weather radar website

fruitman

http://weather.tmd.go.th/bma_nck.php

Is working fine for me, updates every 10-15 minutes or so.

Can even see the storm that just rained all over our freshly placed concrete :sad:

EDIT On a positive note the rain did mean I could erase the suspicious chicken and dog prints in the concrete, Wifey is currently removing the concrete dog prints from the kitchen tiles.

Yes it's working well now..i can see the storms. Good to know if i can go out on the motocy or not.

Crossy you'll get extra hard concrete from that, no ploblem...if it turns blue it's superhard (even jackhammers have big problems with that).

I could have moved the tree under the roof but i don't care that much..they have soo many blossoms i can easy loose a load of them and still get plenty cherries. But i only need a few cherries to taste them, so i know the tree's are worth planting in full soil or not. They bloom several times a year.

You have a real thai concrete floor now, it needs to have footprints of dogs/cats. Ohh and of course you need cracks in it as well.

We didn't have that much rain, only 10 minutes or so but more than enough to get soaking wet.

I just adviced my wife to go running on her new shoes and 1 minute later the rain poured down haha..now she won't believe me anymore with my stupid websites.

The TMD radar website normally works but average update time has increased from 5 minutes to often be over 10 minutes for last few months (for Bangkok radars) and the Bangkok radars are sometimes not even working (for days sometimes).  Not real time accurate but better than nothing and as good as it gets here.  

Be aware some radars are in local Thai time but others will be in GMT so 7 hours old is actually current condition.  

Edited by lopburi3

9 minutes ago, fruitman said:

That windy.tv website also is no good....it shows no clouds at all at our location while it's raining cats and dogs.

TMD works much better, if it works that is.

You mean you find that one easier to use ?

There are 6 cloud settings, I respectfully suggest its not the website its the operator.

11 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

You mean you find that one easier to use ?

There are 6 cloud settings, I respectfully suggest its not the website its the operator.

Make that "operator" plural - I also find it useless for showing current storms - TMD radars are actual radar images with good indications of current rainfall - and yes I also tried the 'rain/snow' display which appears to be only an indication of previous rainfall.

That is not in agreement in my view - there is no rain in Bangkok currently (the sun is shinning in Latpaho) and TMD clearly shows storm has moved North of city - do not see that on other site at all.  

47 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

This storm Lop?

Capture_49.JPG

Nowhere near that storm - that is on the Korate Plateau  and a huge distance from Bangkok - good view of it on Takhli rain radar - that is another issue - very hard to judge locations.  The one directly above Bangkok was never shown and is now starting to fall apart.

Edited by lopburi3