Decent sparky in Pattaya ? Any contact details ?

Pdaz

Anyone have a number/line contact details for decent sparky ( one who actually has a meter and can fault find ) around Pattaya/Naklua ? My usual fella is away up country.

The power in my pool pump house is fluctuating ( main house on same supply is fine ) 

I isolated all the breakers and checked the incoming power which appears stable on my DVM. Then with the main breaker/contactor on I switched on each curcuit in turn. Only got the first two on and the ceiling lights were flickering. The big amp stuff, underground pump, main house pump and retic pump were all still isolated so don't believe they are the issue. To me the main contactor must be the prime suspect ( There is a slight smell of arcing ) but would like a proper sparky to check it out. We've had a lot of rain recently and a few power cuts / brown outs so they may have caused an issue. 

Cheers

Can't help with a sparks, we're not in Pattaya.

But if you have fizzing and a smell you need to sort it NOW!

The smart money is on a loose connection, something you can check yourself if you have a suitable screwdriver.

POWER OFF. Check each terminal for tightness, remember the incoming live is still live so leave that until last and don't touch the screwdriver blade when you're checking it. Wear a new pair of Marigolds (rubber gloves) and rubber shoes if you're feeling nervous :smile:

Thanks Crossy. I did all that as loose connection seemed the most likely but house and wiring was done to pretty high standard ( for Thailand ) so figured it was more likely to being a worn component.

downhole pump has protection as do all the circuits but nothing had tripped. Just flickering lights and pool control panel going on/off. Strange. First sparky suggested by a mate has already left. Gave up when he saw the submersible pump and the retic setup. Now on bloke number two.. This one has a clamp meter , a voltage pen AND a Fluke ! But still seems clueless.

Archived