Possible Venues For Tv Piss-ups!

britmaveric

Well John 101 here I am, took me a day to register and yes I was a Lurker exept when you forgot to log out of the pub computer and every time I went to thai visa I was logged on, I could and should have had a great time!!!. Anyway about your subject, I would love to host your piss up as would many but firstly no more Bass Draught, they wont send any more as they are not geting the empties back!!!. I have parking for over 50 cars and seating for at least 40 inside and another 20 outside. The food worries me in that if you all ordered of the menu cookie would be after me with his chopper!!! but I could lay on a cold finger type buffet and do as I do with the offshore guys just charge cost for food, say about 150 Bt per head with a little Thai food if needed. I have free high speed internet in the bar and have allready approached Thai Visa Sales about advertising. Lastly yes I am next to the Valley of Death but you would never know, unless that is you fall out my back door as you would then fall In King Kongs!!.I am more than happy to meet the organiser and if all goes well and u like and use the place maybe offer a discount to all tv members.

Dont take the piss John!!!! . Bert

Methinks a recce could be in order :o

Count me in Rimmer....I'm sure dvk1951 would like to join a "fact finding mission" too :D

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been to Bert's last night with the wife for dinner.

Pleasant place, two thumbs up for a regular meeting point for meet and greet purpose. Do it twice a month on Friday nights, call it "TV meet and greet" and I'm sure it will be a success. Buffet @ 150 Baht is in order, TV members should be able to identify themselves with a badge or whatever...

Pleasant place, two thumbs up for a regular meeting point for meet and greet purpose. Do it twice a month on Friday nights, call it "TV meet and greet" and I'm sure it will be a success. Buffet @ 150 Baht is in order, TV members should be able to identify themselves with a badge or whatever...

Well,

It's Friday today, isn't it?

Anybody up for a recon?

Well,

Anybody up for a recon?

Sure! time?

Well,

Anybody up for a recon?

Sure! time?

Up 2 U....name the time

Well,

Anybody up for a recon?

Sure! time?

Up 2 U....name the time

7pm?

Well,

Anybody up for a recon?

Sure! time?

Up 2 U....name the time

7pm?

Raro says 9...you say 7....how about 8?

Well,

Anybody up for a recon?

Sure! time?

Up 2 U....name the time

7pm?

Raro says 9...you say 7....how about 8?

9 is fine, wife gets back from work just before then so will be both of us

Well John 101 here I am, took me a day to register and yes I was a Lurker exept when you forgot to log out of the pub computer and every time I went to thai visa I was logged on, I could and should have had a great time!!!. Anyway about your subject, I would love to host your piss up as would many but firstly no more Bass Draught, they wont send any more as they are not geting the empties back!!!. I have parking for over 50 cars and seating for at least 40 inside and another 20 outside. The food worries me in that if you all ordered of the menu cookie would be after me with his chopper!!! but I could lay on a cold finger type buffet and do as I do with the offshore guys just charge cost for food, say about 150 Bt per head with a little Thai food if needed. I have free high speed internet in the bar and have allready approached Thai Visa Sales about advertising. Lastly yes I am next to the Valley of Death but you would never know, unless that is you fall out my back door as you would then fall In King Kongs!!.I am more than happy to meet the organiser and if all goes well and u like and use the place maybe offer a discount to all tv members.

Dont take the piss John!!!! . Bert

mmmmmmmmmm I love Cold fingers :o

And it's pretty close to you know what :o

Even though the place is quite nice, I'd still won't feel fully relaxed with the wife in tow...

Then again, seeing the pissheads representing TV last weekend, she wisely decided to let me off to South Pattaya on my own :D

is it the norm to bring the hand bag to a TV piss up. ?

only a question, as i thought it would be a knees up for the lads. :D

Off Subject but is Dave Thailand the only one apart from me to have his actual photo as an avatar?

:o ..the mention of King Kong Bar seems to have brought out another cheeky monkey :D

Fall into the King Kong Bar from Berts??? :D Trying get my bearing - your off the road behind Soi 6. (the gauntlet free road??)

Off Subject but is Dave Thailand the only one apart from me to have his actual photo as an avatar?

Well, I do believe daleyboy, britmaveric and kurgen use their actual photos as their avatars as well.

At least, they all looked like their avatars the last time I saw them dancing together at Jenny's !! :o

Pissup checklist

I've got a few ideas I'd like to put forth for consideration to help choose a site for the next pissup. Please feel free to add anything I forgot. (Not listed in any order of significance)

1) Accessibility…Does the venue allow for easy access to and from by taxi, car, or motorbike with ample available parking?

2) Members…Is the management affiliated with TV as a member or a sponsor?

3) Facilities…Are there facilities large enough to host between 30 and 50 people for either a private party or to reserve a section of the establishment exclusively for the pissup with ample seating available?

4) Atmosphere… Is the music level at a point where it can still be heard in the background while still holding a conversation without having to shout?

5) Food and Beverages…Is there food available? If not, is the management amenable to catered food being brought in? Are there mixed drinks and draught beer as well as bottled beer available? If food is available, will the management consider a preferential price for a large buffet?

6) Incentives…If we can all agree on a "short list" of possible venues, which of them will offer TV the best deal? Keep in mind that 30 – 50 people being dropped in their lap for a night of entertainment is something many owners would covet, so when a short list is compiled, what kind of incentives will be offered in order to entice TV on it's final selection?

