decided he was going to lane change on a corner with me on the inside forcing me ( with fully functioning ABS) to shudder to a halt less than a cm from the ditch in the centre of the road. 

Even though  I had made my presence well known in advance after observing his unusual style, using both my horn and lights (BMW horn is quite loud) old Somchai continued his manoeuvre completely ignoring me. 

My wife who limits her histrionics to very special occasions, told me after she calmed down that she thought she was going to die. 

I simply replied that if Somchai in the van had hit my BM, it would not be her or me whose life expectancy was dramatically reduced, it would be Somchai

it did nothing to help her concern nor to dispel the distict smell of fear that had permeated throughout the car.

on the upside though my repeated but ignored bleats about the boot being the place for luggage and non essential boxes/bags etc may now be recognised as being sage advice as opposed to just my regular bleating.

but yes these clowns really should be taken off the road, their "driving skills" are tantamount to attempted murder or at the very least manslaughter.

oh how I miss civilisation at times!

Edited by The Dark Lord
Spell checker wishes to tell me what to write, that cannot be right!

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Bet you watched it...........:laugh:

1 hour ago, gdgbb said:

It didn't crash into the central reservation it crashed into a car coming in the opposite direction  on the other side of the carriageway.

He was doing a U-turn and the other guy was speeding. It worked earlier in the week.

7 hours ago, impulse said:

Not so much worse than the past...  We used to spend a lot of our slack time picking lint out of our navels.  This is just about as constructive.

I used to knit rugs  with mine:crazy:

2 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

seems someone with a camera helmet, (probably a cop) was doing the filming. easy for a scooter to move through traffic. also seems like the pickup was running from someone, probably a cop. the pickup crashes into on coming traffic.

And escaping the long arm of the law probably explains the guy's insane driving.  To be clear, nothing excuses it.  But a quick search of YouTube confirms that people do crazy things in high speed chases.

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

It's called "passtime"....................

Funny you would ridicule those 2 million while you are right in there with them...........

Sorry but I guess that I am one of the 2 million and I quite enjoyed watching the action and was quite pleased at how it ended with the 'wild-man' packing it all in at the end..........

There is 2 million of us and one of you, I think you are out numbered....... Quite outnumbered.......

11 hours ago, Crossy said:

11 hours ago, impulse said:

I'm a little curious about who's taking the video, and how crazy their driving must have been to keep up with this nimrod.

A motorcyclist judging by the gaps he went through. You see his arm at about 45 seconds, BiB uniform??

Yes. as noticed by Crossy, It was obviously a motorcycle cop with a camera, and that load on the truck was probably a distraction for a million pills concealed elsewhere in the truck............ The truck driver seeing that he is followed by a cop got 'very nervous'................... (with all those pills aboard)

We will probably hear more about this later............ and I feel sure that driver will be locked away for a long time...........