Thailand launches unique residence programme

webfact

6 hours ago, Sphere said:

Wow, that's over 81 x 90-day reports. :coffee1:

Sounds like a good deal but I am too old to be a winner in this. This part really grabbed my attention  quote exceptionally-high standard of living. unquote. Well off to the lottery store to get my tickets. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

re: Elite and the 90 day report

They don't come to your place and pick up your passport.  If in Bangkok your option is to email them to set up an appointment, then go to their Sathorn(?) office and drop your passport off.   The next day you get to go back to their office and pick it up.

They say you can use a courier for the back and forth to their office but that is up to you to arrange.

In CM they refer you to an agent.  Other places, no idea. 

16 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

It's still 1,000,000 no matter how you spread it out.

The big clue is mathematics. 

Nobody said it wasn't 

I will repeat it just for you

The poster made it quite clear that 20 instalments was of interest to him, but the lump sum was NOT

He mentioned 50,000 Baht so he was obviously aware that 50,000 over 20 years was 1,000,000

The problem HERE is not mathematics now is it

You thought you saw an opening and you then jumped in feet first and made your error

You must read and understand what any poster is saying or you will find yourself in these situations

I know from past experience that you woudn't admit you mistake here

Thats your problem and its very clear in this instance for all to see

I will not post again on this point as I can see no good coming of it

So Bluespunk have a nice evening

3 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Nobody said it wasn't 

I will repeat it just for you

The poster made it quite clear that 20 instalments was of interest to him, but the lump sum was NOT

He mentioned 50,000 Baht so he was obviously aware that 50,000 over 20 years was 1,000,000

The problem HERE is not mathematics now is it

You thought you saw an opening and you then jumped in feet first and made your error

You must read and understand what any poster is saying or you will find yourself in these situations

I know from past experience that you woudn't admit you mistake here

Thats your problem and its very clear in this instance for all to see

I will not post again on this point as I can see no good coming of it

So Bluespunk have a nice evening

I made no error.

1,000,000 is 1,000,000 no matter how you spread it out.

It's mathematics.

Not even tricky mathematics at that.

Edited by Bluespunk

As usual everyone is knocking Thailand without even thinking.

Mrs May and Donald Duck are far scarier. In the UK they are kicking out 20 year married residents for staying out of the country more than the allotted few months/year and my 2 brothers who have lived in the USA for over 20 years are scared to visit home because they may not be able to get back in. Both are married with kids but that doesn't seem to matter to the mad Farang!

For once we should be thanking the Thais even if they do have some  funny ideas.

The equivalent scheme back home costs one million pounds!!!

Edited by somo

6 hours ago, CharlieH said:

1 million baht. (20yr)

u wrong i checked it costs 2 mio bhat and a 20000 each year they assist free with 90 day reports but only in and near bkk other places they charge a extra fee...if u ask me its a rip-off

Henley & Partners are the the new promotional and advertising company for Thailand Elite. They will be running roadshows and promotional campaigns worldwide, including the UK, the US, Russia, Singapore, Hong Kong and China targeting those under 50 years old, not married or working and looking for a way to stay in Thailand legally on a long term basis. People living here on Tourist visas is now very much on the agenda with immigration which will become clear over the next few months. They will also be targeting the business man and those with a need to travel frequently to Thailand without the issues of obtaining visas. 

1 hour ago, whatawonderfulday said:

Except that the press release today made no mention that it is the Thai elite program, which we all know has been around for years, so hence my comment that there is no detail of this new program.  The press release today states that it is launching so hence it seems by association a new program so hence my initial comment as there are no details about.  The Elite program has been around years and the press release make no association to this existing program by title.

Try Henley and Partners website.  They are having a launch tomorrow at the Savoy in London (even Mrs Kobarn is there) ;

Henley & Partners and Thailand Elite: Launch of their Global Cooperation regarding the Thailand Residence Visa

5 April 2017, The Savoy Hotel, London, UK

Program: 14:30 registration, 15:00 presentations, 17:00 cocktail reception

Cost: Attendance is free of charge, however only registered delegates will be admitted

Overview

Henley & Partners is proud to announce its partnership with Thailand Privilege Card Company Limited.

We would be honored if you could attend our exclusive launch event to promote Thailand Elite, the first residence program of its kind worldwide that gives you extraordinary VIP privileges and the right to live in the jewel of Southeast Asia for up to 20 years.

