Mandatory seatbelts or seats?

22 minutes ago, krobert6 said:

I suppose life is cheaper up here

I would say less enforcement,  l see some carrying people in the back of bigger vehicles but in-caged all around but mostly pick-ups with made up benches seated in rows at back.

everything you buy in the shops comes by road and most of it relies on cheap - often immigrant labour..........if you insist on safe vehicles and work practices the producers will put up their prices......so will you accept an increase in CoL to stop the exploitation of the low-paid?

56 minutes ago, Notadoctor said:

everything you buy in the shops comes by road and most of it relies on cheap - often immigrant labour..........if you insist on safe vehicles and work practices the producers will put up their prices......so will you accept an increase in CoL to stop the exploitation of the low-paid?

Yes, that's part of the deal as the country modernizes - human rights, safety consciousness and egalitarianism slowly increase, and they come at a price for those who are more than able to pay. If I live to about 150, I expect to be pleased with the results.

The first time I came to Thailand it was 2002. I traveled in a van from Don Meuang to the city. The first thing I noticed was the pickups full of people going to work. I thought I might like it here? The first time I ever went to work was in the back of an eleven ton steel bodied tipper. The job was at a quarry that was supplying aggregate for the extension of the runway at Manchester Airport, so that it could accommodate the  Boeing 707. How times have changed. But weren't they happy? 

1 hour ago, Joedoebarinio said:

The first time I came to Thailand it was 2002. I traveled in a van from Don Meuang to the city. The first thing I noticed was the pickups full of people going to work. I thought I might like it here? The first time I ever went to work was in the back of an eleven ton steel bodied tipper. The job was at a quarry that was supplying aggregate for the extension of the runway at Manchester Airport, so that it could accommodate the  Boeing 707. How times have changed. But weren't they happy? 

Great statement going back years generations I can apply that to a lot of days whether work or play. 

Archived