House visit or Work place

I have a quick question.  I am going to have a new extension based on my work as the new company insists that I do  ( Currently on extension based on Thai wife). 

1.  During the evaluation period where does the immigration send people to verify the genuineness of my application -to my new place of work or the home address ?

My work place  and house addresses are different . So just wanted to confirm where the immigration officials will show up. 

2.  What is the process for change of reason for extension ? Can I just show up at the immigration with all the new documents before the expiry of old extension ? 

Thanks 

Why do they want you get one based upon working? Better to stay on extension based upon marriage that would not be tied to your job.

1. It  will be the work place if you are applying for an extension based on working.

2.  That should be all you need to do.

• Like 1

Which immigration office are you applying for the extension at?

I agree with Joe, best to keep it based on marriage, much cleaner if you leave the job, however if you cannot then in my case, when I changed jobs, then for the first and the second (literally just completed today) extensions, CW immigration were happy with loads of photos of the work place, two with me at my desk, two with at least 4 Thai co-workers, two with one of the Thai directors, two by reception with the company name in site and several outside showing the building complete with the building name (which at CRC tower isn't easy!).

At no point did they actually come to the office and check, that is not to say they won't, but if you provide enough photographic evidence then this might dissuade them, I'd imagine physically visiting every applicants work place would be time consuming to say the least, especially in Bangkok!

I doubt very much if immigration will bother actually visiting you anywhere.

I have had one visit from the labour Department at my work place in 23 years just to check that I in fact did work there

I had my own office & the visit lasted 4 minutes