Special guest speakers include Minister of Tourism and Sports, Government of Thailand, H.E. Mrs. Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul; the President of Thailand Elite, Pruet Boobphakam; and Tax Partner, Global Mobility Services from KPMG Thailand, Ms. Lynn Tastan.

8 minutes ago, free123 said:

u wrong i checked it costs 2 mio bhat and a 20000 each year they assist free with 90 day reports but only in and near bkk other places they charge a extra fee...if u ask me its a rip-off

Thailand Elite can obtain a visa for you for 1 million baht for 20 years with nothing further to pay for 20 years unless you choose never to leave the country in which case a yearly fee of 1900 baht is charged by immigration for a further 12 months extension of stay. Each and every time you leave the country you will get a new 12 month stamp in your passport, even if you chose to leave daily, weekly or monthly. Nothing to pay and no need for a re-entry permit.

Just now, Upnotover said:

Try Henley and Partners website.  They are having a launch tomorrow at the Savoy in London (even Mrs Kobarn is there) ;

Henley & Partners and Thailand Elite: Launch of their Global Cooperation regarding the Thailand Residence Visa

5 April 2017, The Savoy Hotel, London, UK

Program: 14:30 registration, 15:00 presentations, 17:00 cocktail reception

Cost: Attendance is free of charge, however only registered delegates will be admitted

Overview

Henley & Partners is proud to announce its partnership with Thailand Privilege Card Company Limited.

We would be honored if you could attend our exclusive launch event to promote Thailand Elite, the first residence program of its kind worldwide that gives you extraordinary VIP privileges and the right to live in the jewel of Southeast Asia for up to 20 years.

Special guest speakers include Minister of Tourism and Sports, Government of Thailand, H.E. Mrs. Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul; the President of Thailand Elite, Pruet Boobphakam; and Tax Partner, Global Mobility Services from KPMG Thailand, Ms. Lynn Tastan.

Excellent but hardly new. This is just something that has existed for 15 years or there abouts

Just now, whatawonderfulday said:

Excellent but hardly new. This is just something that has existed for 15 years or there abouts

As I said, it's a new promotional company that will be running worldwide roadshows the first of which is in London. The TE programme is quickly growing with a rapid growing membership and is to be the Thai Governments preferred option for people to live long term in Thailand.

Just now, Lovethailandelite said:

As I said, it's a new promotional company that will be running worldwide roadshows the first of which is in London. The TE programme is quickly growing with a rapid growing membership and is to be the Thai Governments preferred option for people to live long term in Thailand.

OK so its a new promotional company but with a 15 year old existing arrangement !! Seems like more Thainess  !!!!

15 minutes ago, chainarong said:

Being a wealthy person doesn't make Thailand attractive  , being in Thailand would cramp their life style and the persons they mix with.............................................:coffee1:

And Thailand isn't for 'Cheap' living anymore. People now want more than 25sqm shoe box room and a 50 baht bottle of Chang.

Edited by Lovethailandelite

1 minute ago, whatawonderfulday said:

OK so its a new promotional company but with a 15 year old existing arrangement !! Seems like more Thainess  !!!!

Look at it however you wish. Fact is, it's the way forward and there very well maybe no other option for a certain sector very soon. Nobody from immigration has yet stated if the present retirement extension will carry on in it's present form when the new 10 year option finally begins. Will the present scheme be closed to new applicants and people on it now be able to carry on as normal? Nobody has yet said. It's still all speculation. I have my thoughts how that will go but again, I would only be speculating. It certainly seems though that very soon, if you want to continue living here, then a significant fee is going to have to be paid one way or the other.

18 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I made no error.

1,000,000 is 1,000,000 no matter how you spread it out.

It's mathematics.

Not even tricky mathematics at that.

I have reneged on my earlier vow in post 64 I dont know where to put myself really

As you wont face the music as regards your misunderstanding of Post 15, namely what was written there, I will comply with your wishes and employ mathematics

So Bluespunk I suggest you follow these instructions to the letter

Go to Post 15, Go directly to Post 15,  Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect £200 

What you do when you get there is completely at your discretion

But actually reading whats contained, and of course understanding the words should be a pre requisite for a teacher I would have thought

This is my last post, it is a last ditch attempt to HELP

Whatever happened to the supposed 10-year visa plan, which actually was going to be two back to back 5 year visas...

