Junta leader’s absolute power remains under new charter, CDC chairman confirms

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, jesimps said:

How does she know that? It's never been given the chance, some big bully with a gun always steps in and takes it.

ha yea that is true. i was surprised to hear her say it. i would be surprised most thais know it is not normal to have a coup every 4 or 5 years on average like thailand does. coups just seem to be part of the system here.

5 hours ago, Miaow said:

I've lived in "democratic" countries and in "junta rules countries" and haven't really seen any difference..The rich and powerful rule, the banks pretty much dictate the economy, organized crime controls illicits activities, corruption scandals involving politicians and police etc...Strangely enough, i feel more free in junta ruled Thailand than i do in democratic Canada...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Is your name Trump, Kim, fake Kim, or something of that ilk?

5 hours ago, Miaow said:

I've lived in "democratic" countries and in "junta rules countries" and haven't really seen any difference..The rich and powerful rule, the banks pretty much dictate the economy, organized crime controls illicits activities, corruption scandals involving politicians and police etc...Strangely enough, i feel more free in junta ruled Thailand than i do in democratic Canada...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Yes there is freedom here. Freedom to assess and take risks as you choose. Freedom to do things that are not allowed back home, because some idiot did something dumb once and sued. Freedom to go outside in January without a parka. But how is your sense of security here? What happens when you get on the wrong side of a cop, or are suddenly facing legal action. There is a fair amount of threading the needle here, just like back home, but the circumstances are different.

8 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

on the bright side there shouldnt be any more annoying coups. no need for them. i had one thai friend say that she though democracy does not really work in thailand. makes me wonder what system would work better.

WHAT!! there will continue to be coups as long as the (cannot be named) hierarchy keeps agreeing to it!!  Do you think this coup was instigated without the permission of someone who was higher up?  The Army works for the King /  Royal family not the elected government.....

31 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Yes there is freedom here. Freedom to assess and take risks as you choose. Freedom to do things that are not allowed back home, because some idiot did something dumb once and sued. Freedom to go outside in January without a parka. But how is your sense of security here? What happens when you get on the wrong side of a cop, or are suddenly facing legal action. There is a fair amount of threading the needle here, just like back home, but the circumstances are different.

Yer left out what happens when the Junta kicks out all farangs

But how is your sense of security here? What happens when you get on the wrong side of a cop, or are suddenly facing legal action. There is a fair amount of threading the needle here, just like back home, but the circumstances are different.

My sesnse of security is on higher alert here only because i am in a foreign country.. More aware of my surroundings and who i deal with...Havent run into any trouble here yet, not that i would back home anyway... I like how you summed it up: same same but different. I dont like needles, though...[emoji47][emoji47]

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Post removed. and response to it.

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

22 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

<removed>.

No weed here mate must be in your location open the windows if I was you as that stuff is bad and leads to more problems like brain damage. Why go get a massage as we have a hottub here (in this civilized country) and it does not rip me off, cannot stand beer like weed its revolting stuff. The wife, the last time I looked is doctor, I can get you a discount if you need to see her.

Stay safe over the hols drive easy and no playing with excessive water, have a great time we will here.

No weed here mate must be in your location open the windows if I was you as that stuff is bad and leads to more problems like brain damage. Why go get a massage as we have a hottub here (in this civilized country) and it does not rip me off, cannot stand beer like weed its revolting stuff. The wife, the last time I looked is doctor, I can get you a discount if you need to see her.

Stay safe over the hols drive easy and no playing with excessive water, have a great time we will here.

Wow, a doctor, free health insurance for you. Anyways. No ill intent ment. You have a great holiday also. I don't drive a car, I have a motorcycle. But never drive without my helmet and never drunk. My wife doesn't drink so she drives when I've had a beer. My wifes an ex bar girl. I thought all expats had wives with a similar background to mine. Must be the new generation of expats.

Just now, Wilsonandson said:

Wow, a doctor, free health insurance for you. Anyways. No ill intent ment. You have a great holiday also. I don't drive a car, I have a motorcycle. But never drive without my helmet and never drunk. My wife doesn't drink so she drives when I've had a beer. My wifes an ex bar girl. I thought all expats had wives with a similar background to mine. Must be the new generation of expats.

