Sell condo tax rate ? Anything else to pay ? Still accurate ?

Hi used this 

http://www.acuterealty.com/calculator.asp  

About 6 weeks ago and then went to the land transfer office in Pattaya to do the transfer, it was spot on well was out by about 300 baht.. so for me yes it is working perfectly. Just make sure the information you enter is %100 correct regarding things like previous owners name in the registration book for more or less than 5 years, as It will make a very large difference to the amount of tax that is needed to be paid..

Cheers 

• 1 month later...

Good info.  I have a couple of Q's.  My father-in-law bought a piece of land in Chiang Mai about 12 years ago, he gifted the property to my wife 3 years later.   He subsequently passed away.  My wife then gifted the land to her mother on 12/11/12  when it looked like she was going to get foreign citizenship.  Land office value about 1,000,000 baht, sale price is going to be 50,000,000 baht, sold in Mom's name. 

Questions:

1. Will the land office use the ownership date of original purchase since gifted within the family or the 12/11/12 date gifted to mom (which will be less than 5 years).

2. Is this calculator still accurate as of 5/9/17?  http://www.acuterealty.com/calculator.asp ?  If accurate, if we don't push the sale date past 12/11/17, she could owe about 1,600,000 baht in fees/tax withholding (not counting realtor fees) vs about 300,000 if can use Dad's original purchase date.

3. I believe the new gift tax law limits gift to child/grandchild/to 20,000,000 each person in a calendar year or else gift tax on the excess paid by the person receiving the gift, correct?

If there is another section of the real estate forum I should be at, please let me know.

Thank you for your time reading this.

Archived