New paint job on pickup. Does the sun affect it long term

I had a teenager run up the back of my pickup and I received 1/2 the blame. But thats another story. 

I decided to spray the whole car as there were other scratches. They did a nice job and all is good. If my car is left in the sun everyday does that eventually dull / change the colour?

Its mostly under shade at work etc but I wanted to know your expert opinions on this important matter if you have the time and/or inclination. 

thanks

New paint still hardens for a while after application. If they put a final clear coat l doubt you will have a problem with colour. My ride has been in the sun for 10 years, right side, there is no difference in colour to the left side that my eyes can see...

How much did you pay for the respray ? If they used cheap paint the very harsh UV light will fade the colour quite fast depends on colour red being very susceptible....you can give some protection with a wax or the modern "glass" coatings which might cost as much as the respray !

It also depends on the colour as well, for some odd reason, and from experience in car body shops, red cars fade more than other colours ( not sure what yours is ) but this is only really if they are not looked after. Regular cleaning and a good polish will generally keep the shine etc. 

White and silver are the best colors for longevity, because they are reflective. Red has always been a difficult color to maintain well, due to breakdown caused by infra-red solar radiation. A clear coat is essential, but some paint shops cut costs by omitting it.

Left outside, everything impacts on the paintwork: sun, rain, pigeon crap, tree sap, et al. In the UK, I had my later cars permashined, thus providing additional protection. Haven't seen it in LoS, though I have seen permashine on sale. But there are other options which seem to be worth investigating, albeit somewhat more expensive than permashine. I am looking aound, and will plump for another type of coating if I can't get mine permashined.

10 hours ago, transam said:

New paint still hardens for a while after application. If they put a final clear coat l doubt you will have a problem with colour. My ride has been in the sun for 10 years, right side, there is no difference in colour to the left side that my eyes can see...

How do you watch left and right side next to each other to compare?

2 hours ago, anfh said:

It also depends on the colour as well, for some odd reason, and from experience in car body shops, red cars fade more than other colours ( not sure what yours is ) but this is only really if they are not looked after. Regular cleaning and a good polish will generally keep the shine etc. 

My Mazda is red, the new version. I've had just one dark red one before, in the UK, but never a problem. But that one was, and the current one is, metallic, something that I think helps.

Most car finishes will deteriorate over the years due to environmental conditions.

In Queensland a majority of cars over ten years old will have a Queensland suntan where the clear coat has degraded and fallen off , this is particularly noticeable on the upper surfaces.

I suspect that this may also happen in Thailand as we are also in a tropic zone, paint protection can help.