Any new requirements to process a marriage extension in 2017

I'll be headed to Immigration to apply for my annual extension based on marriage in the next couple of weeks.

Thailand-wide, are there any obvious difference in the processes, procedures, or paperwork in 2017 that differ from those in 2016.  I just need to update my yearly checklist if anything has changed this year.  Any updates would be appreciated!  :smile:

I/we always stop by Immigration about 1 month in advance to see if anything new, pick up paperwork, checklist, etc.  They said no.  Filed everything last week, nothing different from my view.

One guy posted a thread a few days ago about a change in procedure with bank letters and balances when part of the account is partitioned for credit card guarantee.  Not sure if any of that is relevant to you. 

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/975093-bangkok-bank-caution-about-visa-letter-things-have-changed/

• 2 weeks later...

I went down to Jomtien immigration on the 8th of this month to renew my 1 year marriage extension, but was told to return on the 18th to get the passport stamped. Being that the 18th is the day after songkran I can only imagine what the queues will be like, so would it be possible to go a few days later when the office will be a little quieter?

21 minutes ago, vogie said:

I went down to Jomtien immigration on the 8th of this month to renew my 1 year marriage extension, but was told to return on the 18th to get the passport stamped. Being that the 18th is the day after songkran I can only imagine what the queues will be like, so would it be possible to go a few days later when the office will be a little quieter?

Only 10 days to go back for your extension stamp or do you mean March 8th. The 8th of this month was a last Saturday.

If you  have a under consideration stamp that has the18th on it you could go the day after without a problem.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Only 10 days to go back for your extension stamp or do you mean March 8th. The 8th of this month was a last Saturday.

If you  have a under consideration stamp that has the18th on it you could go the day after without a problem.

Sorry Joe, it was the 7th April, shudda been the 5th, but they had electrical rewiring works, the 6th was a holiday.

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Sorry Joe, it was the 7th April, shudda been the 5th, but they had electrical rewiring works, the 6th was a holiday.

The normal wait for approval of your extension is 30 days. Do you have a under consideration stamp?

Or were they telling you to come back on the 18th to get the under consideration stamp.

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The normal wait for approval of your extension is 30 days. Do you have a under consideration stamp?

Or were they telling you to come back on the 18th to get the under consideration stamp.

I have the under consideration stamp. Sorry the date is the 14th of March, I got my 90 day report on the 7th, doh.

20170412_084503.jpg

Edited by vogie

8 minutes ago, vogie said:

I have the under consideration stamp. Sorry the date is the 14th of March, I got my 90 day report on the 7th, doh.

You could go on the 19th to find out if the approval has been done.

The under consideration stamp allows you to stay until the application is approved.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2017 at 10:26 AM, keeniau96 said:

In Phuket the annual extension application now requires a photo of you alongside house number. New for several months now, never before in 14+ years.

At Changwattana also req'd photos of sitting together on the bed in the main bedroom and together on the sofa in the living room. Next year maybe sitting on the loo!

• Like 1

Well in Pathumthani office for last 3 years when renew my marriage visa  they come to my house to check me, with 2 neighbours data and pictures together, (i think this is for who don't have children and depends of the head of province imm office) and write again a lot of data and question how long time live there. (i am more then 10 years) . Very boring procedure bcz i have to manage 2 neighbours  to be home with their id card and house registration.

And there have something that have to share also, when went to imm. office to apply for renew marriage visa on the counter the girl who give the numbers and check the papers, told my wife that we have to give her 1000 bath about the officer who will come to my house, my wife said okay but ask her,  "can u give us receive for this money"?  ( i saw some foreigner with his wife before us give her 1000 bath , maybe for the same reason) And after this question from my wife she not ask any more for this 1000 bath, and we didn't give her. And after 2 imm. officers came home they didn't ask about this money, so for me seem like "bribe" for holiday maybe to get some beer :-))

So if somebody have the same "bribe"  fee let me know.

• 8 months later...

Just a note on the 1000 baht "fee". Was asked for it by the girl at the counter last year. I said that there was no such fee and she quickly said that it wasn't necessary. That being said, after the refusal she got awfully picky with my application paperwork and copies. I will be doing my extension in the next week and will see if the fee is requested again. 

When Immigration officers visited my home last year they said if we had Thai children they would not come verify again but would annually until such time. 

Pathum Thani seems to require a number of forms that Chaeng Wattana never did during my first few renewals. Forms relating to how we met and what would I do if I no longer had money in my bank account. I'm not sure if these were added at all locations or are different between offices.