Samui to be a Songkran ‘Paradise’

snoop1130

Samui to be a Songkran ‘Paradise’

641acf44183f429baf6979bf3d5daf1b-sld.jpeg

Some of the big names in electronic music will be performing at the Paradise Island Festival being presented by London-based Soundcrash on Koh Samui on April 15 and 16.

The music and arts festival right on Chaweng Noi Beach coincides with the Songkran New Year celebrations, so there’ll be plenty of splashing going on amid the music of top bands and DJs from around the world.

In the line-up are hip-hop royalty the Pharcyde, drum-and-bass pioneers Goldie and LTJ Bukem, Krafty Kuts, Maribou State, DJ Kentaro and many more artists from home and abroad. 

Drawing on a wealth of experience that includes the award-winning Soundwave Festival, now in its ninth year, the team will be staging all sorts of activities, from boat parties to classes in yoga, tai chi and Thai cookery.

The eco-conscious Paradise Island Festival provides a great alternative to the full-moon parties popular among the islands, with its added focus on art and responsible tourism that involves working closely with the local community on projects such as reforestation. 

The festival on Chaweng Noi Beach will run from noon to 2am on April 15 and 16. Admission costs Bt2,800. 

Get more details and tickets at www.ParadiseIslandFestival.com.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/life/music/30310653

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-3-29

How sad is that ?.... 2,800 Bht to watch a guy play some CD's. In the old days you would get to see the band on a stage with a performance that was a one off  for that crowd on that night - never to be repeated.

Thank god I live on the West of the island... it will be chaos as there is virtually no parking at Chaweng Noi beach.

2 hours ago, Tidybeard said:

How sad is that ?.... 2,800 Bht to watch a guy play some CD's. In the old days you would get to see the band on a stage with a performance that was a one off  for that crowd on that night - never to be repeated.

Thank god I live on the West of the island... it will be chaos as there is virtually no parking at Chaweng Noi beach.

Not quite how it works fella but each to their own :)

Actually big parking on right before hill to Chaweng viewpoint.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 30/03/2017 at 0:58 AM, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I thought that this year's Songkran celebrations were to be somewhat restrained out of respect for the late King Bhumibol.

Samui seems to be an exception. With admission charges at 2,800 baht it is no surprise that money overrides respect.

No Samui will not be an exception... no the mayhem and stupidity will proceed throughout the kingdom as usual...:sad:

La Tomatina, Spain.

Cheese Rolling, U.K.

Pamplona Bull Run, Spain.

Just a couple of the top of my head... 

Songkran is another, not stupidity but tradition (all traditions get warped with time)..

The world would be a boring place without traditional "mayhem & stupidity" or if it was run by a bunch of TVF members :)

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

La Tomatina, Spain.

Cheese Rolling, U.K.

Pamplona Bull Run, Spain.

Just a couple of the top of my head... 

Songkran is another, not stupidity but tradition (all traditions get warped with time)..

The world would be a boring place without traditional "mayhem & stupidity" or if it was run by a bunch of TVF members :)

Well Cheese Rolling happens in one place in the UK on one day of the year, and no one is going to lob a cheese at you when you walk out doors.