Some 600 policemen deployed in Pattaya to keep Songkran safe

snoop1130

Some 600 policemen deployed in Pattaya to keep Songkran safe

By The Nation

88fc1e24757fdbcf4c8daa7afe472930.jpeg

Some 600 policemen will be deployed in Pattaya to maintain safety and security during the Songkran festival, Chon Buri police chief Pol Maj Gen Somprasong Yenthuam, said on Monday.

Somprasong said the large number of officers will ensure that tourists visiting Pattaya during the long holiday will be safe.

He said police will set up five checkpoints and they will ban revelers from splashing water from the back of pick-up trucks which can be dangerous.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30311167

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-4-3

7 hours ago, impulse said:

I don't know about most folks, but when I look down a street in a Thai tourist trap and see tons of cops, "safe" doesn't describe how I feel.

Providing your on foot it should be OK,its the pesky (farang) motorists they will be targeting :whistling:

9 minutes ago, petermik said:

Providing your on foot it should be OK,its the pesky (farang) motorists they will be targeting 

Lots more (and faster) money to be made on foot, having tourists turn their pockets inside out, peeing into a cup and explaining how those drugs they didn't know anything about got into their pocket lint during the frisk.

Mate got pulled over in jomtien today. License taken from him and 6 other falang. Told to collect it tomorrow. 

No reason was given and was done aggressively. My mate was simply bewildered!!!

Jeez this place gets you down sometimes!!!

21 minutes ago, NormanW said:

Mate got pulled over in jomtien today. License taken from him and 6 other falang. Told to collect it tomorrow. 

Do you know where exactly they pulled him over?

2 hours ago, NormanW said:

Its all part of the new Happy zone for Pattaya

Welcoming  all tourists and ex-pats to the top family destination.

of Asia.

Have a nice day. :saai:

Pardon the interruption of the usual w@nk fest of farang victimism, tea money chants, sneers, and whinges, but "ban revelers from splashing water from the back of pick-up trucks" sounds positive. Those Taliban trucks cruising around ensure that the annoyance and dangers of Songkran extend far beyond the bar areas so that no area is truly safe if you're on walking or riding a bike. So: good. Hope they mean what they say.

Edited by JSixpack

How about limiting the whole wonderful thing to just 2 days.........I wonder how many lives would be saved

I have been to several other places in Thailand and they have one day for the new year

Pattaya has got completely out of hand and also considering the unmentionable  people should be showing some respect 

My wife, who went back to Loei 6 months ago, was bitching about Songkran.  Said celebrations should be restricted to the grounds of official places/celebrations where people would be on foot, not driving around and get hit with stuff that could cause accidents.  But she's 60 years old, so who cares?  Used to be, folks would approach you and ask permission to pour a little water on your shoulder.  Not do a 30 kph flyby on a truck and hit you with 20 liters of water full of ice cubes.

2 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

He was in the middle of the intersection, past the crosswalk,

they have been ticketing people for this the last two weeks.

Arh right ok. Cheers for that. 

Unbelievable yet again!

4 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

He was in the middle of the intersection, past the crosswalk,

they have been ticketing people for this the last two weeks.

Its good to see pattaya police dealing with the most dangerous,  murderous drivers and riders of the roads.

Go there,   great job for the community.

Or is just 600 more cops collecting money ?. :thumbsup:

Amazing Thailand

Edited by onemorechang

He's been to soi 9 and took a ticket for the queue. 42 peoplein front of him. He walked out. 

Said he'll go back later. As he was walking out he asked one of the girls why he was given a ticket. Was waiting in front of the white line!!

Yet again - unbelievable!!!

1 hour ago, NormanW said:

He's been to soi 9 and took a ticket for the queue. 42 peoplein front of him. He walked out. 

Said he'll go back later. As he was walking out he asked one of the girls why he was given a ticket. Was waiting in front of the white line!!

Yet again - unbelievable!!!

When you see what the Thais do on the roads.

This is just victimization

Just collecting money,  total pricks.

They should go get the bad boys of the roads.

Edited by onemorechang

21 hours ago, NormanW said:

He turned right on the green light at the Hanuman statue down to the beach.

They've been working off and on that section of Thappraya Road by the Hanuman Statue for a few weeks now.  I wonder what they're up to?  Also Thep Prassit and Thappraya is another spot they've been working, mostly motor bikes waiting in the crosswalk-big no no.  

Well if you wear a helmet and have a drivers license , are not drunk and follow the traffic laws you should be ok.  They are only doing their job .