Once again, these are just a few ideas….I'm sure I missed some so please feel free to add anything

After our visit last night i would rate Torpical berts as a good place to have regular meets as well as TV Pissups, it scores well on all of buckwheats points, and is well ventilated, Music was great and not that loud you couldnt hold a conversation. The food was great, Drinks were at good prices.

With an easy to access location with ample parking and "extra" entertainment at easy access for those looking for more just out the back door.

Pissup checklist

I've got a few ideas I'd like to put forth for consideration to help choose a site for the next pissup. Please feel free to add anything I forgot. (Not listed in any order of significance)

1) Accessibility…Does the venue allow for easy access to and from by taxi, car, or motorbike with ample available parking?

2) Members…Is the management affiliated with TV as a member or a sponsor?

3) Facilities…Are there facilities large enough to host between 30 and 50 people for either a private party or to reserve a section of the establishment exclusively for the pissup with ample seating available?

4) Atmosphere… Is the music level at a point where it can still be heard in the background while still holding a conversation without having to shout?

5) Food and Beverages…Is there food available? If not, is the management amenable to catered food being brought in? Are there mixed drinks and draught beer as well as bottled beer available? If food is available, will the management consider a preferential price for a large buffet?

6) Incentives…If we can all agree on a "short list" of possible venues, which of them will offer TV the best deal? Keep in mind that 30 – 50 people being dropped in their lap for a night of entertainment is something many owners would covet, so when a short list is compiled, what kind of incentives will be offered in order to entice TV on it's final selection?

Once again, these are just a few ideas….I'm sure I missed some so please feel free to add anything

After our visit last night i would rate Torpical berts as a good place to have regular meets as well as TV Pissups, it scores well on all of buckwheats points, and is well ventilated, Music was great and not that loud you couldnt hold a conversation. The food was great, Drinks were at good prices.

With an easy to access location with ample parking and "extra" entertainment at easy access for those looking for more just out the back door.

Seconded! Buckwheat, bazmlb and myself had a pleasant evening at Bert's place and it is definatly suitable for the TV meet and greet.

1) Accessibility…excellent location, easy to find and ample parking space.

2) Members…Bert just became member and inquired for sponsorship BEFORE he knew that he is on the venue shortlist

3) Facilities… Place can host 30 to 50 people, Bert can arrange a buffet on request.

4) Atmosphere… Music level is perfect, loud enough to hear it without getting annoying. Easy to converse without screaming. Style: Oldies from the 60s. Nice place, pub style, nothing fancy.

5) Food and Beverages… Excellent British Pub food at reasonable prices, the regular Thai beers and Cider. As mentioned above, Bert would come up with a buffet.

6) Incentives…Over to you, Bert!

Only criticism is the aircon that was set to arctic levels...but turned down after I mentioned it to Bert.

:o

Wow raro,

you got internet in the car? Or does your wife fly to Bangkok :D

yep, been at Bert's place couple of time, not bad at all! It's just that my wife knows the reputation of that area pretty well, totally unjustified I might add :o

First of all, we introduced ourselves as NOT being affiliated with TV, other than being regular posters. We are just pissheads looking for a good reason to tip a beer.

1) Accessibility…excellent location, easy to find and ample parking space? About 200 meters or so past Tops towards Dolphin Circle on the left. Huge parking area in back.

2) Members…Is the management affiliated with TV as a member or a sponsor? Yes, Bert is a member.

3) Facilities…Are there facilities large enough to host between 30 and 50 people for either a private party or to reserve a section of the establishment exclusively for the pissup with ample seating available? Plenty of seats available inside as well as outside.

4) Atmosphere… Is the music level at a point where it can still be heard in the background while still holding a conversation without having to shout? Great selection of oldies set to a volume where you could hear it in the background and still maintain a conversation without shouting.

5) Food and Beverages…Is there food available? If not, is the management amenable to catered food being brought in? Are there mixed drinks and draught beer as well as bottled beer available? If food is available, will the management consider a preferential price for a large buffet? I didn't eat, but Raro and Baz both did and commented that the food was very good. Bert has no problem with bringing BBQ to a pissup and graciously offered the use of his oven to keep them heated.

Thats up to Bert and TV, but he's a nice guy and I'm sure there will be some type of arrangement made.

In closing, it was a good night out and an excellent place to visit. My biggest surprise of the night was how quiet the surrounding area is. Even standing outside I couldn't hear a thing (except Raro...and he was INSIDE).

I enjoyed it and I'll be going back whether the pissup is there or not. Good prices too!

We will be doing another recon.....this time at Jamisons next Friday at around 7pm and all members are invited to join in and assess the facilities

Many thanks for the comments gents, incentives eh!!!! well now hows about I stick with the food at cost for your piss ups and I will negotiate with the locals to ensure safe passage thru the Valley of Death and also this, I give all my regulars a 10% discount on food and drink, if you use this as your local I would of course welcome you and want you to call in whenever your near. If you can perhaps fix yourselfes up with some form of id card I will offer all tv members the same 10 % off food and drink whenever they call in, I will also ( if you want ) give you a page on my website for silly piss up pictures etc!!! u will also have use of the computer for any visa forms etc u may wish to download, thats about it really.

Cheers Bert