No old school but left to come home much safer and also get free healthcare even though we have medicare in the house, mind you get no sympathy when I am ill, hard as iron.

Keep Well, thanks you made my day.

On 08/04/2017 at 1:18 PM, elgordo38 said:

The public wrote/voted the government a blank check to be filled in later. Give Meechia another medal for this one if you can find room.  

I am pretty sure that the public were unaware they were giving the blank cheque. Isaan voted 'no' to the referendum which represents almost 27 million, however I do not know how the votes are counted on an issue such as this, probably not in a count of provinces agreeing or not. An obviously total scam anyway. I appreciate your comments Elgordo38. Will it be Elgordo39 next year?

The Thai People dont seem to mind the situation their in, I mean its not like they are protesting or anything. So i guess they get what they deserve.

In my neck of the woods of those who went to Bangkok to protest in 2010, one died, one came back with a large chunk of his arm missing (M16 round) and one just was never seen again. That is maybe why they don't protest...

So after the Thai population elect a new government, all very democratic, it then really becomes a puppet of the powers that be that are reluctant to give up their new found powers. Seek the views of those behind the scenes before making any comment, making new laws, starting any new projects etc.

I like most of you dont have a vote here all I can do like you is to comment on what goes on here, its up to the Thai people to run their own affairs in their own country which is right, but, the thing is they cannot do that can they?

There are many forms of democracy through out the world and its up to each country to choose the one that suits them best, but this one does not look like the full ticket me. It may be your view of democracy but its not mine, still life will go on and the Army will take care of the people as they always have and the people, the ordinary people will be happy for they have never known anything different and they just want to try and make their way through life, which for many is not easy is it.

2 hours ago, maoro2013 said:

I am pretty sure that the public were unaware they were giving the blank cheque. Isaan voted 'no' to the referendum which represents almost 27 million, however I do not know how the votes are counted on an issue such as this, probably not in a count of provinces agreeing or not. An obviously total scam anyway. I appreciate your comments Elgordo38. Will it be Elgordo39 next year?

Thank you. Praise is rare here. I try and give it out when deserved. I try and stay away from opening comments with the likes of "Hey Stupid" Its like staying in Thailand we have to accept our fellow man "warts" and all. Sometimes I get frustrated and wish for a "dislike" button here but then its called freedom of speech. The posters here are sometimes compared well in my eyes anyways like a nuclear explosion. You have a nucleus of great guys then in waves it spreads out from there. Thanks to the guys that are techies and come out with technical answers then I have to get my book out called Tech Terms For Dummies. Have a great day and stay safe this week. 

1 hour ago, JAG said:

In my neck of the woods of those who went to Bangkok to protest in 2010, one died, one came back with a large chunk of his arm missing (M16 round) and one just was never seen again. That is maybe why they don't protest...

You make an excellent point. I surely hope serfdom does not become the order of the day.. 

1 hour ago, nong38 said:

So after the Thai population elect a new government, all very democratic, it then really becomes a puppet of the powers that be that are reluctant to give up their new found powers. Seek the views of those behind the scenes before making any comment, making new laws, starting any new projects etc.

I like most of you dont have a vote here all I can do like you is to comment on what goes on here, its up to the Thai people to run their own affairs in their own country which is right, but, the thing is they cannot do that can they?

There are many forms of democracy through out the world and its up to each country to choose the one that suits them best, but this one does not look like the full ticket me. It may be your view of democracy but its not mine, still life will go on and the Army will take care of the people as they always have and the people, the ordinary people will be happy for they have never known anything different and they just want to try and make their way through life, which for many is not easy is it.

50 shades of democracy. 

4 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

The army has shown in the past that they are willing to use their weapons against their own people

what can the people do?

Quite right AGareth2......the RTA have never slaughtered any where near as many enemies, as they have Thais...(in the last 5-7 decades)..the question should be asked often, why? A sad statistic....