webfact

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Artisi said:

Split it 50/50 as they are reasonably similar in the  stupidity stakes. 

There has been no mention of torpedoes being included in the price. Sure thing these add-on extras will come at a high price. 

So like the aircraft carrier there might be the subs with no torpedoes. Which might be a good thing as it is easy to imagine them firing them willy-nilly around the Gulf and pity help any ship that happens to be sailing in their path.

Each Sub costs 1.8 Billion THB,    but "The total purchase would cost Bt36 billion "

not so friendly prices after all . Plus only now are we been told there USED.!

regards Worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie
add on

8 hours ago, webfact said:

that the submarine purchase would definitely be put in front of the Cabinet, though there was no timeline given. 

I can see this playing out in cabinet. "Can we have a show of hands please on this issue? Passed by a 99.9% yes vote including the one armed member's member at the back of the room" Bang goes the gavel. 

6 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Each Sub costs 1.8 Billion THB,    but "The total purchase would cost Bt36 billion "

regards Worgeordie

USED really. I have tried from time to time to sell something used in Thailand and no one is interested. The only used item in demand here seems to be us old farts with fat wallets. I guess China found a live one. I guess its the quality of item that dictates to always buy something new. In the west it was not a Saturday unless you went garage saleing I just loved it. 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday said that the Bt36-billion deal is a "friendly price". 

The last time I ran into that phrase was in France when a stranger wearing a long coat approached me and flipped the coat open. It was full of booster pockets filled with naughty postcards. 

42 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

There has been no mention of torpedoes being included in the price. Sure thing these add-on extras will come at a high price. 

So like the aircraft carrier there might be the subs with no torpedoes. Which might be a good thing as it is easy to imagine them firing them willy-nilly around the Gulf and pity help any ship that happens to be sailing in their path.

I think they should torpedo the whole deal buuut I doubt it. They seem to have a Trump mentality here as well cut all things essential and divert the money to building "the wall"

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The vessels each costs Bt1.8 billion but Thailand has been granted a "buy two get three" deal from China, with a weapons system and after-sales services. 

WOW these Chinese are great merchandisers. Wonder if it comes with a fully equipped kitchen and flat screen TV's. What was that saying by W.C. Fields again? Come on elgordo move on this topic is just like a large field of ripening watermelons you can just keep picking all day. 

Edited by elgordo38

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Unbelievably stupid purchase of these submarines, with absolutely no logic provided as to why they need them other than for their image.

This country is crying out for investment in projects way more useful than this utter stupidity.

I'm not a military guy... but I don't get your comment.  the military has some rather Not Too Unlikey Scenarios to plan and be ready for.... and some very powerful neighbors just on the other side of the Bay of Bengal.... India and Bangladesh.... who face off with the very powerful border armies of Pakistan and China.

and it's not at all hard to see that our neighbors are just as vulnerable to very big problems at the same time Thailand would be.... for the exact reason (which was 100% political) 1.5 degrees was put into the COP21 agreement, even though we on a likely trajectory to 3.0.... let alone 2 degrees which COP21 itself, as absurdly optimistic as it is.... it didn't mince words at all on the absolute need for negative emissions technology that will work to scale.  and so far we have not found it yet.

having optionality in dealing with what could very probably happen in just the next 10 years let alone further out... is not about image.  there could by tens of millions, if not hundreds of millions of people trying to find a way to survive that are not so very far away from the shores of, and one mountain ridge from (I'm ignoring Myanmar, right?), Thailand. and Thailand would be having to make it's own adjustments at the same time.

is this not so? 

Edited by maewang99

and if you don't know what I mean.... I suggest (for the 1.5 degree Nail Sticking Out very obviously more than a year ago now... as well as why that topic was not much of an issue at all in the USA presidential election)....

it can be found in Oliver Morton's The Planet Remade....

and yeah, forget the nonsense on the web. unless it's someone with credentials, is plugged in to the elites, is literate and you have a chance of hearing what is really going on.  not the nonsense for the "general population"... i.e. Bill Gates at Caltech student Q&A just a few months ago.

