Bringing deceased's ashes to Thailand

rott

Being brought from the UK. Do these have to be cleared in advance or can you just turn up at Heathrow and presumably declare them there. Is this a complex or simple matter, anybody know?

No need to declare but the cremated remains must be in a container that can pass normal security xray scans. So a metal container is not suitable.

Of course it would pay to have some documentation (e.g. copy of death certificate) in case of issues with security.

I believe that either hand carry or checked luggage is acceptable.

12 hours ago, pieeyed said:

I just brought my mothers ashes from Canada to Thailand. Did not report anything and was not asked anything. I did have a Funeral Directors Statement of Death and a Certificate of Cremation.

Ditto from Australia.

I don't mean to be disrespectful & realize I'll get flamed for this, BUT, why would anyone want to take the ashes of a deceased anywhere ? Surely the fond, loving memories of past loved ones is all you need.

But hey, just my opinion.

1 hour ago, malt25 said:

I don't mean to be disrespectful & realize I'll get flamed for this, BUT, why would anyone want to take the ashes of a deceased anywhere ? Surely the fond, loving memories of past loved ones is all you need.

But hey, just my opinion.

They are from a long term English resident of Thailand who died in the UK and they are being brought over for his daughter here.

Long story.

Thanks for all the responses and help and advice offered. No need for any more.

I brought my mothers ashes back to Thailand with me because she always wanted to come visit me here, but because of health reasons could never make the trip. So I brought her over here and will spread her ashes in the ocean and she can travel where ever the currents take her. I know she would like that.