Foreign House Buyer Affected By Baht Measure

other than pad thai and easy women, why would i want to move here?

December 20, 2006 : Last updated 07:43 pm (Thai local time)

space.gifspace.gif

space.gif

Foreign house buyer affected by baht measure

space.gif

Impacts of the Bank of Thailand's austere capital control measure spreads beyond the stock market, as an expatriate sees a problem in settling a house purchase deal scheduled Wednesday.

The expat who contacted The Nation but asked not to be named transferred 150,000 euro from a bank in Hong Kong to Kasikornbank Tuesday, without knowing of the measure.

He was shocked to know that 30 per cent of his money would be parked with Kasikornbank once he converted the foreign currency into Thai baht.

"Only if the central bank averts the policy, would I have enough money to sign the contract. If this policy remains, I would need 30 per cent more for the house that I have reserved," he said.

The Nation

[/b]

Edited by kokothemonkey

December 20, 2006 : Last updated 07:43 pm (Thai local time)

space.gifspace.gif

space.gif

Foreign house buyer affected by baht measure

space.gif

Impacts of the Bank of Thailand's austere capital control measure spreads beyond the stock market, as an expatriate sees a problem in settling a house purchase deal scheduled Wednesday.

The expat who contacted The Nation but asked not to be named transferred 150,000 euro from a bank in Hong Kong to Kasikornbank Tuesday, without knowing of the measure.

He was shocked to know that 30 per cent of his money would be parked with Kasikornbank once he converted the foreign currency into Thai baht.

"Only if the central bank averts the policy, would I have enough money to sign the contract. If this policy remains, I would need 30 per cent more for the house that I have reserved," he said.

The Nation

[/b]

Well, he could try and get a mortgage and pay it off if the economy collapses - bet he wouldn't be btiching then :o

With an attitude like that, why would Thailand want you?

The road to Cambodia is to your left. Have a good trip.

wrong question, why would i want thailand? lets see:

1) coup (sept 2006)

2) bird flu (ongoing)

3) flooding (oct/nov 2006)

4) earthquake (dec 2006 in chiang mai)

5) psunami (dec 2004)

6) bombings (daily basis in the south)

7) and now morons running the capital markets...aka $20+ billion wiped out in a day

8) did i miss anything?

i assume you like thailand beacuse you would rather be king among the idiots rather than average among the intelligent.

thailand is a great place for the dregs who cant cut it in the west.

Edited by kokothemonkey

if the guy transf the money he is an idiot. this is buddha himself telling him to think twice...

does anyone think that they wont lock the funds?

does anyone think that the mgr of x bank will release the funds when he has everything to gain by holding them including not getting a smack-down by thai govt-mafia?

THEN he has to contend with the new laws in affect regarding home owership - I.D.I.O.T.

As I said before, if you're so unhappy and hate it so much, the solution is very easy.

good luck

you minsuderstood, i am happy exploiting thailand, just not living here

kokothemonkey,,are you sure you are not apeman who run exploited teens of asia. :o

As I said before, if you're so unhappy and hate it so much, the solution is very easy.

good luck

kokothemonkey,,are you sure you are not apeman who run exploited teens of asia. :o

ole koko is having cheap shots from afar. He's a long way away from Thailand. Thank God.

good luck

ole koko is having cheap shots from afar. He's a long way away from Thailand. Thank God.

very true mr. patpong, very true, as i prefer to spend christmas in the first world rather than in a toilet, or the thirld world (aka, i do not like to eat where is sh**)

Edited by kokothemonkey