Thailand launches unique residence programme

webfact

Thailand launches unique residence programme

SINGAPORE: -- Henley & Partners has secured the global concession to promote Thailand’s exclusive residence programme, which gives foreigners authorisation to live in the country for up to 20 years.

It’s the first programme of its kind worldwide – offering unlimited access to Thailand as well as a range of special VIP privileges. 

The programme was initiated by the Royal Thai government to attract wealthy global citizens, families, investors and entrepreneurs who want to spend extended periods of time in the country and take advantage of its beneficial tax regime and affordable but exceptionally-high standard of living.

Full story: https://www.hubbis.com/news/thailand-launches-unique-residence-programme

-- Hubbis (HK) 2017-04-04

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“It’s the first programme of its kind worldwide – offering unlimited access to Thailand as well as a range of special VIP privileges.”

vs. other countries who don't grant "VIP privileges" and only allow you to stay and work even if you are not super wealthy, buy and sell property in your own name, not charge you four times more than native citizens, not making you leave and re-enter every 90 days, etc.

Being a VIP in Thailand is nothing more than you giving them your money, and them thinking that they are doing you a favor by accepting it. Basically... VIP=Sucker.

Edited by jaltsc

3 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Err...Isn't this just the Elite Card Program ??

Yep.

The special residence visa is issued by the Thailand Privilege Card Company Limited (TPC) – a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Tourism Authority of Thailand.

1 minute ago, Lammbock said:

But still 90 days reporting?

someone may correct me if i'm wrong but I believe they come and collect your passport and doc and do the report for you and return it back, you don't leave home.

Also, 1,000,000 / 20 yrs =   50,000 per yr  ....   

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

someone may correct me if i'm wrong but I believe they come and collect your passport and doc and do the report for you and return it back, you don't leave home.

well if they let me pay 50,000 a year I might be interested but... this would mean I would not have to tie up 800,000?  no more yearly visas for 20 years?

This may not be of interest to western pensioners, but is of interest to those people with excess money and a need to use it. In particular, Asians (Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong & China) and  Russia.

1 million baht is nothing to some of these people, particularly some of the Russians engaged in certain businesses.  As the  forum is skewed to older  caucasian males, opinions stated reflect that demographic.

When I saw the headline I was so naive to think for a second this would be a real opportunity to live here with all the rights when you for example get married, or pay taxes for xx years...

Anyway, I would pay 50k a year, but never 1M for 20 years in the future in such stable, non-corrupt country as Thailand

Edited by 11223344

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

No it proves that all thats important is "money" . Money talks and they could be opening the doors for any and all "crooks" and ill gotten gains to enter and set-up shop.

Thought that happened a long time ago...

I've been here 19 years and 5 days today.  The last time that I left Thailand was a border run to Mai Sot because I screwed up my bank deposit.  I now pay the 1900 baht yearly extension but remember when it was only 500 baht,

18 minutes ago, 11223344 said:

When I saw the headline I was so naive to think for a second this would be a real opportunity to live here with all the rights when you for example get married, or pay taxes for xx years...

Anyway, I would pay 50k a year, but never 1M for 20 years in the future in such stable, non-corrupt country as Thailand

Erm...

{20 X 50,000 =...}

At  the going rate now I would pay 74,000 baht roughly for 20 years, but add inflation it may go to 100,000 for my visa over that period, of time, 

I will stay on the yearly poor plan 

thank you.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

I think that only applies if you live in Bangkok.

10 minutes ago, whatawonderfulday said:

There appears to be absolutely no detailed information available as to this promotion.

send the cheque for 1,000,000 baht to TAT and I'm sure someone will get back to you with the details ......:shock1:

Edited by steven100