Piaggio Medley 150 scooter

BKKBike09

Any fellow TV biker own (or has owned) one of these? I'm debating whether to replace my 4-y-o PCX with one after a quick scoot around the car park in front of the Vespa/Piaggio dealer. Very comfy, nice handling thanks to 16" front wheel, ABS and discs front n back. It also has more room under the seat than the PCX (can fit a Shoei Neotec with plenty of room to spare. Negatives for me are that I think PCX looks better, is definitely a bit swifter off the mark, and allows for a feet forward ride. Plus the Piaggio is THB 125,000. But still quite tempted ...

http://www.piaggio.com/medley/en_EN/models/medley-s/medley-s-150/

They are actually great bikes. I tested the same Medley just week. The technology on these things are great. The new 4 valve engine is marvelous. Very nice delivery.

Piaggio always gets the top technology first and it will translate to the Vespa brand much later on. (Vespa still has the 3 valve engine)

Good thing is Vespa dealerships service them.

I own a Piaggio Beverly 300 and it's amazing. Ugly yes.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

The piaggio is just taxed to the hilt as an import, quality same as Yamaha/Honda, just a tax rip off.

If you have ever owned one you'd realize you're way off the mark.
The fit and finish is way beyond the Thai bikes and so is the technology of the engines.
Import duties hurt them but it's way more bike that a PCX or NMAX.
I'd definitely be buying another piaggio once the Beverly 350 arrives.

Clearly more money than sense, french crap will never touch Yamaha or Honda.

French?

Well it's made in Italy by an Italian company.

Want to make anymore wild statements you know nothing about?

16 hours ago, sebastion said:

French?

Well it's made in Italy by an Italian company.

Want to make anymore wild statements you know nothing about?

Even worse than utter tax rip off, a fool and his money are soon parted 55555

Even worse than utter tax rip off, a fool and his money are soon parted 55555

You know Nothing about the bike yet you still carry on.
Some people want the latest technology and exclusivity. Not some rehashed Honda engine that's 20 year old design and thin plastics.

If you can't afford it that's fine but don't comment on the bike because you know nothing about them.

It's a pity they removed the foot brake. 

That's on the old shifty 2 stroke vespas.

They just bought out the px series to Thailand. Last of the series. Euro 4 killed the 2 stroke so get one if you want some nostalgia because they don't build them anymore. 239k baht on road.

17 minutes ago, sebastion said:

That's on the old shifty 2 stroke vespas.

They just bought out the px series to Thailand. Last of the series. Euro 4 killed the 2 stroke so get one if you want some nostalgia because they don't build them anymore. 239k baht on road.

Yes, that was the older models. No issue with the motor just a pity they went to double hand brakes like on a bicycle. 239K baht? :shock1: Damn, they should release classic retro foot brake model with updated motor... $-)

11 hours ago, sebastion said:

You know Nothing about the bike yet you still carry on.
Some people want the latest technology and exclusivity. Not some rehashed Honda engine that's 20 year old design and thin plastics.

If you can't afford it that's fine but don't comment on the bike because you know nothing about them.

I know more in my little finger!!!!!!! all you are paying is a great big tax bill, Yamaha are head and shoulders above piaggio

Several posts removed, flamefest is over. You are entitled to your opinions BUT do not get personal.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.