Multi entry Non Imm B

I wonder if anyone knows the answer to this question for sure or maybe from experience. A Non Imm B with the school and paid for by the teacher. When the teacher leaves or is fired is this cancelled by the school or the Immigration? I have been told that because the visa was not acquired with the work permit that it can not be cancelled. Is this correct?

8 minutes ago, barcaman100 said:

Thanks. I thought if the visa was attached to the school by way of work contract the school could cancel it because they no longer worked there.

If you have a visa issued by an embassy or consulate it cannot be canceled.

Only an extension of stay issued by immigration can be canceled.

5 minutes ago, barcaman100 said:

So if the extension of stay is on the multi entry visa. That is because they never went to immigration to extend it to the 12 months. Can it be cancelled then?

The extension is for the 90 day permit to stay the visa allows. Getting an extension of an entry from a multiple entry visa would have no effect on the visa's validity.

37 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The extension is for the 90 day permit to stay the visa allows. Getting an extension of an entry from a multiple entry visa would have no effect on the visa's validity.

Little bit confused on that one. With a one year multi would Imm' issue an extension of stay for a year?

10 minutes ago, barcaman100 said:

One more question on this one. If the visa runs out in June but the employment was terminated this month. Can immigration cancel the visa because they no longer work at the school that the visa was granted for with the work contract

If you got the visa outside Thailand there is no reason I can think of for Imm' to cancel it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Little bit confused on that one. With a one year multi would Imm' issue an extension of stay for a year?

Of course immigration would issue an extension for any of the 90 day entries from a multiple entry visa. Why do you think they wouldn't.

2 minutes ago, barcaman100 said:

OK I have heard that the visa runs with the contract of employment and can be cancelled if the employment ends.

That applies to extensions not visas. Just to clarify did you start with a single entry B then change and do 90 day reports at Imm' or did the company do them?

Ah, just re-read the OP and it doesn't state that it is ME, if this is the case, then unless a re-entry permit was obtained, then any departure from Thailand between now and the visa expiry in June would cancel the visa if it was single entry only.

2 minutes ago, barcaman100 said:

OK I have heard that the visa runs with the contract of employment and can be cancelled if the employment ends.

That confusion is a result of people calling extensions of stay visas. Extensions are cancelled visas are not.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Of course immigration would issue an extension for any of the 90 day entries from a multiple entry visa. Why do you think they wouldn't.

Just to clarify Joe.?

Wasn't sure if they would cancel the multi when the extension was issued.

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I was just asking on the lines of conversion to extension of stay. At the moment I'm on my usual multi O and weekends away every 90 days etc. Now getting to the point, hip problems, where I really don't want to travel so much. If I go to Imm' and ask to convert to extension based on retirement will they convert to one year extension or only up to the enter by date on my multi O and will they cancel the visa when they issue the extension

?

7 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I was just asking on the lines of conversion to extension of stay. At the moment I'm on my usual multi O and weekends away every 90 days etc. Now getting to the point, hip problems, where I really don't want to travel so much. If I go to Imm' and ask to convert to extension based on retirement will they convert to one year extension or only up to the enter by date on my multi O and will they cancel the visa when they issue the extension

?

You would be applying for a one year extension of one of the 90 day entries from your visa. It is not a conversion of any kind.

Your visas enter before date means nothing once you are in the country that is only the last day you can use your visa for entry.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You would be extending one of the 90 day entries for one year at immigration.

Your visas enter before date means nothing once you are in the country that is only the last day you can use your visa for entry.

Ok thanks. Will probably go that way when I'm on my last 90 days entry.