One killed, several injured when minivan driver loses control off Phuket

webfact

One killed, several injured when minivan driver loses control off Phuket

Eakkapop Thongtub

1490588165_1-org.jpg

It is not yet know if charges are to be brought against the driver of the minivan. Photo: Phang Nga Repoters Club

PHUKET: -- One person was killed and at least 10 more injured on Saturday afternoon when a minivan driver lost control of his vehicle causing him to collide with two other vehicles in Phang Nga province, north of Phuket.

The minivan driver has put the blame of the accident on weather conditions.

At 4pm on Saturday (Mar 25), Lt Col Sanae Aukot of Muang Phang Nga Police received information of an accident that had occurred on the Thap Put-Muang Phang Nga Rd in Phang Nga province.

Phang Nga City Police Chief Col Suwat Kaewprom, Capt Pairat Makephamorn, rescue teams, and a medical team from Phang Nga Hospital arrived at the scene found to find a Bangkok-registered Toyota minvan belonging to Pegas Touristik with its front badly damaged.

Nearby were a Phuket-registered Isuzu pickup truck with damage along its right side and a Phuket-registered Toyota Fortuner with damage to its left side.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/one-killed-several-injured-when-minivan-driver-loses-control-off-phuket-61553.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-03-27

They genuinely seem to believe that everything other than being in control of the vehicle and driving safe based on conditions is to blame for these accidents

it was the wet road

it was the weather

it was the rain

it was the alcohol

it was the ...................................

it was (deleted)ing you because you were driving like a lunatic in the poor conditions and now someone is dead because of your stupidity and dangerous driving

The authorities need to come down hard on these idiotic people

When if ever will one of these shirking morons step forward, and say in loud clear voice  'It was my fault, I was driving too fast on a wet road, I take full responsibility and accept the consequences, I am very sorry that I caused death and injury to those who entrusted their lives to me' ?

4 hours ago, balo said:

Why would anyone ride with a minivan , it's a death trap . RIP. 

I don't wanna defend the company but it's the (moron) driver behind the wheel and not the company causing the accident.

And unfortunately it's a mission impossible to find drivers who know and understand the word responsibility in this country

I don't wanna defend the company but it's the (moron) driver behind the wheel and not the company causing the accident.
And unfortunately it's a mission impossible to find drivers who know and understand the word responsibility in this country

Have a look at their schedules. No way the drivers can meet it without rushing, so no, the company bears responsibility as well.

sent using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Jeremy50 said:

When if ever will one of these shirking morons step forward, and say in loud clear voice  'It was my fault, I was driving too fast on a wet road, I take full responsibility and accept the consequences, I am very sorry that I caused death and injury to those who entrusted their lives to me' ?

They would die first

16 minutes ago, biplanebluey said:

YES----- you could explain what the hell you mean by Pegas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think he means that they normally drive  like bats out of hell....

hence the reason....he said that....

as I said earlier

Thais actually believe.................yes they believe that if the weather is bad and they have an accident it is not their fault..........remember when you were 5 years old and you did something wrong

I remember 16 years ago when I first came to Thailand one of the first things that I observed and commented on was the very childish attitude that Thai adults have to everything and  anything, it really is astounding, over the years after much thought I have realised that childish was actually wrong, you cannot describe a 50 year old adult as childish.... primitive is a much better description although  the two are very close and can be confused the end result is the same - delusional and infantile

From the west we expect grown ups to behave a certain way and that is a fundamental error when it comes to Thailand, out of all the SEA countries Thailand likes to think they are a cut above but in reality they actually cannot do anything for themselves, I have posted about this several times on TVF but I will end my rant with this....................................Thailand claims to be a hub of many things, they have been making cars and other stuff for years ........................ can anyone name me one car brand or smartphone that is actually a Thai brand, the truth of the matter is that Thailand relies completely 100% on foreigners for everything, through these last 40 years or so they should have developed into an industrial self  supporting nation like many of their neigbors  and yet the hub they believe they are is not a hub at all, they are just a big cheap factory for all of the developed SEA nations....they are the hub of cheap manufacturing for others

so why is this, because 50% of the income goes into pockets, they keep trying to fix it but keep failing because they are unable to put in place a solid foundation that would eradicate the ability to corrupt, all they actually have to do is copy a political model from outside Thailand and yet they refuse because ....................primitive ..............and yet everything they do here relies on outside of Thailand

When I took my driving test 52 years ago, the examiner asked me the question, "What is the principle cause of skidding?" " Ice?" says I. "No" "Wet road?" "No" says the examiner. "Hmmm......Oily road surface?" "No" I was running out of options. "Loose gravel on the carriageway?" I said hopefully. The examiner shook his head ruefully, saying " These are all factors, but they are not the cause, think again" I then had to dredge the deep recesses of my mind and try to recall what The Highway Code had to say on the subject. After a long pause, I suddenly understood what the examiner was getting at and stammered "Drivers not adjusting to road conditions?" A smile erupted on the examiner's face as he handed me my pink slip with "Pass" written on it. "Congratulations, I  knew you'd get there in the end !" I have never forgotten this in all my years of driving!