One dead after "Nigerian breakout attempt" at Cambodian immigration

webfact

One dead after "Nigerian breakout attempt" at Cambodian immigration

PHNOM PENH: -- Reports are coming in - as yet unconfirmed - of a riot at an immigration holding facility in Phnom Penh, Cambodia yesterday evening.

Thaivisa has been told by a man resident in the Cambodian capital that a Dutch friend being held at the facility said ten Nigerians had attempted an escape yesterday evening.

One man was killed and may be one of the Nigerians, it was suggested.

The Nigerians have since been taken to Prey Sar prison, said the source.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-31

These Nigerians are a plague (literally in Cambodia), in SE Asia and elsewhere, spreading their corruption, vice and disease.

Ever wonder where HIV came to Cambodia? From Nigerians as UN Peacekeepers (UNTAC)!

The Nigeria Army  sent a whole Regiment over back in the 1990s specifically chosen from their ranks with HIV, so the UN would picked up their medical costs (anti-virals were new and expensive back then).

Then they f***ed everything they could catch without protection.

I hope the Cambodians remember and act accordingly.

A post with a racial slur has been removed along with replies to it.

The above post is ludicrously false. As one who was there, in Cambodia, during the UNTAC era,  I can assure you that the while the spread of the virus in Cambodia was indeed expedited/speed up by UNTAC soldiers it was in no way the doing of any one particular national group.  HIV at that point was rife in Thailand and UNTAC soldiers went across the border regularly, visited brothels in Aranyaprathet and went back to Cambodia. They were given no information about the prevalence of HIV in  Thailand, no talks on safe sex. They all received substantial cash per diems and were located throughout the countryside at a time when the Cambodian countryside was devastatingly poor. The predictable happened, and prostitution which had hitherto been largely unknown in rural areas popped up everywhere - demand and supply. NGOS who tried to raise concerns with UNTAC adminiutartors were brushed off with "boys will be boys".

Not only did this greatly accelerate the hIV epidemic in Cambodia but it will have infected countless UNTAC soldiers. Their story has never been told or followed up.

Neither Nigeria nor any other country intentionally sent HIV infected soldiers. And back then, there was no ART anywhere. HIV was a death sentence, full stop. 

3 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

He wasn,t really trying to break out. He was just trying to get to a bank to telegraph me $28,000,000 he had promised me :( 

The rotten scoundrel as he promised me that same money too. (Wanna go halves?) 

3 hours ago, Cracker2000 said:

These Nigerians are a plague (literally in Cambodia), in SE Asia and elsewhere, spreading their corruption, vice and disease.

Ever wonder where HIV came to Cambodia? From Nigerians as UN Peacekeepers (UNTAC)!

The Nigeria Army  sent a whole Regiment over back in the 1990s specifically chosen from their ranks with HIV, so the UN would picked up their medical costs (anti-virals were new and expensive back then).

Then they f***ed everything they could catch without protection.

I hope the Cambodians remember and act accordingly.

Weird, I was there from 95-98 and only saw about half dozen African  UN workers, and they were drivers, but hey, they could have been hiding in plain sight.  Saw more Russians than Africans.

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

The above post is ludicrously false. As one who was there, in Cambodia, during the UNTAC era,  I can assure you that the while the spread of the virus in Cambodia was indeed expedited/speed up by UNTAC soldiers it was in no way the doing of any one particular national group.  HIV at that point was rife in Thailand and UNTAC soldiers went across the border regularly, visited brothels in Aranyaprathet and went back to Cambodia. They were given no information about the prevalence of HIV in  Thailand, no talks on safe sex. They all received substantial cash per diems and were located throughout the countryside at a time when the Cambodian countryside was devastatingly poor. The predictable happened, and prostitution which had hitherto been largely unknown in rural areas popped up everywhere - demand and supply. NGOS who tried to raise concerns with UNTAC adminiutartors were brushed off with "boys will be boys".

Not only did this greatly accelerate the hIV epidemic in Cambodia but it will have infected countless UNTAC soldiers. Their story has never been told or followed up.

Neither Nigeria nor any other country intentionally sent HIV infected soldiers. And back then, there was no ART anywhere. HIV was a death sentence, full stop. 

I concur. I was working in the refugee camps along the Thai border at the time when the Khmer Rouge were still a force. Never even saw a Nigerian etc in all that time.

Easy to look for scapegoats but no facts at all to support the claim about Aids. Like Thailand most likely spread by itinerant locals unaware of the dangers of unprotected sex.

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I believe the banned poster wished to say Niger. in a rice paddy, a commonplace abbreviation and not a racial slur. Cut it out with the political cor-rectitude already!

Edited by facthailand

I really don't think anyone in Thailand gives a damn about Nigerians, I certainly do not, the only Nigerians who are ever in the news are scam artists, had a few dealings with them myself, it was great fun for me stringing them along on a dating web site, there African useage of English language gave them away, plus one guy had his photo on the web site who was actually a US  government spoke person. Who I knew.

Just now, ableguy said:

I really don't think anyone in Thailand gives a damn about Nigerians, I certainly do not, the only Nigerians who are ever in the news are scam artists, had a few dealings with them myself, it was great fun for me stringing them along on a dating web site, there African useage of English language gave them away, plus one guy had his photo on the web site who was actually a US  government spoke person. Who I knew.

I should add they were posing as a female.