Big announcement in the news, and then weeks/months have passed and nothing further from the Thai government on that topic, and no news from Immigration at all.  And obviously, it hasn't been implemented as yet.

7 hours ago, 11223344 said:

When I saw the headline I was so naive to think for a second this would be a real opportunity to live here with all the rights when you for example get married, or pay taxes for xx years...

Anyway, I would pay 50k a year, but never 1M for 20 years in the future in such stable, non-corrupt country as Thailand

You may call it corruption, I call it paying to get things done and get the result I want. Real corruption stems from countries such as the UK and US where your ripped off by governments on a daily basis and still nothing improves. Thailand has it's faults but for sure, play the game the right way and it's a great place to live. Of course, for those that don't like it and wish change, there is a big airport at Bangkok where you can buy a ticket to anywhere you choose and think another destination is a better place for you.

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Whatever happened to the supposed 10-year visa plan, which actually was going to be two back to back 5 year visas...

Big announcement in the news, and then weeks/months have passed and nothing further from the Thai government on that topic, and no news from Immigration at all.  And obviously, it hasn't been implemented as yet.

It's a major change to immigration policy and I believe that it cannot just happen over night. It would be quite a big piece of legislation requiring an addition to the Police orders etc.

17 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

I have reneged on my earlier vow in post 64 I dont know where to put myself really

As you wont face the music as regards your misunderstanding of Post 15, namely what was written there, I will comply with your wishes and employ mathematics

So Bluespunk I suggest you follow these instructions to the letter

Go to Post 15, Go directly to Post 15,  Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect £200 

What you do when you get there is completely at your discretion

But actually reading whats contained, and of course understanding the words should be a pre requisite for a teacher I would have thought

This is my last post, it is a last ditch attempt to HELP

I don't need help.

My mathematics is solid.

1,000,000 = 1,000,000

Just now, amjamj said:

1 MB for 20 years is so cheap ! But with the over unreliable people in charge here, I am not sure that I want to waste this money ?

This country is more stable now than it has been in years. The Thailand Elite programme has been through more Military coups and governments than I care to mention and is still not only going but growing rapidly. This particular military government has put vast somes in to promoting the programme so what makes you think you would be wasting your money or the people in charge are unreliable? I along with Thai people I associate with, think this government is doing a decent job against the odds stacked against them.

8 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

This proves they are getting desperate   :shock1:

One wonders if any of these "high end" visitors, will want high end attractions like transparent governance, freedom of speech, democracy, lack of high end corruption in government, a transparent court system, juries in courts and so on and so forth. Or is it just a free loading froth up of financial floss making? Desperate for investment perhaps? 

3 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

This country is more stable now than it has been in years. The Thailand Elite programme has been through more Military coups and governments than I care to mention and is still not only going but growing rapidly. This particular military government has put vast somes in to promoting the programme so what makes you think you would be wasting your money or the people in charge are unreliable? I along with Thai people I associate with, think this government is doing a decent job against the odds stacked against them.

How much has it grown year on year since conception? How many members does it actually have?

1 minute ago, kannot said:

How much has it grown year on year since conception? How many members does it actually have?

The latest set of figures released in December showed the scheme to be growing at an average of 60 memberships a month. At the lowest priced memberships, that's a growth of 30 million baht a month. The spend figure for new members was I think put in the region of 200 million baht a year in to the economy after the purchase of a membership. I cannot find the spend figures at the moment so it may well have been more.The total membership was in the region of 7000 at the time the figures were released. I would expect the worldwide roadshows to increase membership take up significantly by people not aware of the scheme.

2 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

The latest set of figures released in December showed the scheme to be growing at an average of 60 memberships a month. At the lowest priced memberships, that's a growth of 30 million baht a month. The spend figure for new members was I think put in the region of 200 million baht a year in to the economy after the purchase of a membership. I cannot find the spend figures at the moment so it may well have been more.The total membership was in the region of 7000 at the time the figures were released. I would expect the worldwide roadshows to increase membership take up significantly by people not aware of the scheme.

Total crap. According to the Nation on the 7th Feb this year,  the membership at end of 2016 was only 4037

Last year, Thailand Elite Card had a total of 4,037 members