Pickup overturns while racing car, crashes into 10 vehicles

rooster59

Pickup overturns while racing car, crashes into 10 vehicles

By The Nation

A pickup truck racing on Srinakharin Road overturned and crashed into 10 other vehicles early on Saturday, severely injuring the pickup driver.

Police said the accident happened at 2.30am near kilometre marker No 17.5 on the outbound Srinakharin Road.

The pickup driver was identified as Worapol Maneerat, 26. He suffered severe injuries to his body and had broken legs.

Police quoted eyewitnesses as saying that the driver did a U-turn on the road twice as he raced with a Mercedes Benz car but his pickup grazed the car and rolled over.

The rolling pickup hit a car on the road, four vehicles parked on the roadside and five vehicles in a roadside used-car shop.

The Benz fled the scene.

Police said they would check security cameras before pressing charges.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30311718

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-08

Brain dead totally. Most Thais are straight line drivers as any moron or a monkey  can drive fast in a straight line, well except many Thais.  So we have nothing much more than an agricultural vehicle racing a Mercedes Benz which basically is designed for driving not only in a straight line but round corners also ( strangely enough, yes Europe has bends in their roads). Given the MB had a Thai driver which they mostly lack driving skills, at least dynamically the vehicles are more forgiving than a leaf sprinted bath tub. My view is that pick -ups should be speed restricted to 50 km/hour and that you should have to undergo physiological testing before garages are allowed to sell them or/and get an tax paid. When a pick up driver really think that they can out manoeuvre a road vehicle designed for performance and safety then clearly it indicates that they must be mentally challenged. 

The only thing I am surprised about with an idiot like this is that he managed to do this without having half a dozen passengers in the back tray.

Quite impressed at the amount of damage to other vehicles he managed to achieve though.

And som nam na on the broken legs.

47 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

When will minivans and pick ups get automatically limited till 75 km of speed?The top cop said nearly all accidents are speed related or alchohol or both.

I hope they don't. 75 is way too slow for highways. If you said 75mph then it would be more realistic. I think getting fools out of the right hand lane driving at 75kph causing everyone to weave round them would have better results 

14 minutes ago, alien365 said:

I hope they don't. 75 is way too slow for highways. If you said 75mph then it would be more realistic. I think getting fools out of the right hand lane driving at 75kph causing everyone to weave round them would have better results 

75 km fast enough for them with people in the back left lane only for pickups and minivans.do not see how it can bother u.

4 hours ago, alien365 said:

And how do you propose to get the fools out of the right hand lane? I know the answer, but I'd be penalised by the Moderators again...

2 minutes ago, hobobo said:

And how do you propose to get the fools out of the right hand lane? I know the answer, but I'd be penalised by the Moderators again...

By fining all minivan ,pickup ,truck, touring bus that drives on the right lane.set those vehicles for a max speed of 75/85 km it will make the roads more safe.

I hope this pickup driver has to pay for the damage to the vehiclesthat he hit with his pickup.

I hope he will tell the police if he actually knows the driver of the car that he was racing, tat other

jerk can also help pay for the damage caused.

Geezer

Just another day in paradise Will the idiot drivers get fined Mmm Let me think NO Hang on 500 baht fine and say you are sorry fro being an idiot But it still comes back to same old story If the cops were on the road where they should be maybe maybe they would of stopped these cars before something happened God i love cracking jokes:sleepy:

18 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

Brain dead totally. Most Thais are straight line drivers as any moron or a monkey  can drive fast in a straight line, well except many Thais.  So we have nothing much more than an agricultural vehicle racing a Mercedes Benz which basically is designed for driving not only in a straight line but round corners also ( strangely enough, yes Europe has bends in their roads). Given the MB had a Thai driver which they mostly lack driving skills, at least dynamically the vehicles are more forgiving than a leaf sprinted bath tub. My view is that pick -ups should be speed restricted to 50 km/hour and that you should have to undergo physiological testing before garages are allowed to sell them or/and get an tax paid. When a pick up driver really think that they can out manoeuvre a road vehicle designed for performance and safety then clearly it indicates that they must be mentally challenged. 

true. only gas pedal needed to go straight. brakes are mere accessories, less used than cup holders.

23 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

75 km fast enough for them with people in the back left lane only for pickups and minivans.do not see how it can bother u.

If a pickup is heavily loaded with people then i see no problem setting a lower speed limit, but i disagree with automatic limits as the pickup isn't always going to be loaded. I don't see why minivans should be restricted to 75 either. I was on motorway 7 a few weeks ago and they flashed the speed limit as 80. If the speed limit is ridiculous less people will follow it. Everyone including minivans were going 120kph which is suitable for that size of road. On my way back it was raining and everyone slowed down accordingly.

19 hours ago, hobobo said:

Getting right up behind them and flashing your lights seems to be how the Thai's do it. But it's all about enforcement which we know doesn't happen.

25 minutes ago, alien365 said:

If a pickup is heavily loaded with people then i see no problem setting a lower speed limit, but i disagree with automatic limits as the pickup isn't always going to be loaded. I don't see why minivans should be restricted to 75 either. I was on motorway 7 a few weeks ago and they flashed the speed limit as 80. If the speed limit is ridiculous less people will follow it. Everyone including minivans were going 120kph which is suitable for that size of road. On my way back it was raining and everyone slowed down accordingly.

Most roads here are not suitable for 120 km .Since most accidents are high speed related makes sense auto limit the max speed of truck, mini van ,pick up and busses..left lane for them only trust me it will become more safe and less deaths..

12 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Most roads here are not suitable for 120 km .Since most accidents are high speed related makes sense auto limit the max speed of truck, mini van ,pick up and busses..left lane for them only trust me it will become more safe and less deaths..

I think the point i was trying to make is that the speed limit needs to be sensible. If you set it at 75kph (45mph) they'd be too slow for a bigger road. And I'm guessing if that was put in place Thai's would buy a different vehicle to get round the limiter (i know i would). There's no point spending a million baht on a 3ltr pick up if they'd be outpaced by a milkfloat.

Edited by alien365

40 minutes ago, alien365 said:

I think the point i was trying to make is that the speed limit needs to be sensible. If you set it at 75kph (45mph) they'd be too slow for a bigger road. And I'm guessing if that was put in place Thai's would buy a different vehicle to get round the limiter (i know i would). There's no point spending a million baht on a 3ltr pick up if they'd be outpaced by a milkfloat.

If u want less death on the roads here then mandatory lowering speed seems worth trying.

19 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

If u want less death on the roads here then mandatory lowering speed seems worth trying.

Don't get me wrong, i agree that reducing speed would help but i believe the speed limit just needs to be followed as they are. It's the ones screaming through traffic at 150 high on yaba or with no consideration to the road conditions or to others who i see as the problem.