Using True to call UK mobile

Guys If I call UK landlines using the 00600 prefix it charges me 1 baht a minute (plus vat)

If I want to call mobile and am going to have to and its going to be a long call is there a code I can use to lower the costs ??  So True Move to UK mobile

Thanks

It might be possible to find a UK-based VoIP service provider with fixed-fee monthly packages.

And as already stated, you could get a Skype, LINE, or a number of other social-media associated phone calling subscriptions.

I have access to four US-based VoIP providers that I can use so long as I have an active Internet connection. Three of those are free (no charge for active service, no charge for calling within US). But I'm sure you could find a UK or EU-based VoIP provider for low-cost calling via Internet App.

No only if the receiving phone was roaming. English number within England

So if it's an English mobile no. and it's in England they don't get charged any more for taking the call than if it was another caller from next door in England ... Are you sure? Please confirm Thanks

Sent from my CUBOT_NOTE_S using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, thecolonel said:

So if it's an English mobile no. and it's in England they don't get charged any more for taking the call than if it was another caller from next door in England ... Are you sure? Please confirm Thanks

Sent from my CUBOT_NOTE_S using Tapatalk

Confirmed....I'm incurring the cost using Thai Sim.

Out of interest I just used in the end the 006 normal True Prefix that I normally use for landlines. To the mobile in uk it looks as if it was around 8 baht a minute from deducted balance

• 4 weeks later...

clearly skype and LINE  (VOIP) works in Thai so then does anyone know why BT Smarttalk wouldnt work for me there? there must be other BT customers besides myself who have tried this form Thailand, BT say it should work???

The cheapest rate might be via a calling card?

The cheapest rate I've seen for mobile/TH to mobile/UK is 0.62 baht/min, but you may have to pay for local access as well? Your plan would govern the local rate but this is often 1 baht/min.

http://www.easycard.in.th/index.php/en

Some other calling cards offer free local access and/or call back, but may have higher rates.

Some countries, like the U.K. have set rate termination fees, lower for fixed line, higher for mobile, which often affect the overall per min. cost, and there is not getting around those with 006, 00600, 008, 009 etc.

Some calling cards do get around this by transporting and terminating the call in country via VoIP.

00600 doesn't seems to be heavily promoted these days but I think the cost to a mobile in the U.K. might be ~ 3 baht/min?

I think CAT/009 is 6 baht to a fixed line, and 7 baht to a mobile.

I think True 006 is 5/7 baht/min fixed/mobile.

You have to add on 7% VAT.

There are literally a thousand threads on this subject so a search might reveal more/better options? 

hardly anyone uses mobile calls these days to be fair for international most use line messenger whats app etc etc last trip i used mobile just twice to ring mother on landline everything else via messenger calls

It's the UK Mobile Phone companies that set and charge the high tariffs to connect to their system in the UK so you won't find cheap rate to contact directly.

Skype, Line, etc is the cheap way to go but that does require both of you to have an internet data connection and a  smart phone. 

• 1 month later...

There are voip providers that you could register on a softphone and then use over 3 or 4g to call the uk at a cost of about 2.5 us cent a min to mobiles and you can even buy a UK number for between 1-5 dollars a month so people can call you back on a local number there are definitely other options to using the mobile providers here

1 hour ago, leechelsea said:

There are voip providers that you could register on a softphone and then use over 3 or 4g to call the uk at a cost of about 2.5 us cent a min to mobiles and you can even buy a UK number for between 1-5 dollars a month so people can call you back on a local number there are definitely other options to using the mobile providers here

A bit confusing throwing in US currency into a discussion involving strictly UK <> Thai calling options.