Welcome to Thailand: Thai man threatens Western woman with baseball bat [video]

rooster59

Welcome to Thailand: Thai man threatens Western woman with baseball bat [video]

A Thai man was caught on camera threatening a western tourist with a baseball bat.

Footage of the incident was shared to the YouLike Facebook page with a caption which read “welcome to Thailand”.

In the footage the western woman can be seen approaching the man as he pulls what looks like a baseball bat out of the back of his white car.

The footage also shows a western man, presumably the partner of the woman, who can be seen sitting on a motorbike while the incident takes place.

It is not known where the incident happened but people commenting on Facebook thought it took place in Pattaya.

The footage was uploaded to Facebook on March 30. It is not known if police are investigating the incident.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-01

/Edit: new link to video below.

Edited by Jai Dee
New link added

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would do the same dam thing  ( and have) if someone started filming me.

one case in point where the film does NOT show the whole story!!!

notice at the end where the thai girls films the stupid interfering tourists lady riding away!!

One suspects one side or the other got honked for poor driving. I can only guess which way round.

Our Thai friend lacking negotiation skills resorted to the only thing he understands, violence or the threat of it.

Poor driving and violence. Sums up Thai roads pretty well.

4 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

notice at the end where the thai girls films the stupid interfering tourists lady riding away!!

sure you would! and if a Thai policeman ever saw you . you would be toast! hope to see your ass in the slammer soon.

40 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

If you had even half a brain, you would have heard a thai lady say somewhere in the background "Look at this guy - he nearly knocks them off their bike with his bad driving then comes threatening them like a hard man, whew thais!"

Think before you type, caveman.

49 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

Even for an apologist, that view of this event is crass. 

Or maybe....  Lady approaches man and politely asks "Excuse me sir, do you know where I can buy a baseball bat in Pattaya?". 

Man replies: "Well miss I just happen to have one myself that I am happy to sell you.  Hardly used and you can easily wash the blood stains off".

Lady: "Thank you for the offer sir but I was really looking for a new one"

Man: "No problem miss, you have a nice day!"

1 hour ago, phuketrichard said:

Yes I'm sure you would. Similar level of inteligence. D.A.M.N.     

2 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

Is there a subsection for dumbest comments of the year?

2 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

So you are as brave as the guy in the video?  If you would do that because someone filmed you, what would you do if they were verbally rude to you..........fetch your machine gun?

26 minutes ago, cheechee said:

need context here.  what happened?

All you need to know is that a Thai male threatened a lady with a baseball bat.  She was holding a camera....not a gun!     No mitigating circumstances, however hard you try.  According to the sound track, the moron had cut the lady and her husband's motor cycle up with his car up  with bad driving, which no doubt he thought was perfectly acceptable.

13 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

All you need to know is that a Thai male threatened a lady with a baseball bat.  She was holding a camera....not a gun!     No mitigating circumstances, however hard you try.  According to the sound track, the moron had cut the lady and her husband's motor cycle up with his car up  with bad driving, which no doubt he thought was perfectly acceptable.

Absolutely. There's no excuse in the world to be threatening a lady with a baseball bat. 

But I'm sure the apologists will accept the old "well, she made him lose face".