Foreigner stabs Thai woman with "luuk chin" stick then jumps to his death in Hua Hin

webfact

Foreigner stabs Thai woman with "luuk chin" stick then jumps to his death in Hua Hin

1pm1.jpg

Picture: Facebook Talay Hua Hin

HUA HIN: -- Reports have come in that a foreigner has jumped to his death after he stabbed a Thai woman and was subsequently chased by police.

The drama happened Sunday after the woman was stabbed with a stick used for food at a location in Hua Hin Soi 41.

Local reporter Kulsawek Sawekwannakorn reported on Facebook that following the stabbing the foreigner fled in his Fortuner car and a chase ensued.

The chase ended up at a hotel where the foreigner ran to the flat roof. Police attempted to talk him round while officials from the local authority positioned an air bag on the ground.

As police failed to calm the situation a friend of the same nationality was brought who spoke to him for all of two hours on the roof, reported Kulsawek.

However, this too was unsuccessful and the man jumped. Medics from Sawang Hua Hin ferried him to hospital but he was pronounced dead.

A picture on Facebook posted earlier claimed to show the man near his car looking agitated.

More details as we hear of them.

Source: Facebook Talay Hua Hin

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-03

Belgian businessman jumps to death from Hua Hin hotel
By The Nation

HUA HIN: -- A Belgian real estate developer jumped to his death from the roof of a seven-storey hotel in Hua Hin on Saturday night, police said. 

The man died despite authorities placing a large airbag on the ground as police attempted to negotiate with him. When he jumped from the roof of the Hisea Huahin Hotel he missed the airbag by about three metres.

He died later in Hua Hin Hospital. 

Police were alerted at 8.30pm that the man appeared suicidal on the rooftop of the hotel. Tourist police and Hua Hin police rushed to the scene and tried to negotiate with the man to step back from the edge of the roof. 

Police said the man had an argument with a woman who owned an accountancy firm on Soi Hua Hin 41. Police said he apparently had stabbed her with a bamboo stick, slightly injuring her, after the company refused to return his passport. 

Police said the man had been involved in a real estate and a restaurant in Hua Hin for about a year.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30311121

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-03

What right does the firm have to seize a passport, it belongs to the issuing government   people need thier passports and if you are caught without it you get arrested.  Tired of people in Thailand who think they have the power to sieze passports and hold people to ransom.  The woman didnt deserve to be stabbed tho.

12 minutes ago, Thechook said:

What right does the firm have to seize a passport, it belongs to the issuing government   people need thier passports and if you are caught without it you get arrested.  Tired of people in Thailand who think they have the power to sieze passports and hold people to ransom.  The woman didnt deserve to be stabbed tho.

Who said the Thai lady had seized his passport? Maybe he had given her his passport willingly as some sort of contractual surety or she was assisting with his immigration procedures. There's many Thai-owned accountancy businesses that do other business and immigration related procedures on behalf of foreigners. Maybe he hadn't paid for whatever service she had done on his behalf. Either way, she didn't force him to give her his passport and even if a Thai was to ask for it, with the probable exception of a court order, it is up to the foreigner to SURRENDER it rather than anyone seize it.

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

The guy is a business man he should know that u don't leave ur passport with anyone. Obviously he owed a lot of money to someone.

Another dodgy farang so called real estate developer over here.

No sympathy from me.

Next.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

More details as we hear of them.

According to the Bangkok Post, he also bought a house costing several million baht, but had a problem with the transfer of ownership to his name.

Lady with Luk Chin brooch may have some explaining to do. :coffee1:

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

I don't understand why people hand over their passports in the first place. I carry my own photocopies.

I will show the original but won't let it out of my hands.

If that's not sufficient I go somewhere else.

Edited by Grumbles

57 minutes ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

The guy is a business man he should know that u don't leave ur passport with anyone. Obviously he owed a lot of money to someone.

No sympathy from me.

Next.

How is it obvious he owed a lot of money? And how do you know he was dodgey? Loads of speculation on your part, while we are at it i speculate you must of previously got burned by a farang real estate developer. Why else would you post such an insensitive spiteful post?

Clearly this guy had some serious issues.

The passport retention is, apparently, what put him over the edge.

There are ways of dealing with that without stabbing somebody and jumping off a roof.

As was mentioned earlier, thebpolice seem to have done everything they could deserve recognition of that.

The only good thing I can think of is he was using a bamboo stick and not a gun so this didn't end up as the typical murder/suicide.

1 hour ago, udomsook said:

Shocked to say it sounds like the police did a good job here. 

Followed the attacker, tried to talk him down, had a friend try to talk him down, set up a crash mat.  

It's because the police has a monopoly on arranged suicides that they need to protect

Not reported....The guy tried to drive his car through the metal shutters of the accountant's office......Live in the same soi, so I saw the damage first hand....

Without knowing the background here....this is not the first time this "accountant/lawyer" has been involved in dodgy dealings...but of

course she walks free every time.....1) she is Thai....2) she is well connected....

Sad that a guy with serious issues should end up in her office....As for the "stabbing"...I spoke to the lady yesterday (commented on her broken metal shutter)...no signs of any stab wounds....Just another case of blaming the alien, so the illegal retention of his passport will be ignored...

2 hours ago, udomsook said:

Shocked to say it sounds like the police did a good job here. 

Followed the attacker, tried to talk him down, had a friend try to talk him down, set up a crash mat.  

Lol.... the guys dead, right?

I think your overly generous as it's maybe not such a good result, at days end

but... points for effort... maybe with more practice they might get it right.

1 hour ago, JOC said:

Not reported....The guy tried to drive his car through the metal shutters of the accountant's office......Live in the same soi, so I saw the damage first hand....

Without knowing the background here....this is not the first time this "accountant/lawyer" has been involved in dodgy dealings...but of

course she walks free every time.....1) she is Thai....2) she is well connected....

Sad that a guy with serious issues should end up in her office....As for the "stabbing"...I spoke to the lady yesterday (commented on her broken metal shutter)...no signs of any stab wounds....Just another case of blaming the alien, so the illegal retention of his passport will be ignored...

Thanks for the background. Didn't see any sign of action last night. We ate at Heidi's in town  and traffic was unusually heavy in the vicinity of 41 so that probably explains it. 

3 hours ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

No sympathy from me.

Next.

Perhaps or maybe he got swindled , we will never know , either way its a sad ending.

"the man had been involved in a real estate and a restaurant in Hua Hin for about a year."

Ah, that explains it.

Another Farang who either doesn't understand foreigners can't buy land and can't own land therefore you're only renting the land your home or condo sits on.  

If renting is so bad, then why are you doing it? ?

3 hours ago, Jim walker said:

No sympathy for any man who lifts his hand to a woman let alone one who stabs a woman or a child. No RIP from me.

And you came to Thailand for?

You know... treating women as sex objects, lower class or whatever is just as demeaning as a slap... Not saying you do that... just saying

4 hours ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

No sympathy from me.

Next.

So glad you have all the facts before police. No need to wait for anymore info then. Sooo Upto Me says case closed

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Who said the Thai lady had seized his passport? Maybe he had given her his passport willingly as some sort of contractual surety or she was assisting with his immigration procedures. There's many Thai-owned accountancy businesses that do other business and immigration related procedures on behalf of foreigners. Maybe he hadn't paid for whatever service she had done on his behalf. Either way, she didn't force him to give her his passport and even if a Thai was to ask for it, with the probable exception of a court order, it is up to the foreigner to SURRENDER it rather than anyone seize it.

you seem to be a witness..............tell us more......very interesting ..........(big yawn)