Edited by maewang99

57 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

If the total cost for 2 subs is 36 billion baht, with a 3rd sub thrown in as a deal closer, it makes sense that each sub (2) is 18 billion baht each x 2 =36billion. Not 1.8 billion as the story mistakenly says.

conning.png.cb008a0dc172be7d53c977c3ab9c1617.png

The conning has been done in the towers of Beijing and Bangkok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CITflXBCjE

I think the aircraft carrier was for Harrier Jump jets - now all obsolete and one is used for decoration at the Thai Navy Golf Course.

The only aircraft that could land on the carrier now  would be a helicopter or two.

The thought of a Somchai on a sub with the - "what does this valve/button do?" mentality beggars belief......

Sub marines should be pretty much obsolete soon as well - as they are now making underwater Drones - all future wars for the big boys (i.e. people who don't run around in rags or flip flops) 

will be done from an armchair with a joy stick .....

29 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

If the total cost for 2 subs is 36 billion baht, with a 3rd sub thrown in as a deal closer, it makes sense that each sub (2) is 18 billion baht each x 2 =36billion. Not 1.8 billion as the story mistakenly says.

conning.png.cb008a0dc172be7d53c977c3ab9c1617.png

The conning has been done in the towers of Beijing and Bangkok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CITflXBCjE

Or 1. 8 billion each with the difference between 3.6 and 36 considered 3rd party dispersements, but never to be thought of as  graft. 

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Or 1. 8 billion each with the difference between 3.6 and 36 considered 3rd party dispersements, but never to be thought of as  graft. 

I apologize, I just noticed my "cynical" gauge was turned off.:thumbsup:

The way I see it is that deals with the Big Brother to the north have been crap. Mainly because(IMO) they now they can. Present government  in Thailand, don't cowtow to the folks up north, You want to establish a modern rail system, try the Japanese. They just might give Thailand a quality product and not milk it. Subs? What more can be said that so many others haven't? Thailand needs many other things(previously written) that will bring many benefits to many folks in the future.

1 minute ago, walkoff said:

The way I see it is that deals with the Big Brother to the north have been crap. Mainly because(IMO) they now they can. Present government  in Thailand, don't cowtow to the folks up north, You want to establish a modern rail system, try the Japanese. They just might give Thailand a quality product and not milk it. Subs? What more can be said that so many others haven't? Thailand needs many other things(previously written) that will bring many benefits to many folks in the future.

"Present government  in Thailand, don't kow-tow to the folks up north,..."

I'm glad you cleared that up, thanks.

Just now, walkoff said:

I recon the Buffet Battle Navy have ordered from Subway by mistake

11 hours ago, webfact said:

The current junta revitalized the submarine plan, taking deals from six countries into consideration, and eventually chose China, which promised that services such as equipment, training and port building would be provided together with the purchase.

Making a deal with the devil & in the future the devil has you by the short hairs.

2 hours ago, maewang99 said:

and if you don't know what I mean.... I suggest (for the 1.5 degree Nail Sticking Out very obviously more than a year ago now... as well as why that topic was not much of an issue at all in the USA presidential election)....

and yeah, forget the nonsense on the web. unless it's someone with credentials, is plugged in to the elites, is literate and you have a chance of hearing what is really going on.  not the nonsense for the "general population"... i.e. Bill Gates at Caltech student Q&A just a few months ago.

Could you possibly translate your last 2 posts as I have absolutely no idea what on earth you are gibbering about. 

3 hours ago, maewang99 said:

???????????  Nail sticking out at 1.5 degree..................

???????????  an issue in the presidential election...............

???????????  is plugged in to the elites.............

???????????  have a chance of hearing what is really going on...............

Did you have a liquid lunch with too many 'cold ones'???????????

Well, after you sleep it off, can you come back here and re-phrase all of this.........?????????

The only people the Thai military have had to fight are their own people. Bunch of cowards who'd rather run if faced with any real threat from any other country. Doubt submarines would be of any use here. Better to use Lese Majeste and Defamation. Far more effective for this pathetic  pussy footing race.

The total purchase would cost Bt36 billion for three Yuan Class S26 T submarines. The vessels each costs Bt1.8 billion but Thailand has been granted a "buy two get three" deal from China, with a weapons system and after-sales services. 

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday said that the Bt36-billion deal is a "friendly price".