Help me make a Visa decision

My SETV extension ends on the 13th of April, a few days from now and in the heart of Sonkran. I need only another 30 days, so I want to get the exemption.

I'm trying to decide between flying and going to the border (I've never done the latter before). Unfortunately, bc of Sonkran prices are crazy high to fly somewhere like KL or Singapore, around 7k THB round trip. I was also considering a border run to Poipet (or somewhere else, I'm a bit ignorant to the land borders) because it is much cheaper around 2400 THB if you do an all inclusive border run service. On top of that Sonkran traffic might be brutal.

All that considered, do you think I should just bite the bullet and fly or go border run? Money is a semi important factor, but not a deal breaker btw.

You need to be a bit clearer ☺. Have you already gone to Imm' and paid 1900 baht for a 30 day extension?

Sorry for questions ? Let everyone know the enter by/use by date on your visa. I know, confusing, have you been out and in again since you first arrived?

Edited by overherebc

7 minutes ago, dubyadee said:

Already got the 30 day extension.

Cheap flight out in your best bet then with a ticket to leave at the end of the 30 days visa exempt seems best bet.

KL?

Believe you can do one day with the right flights, but, it is Songkran.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Cheap flight out in your best bet then with a ticket to leave at the end of the 30 days visa exempt seems best bet.

KL?

Believe you can do one day with the right flights, but, it is Songkran.

In all the years I've been here I did once use a minivan/minibus bus for a border run. That's why I look 25 years older than I should do.

???

12 minutes ago, steve187 said:

where are you, if in Pattaya or Bangkok a border run to Cambodia would be the cheapest around 3000 baht, will get 30 days but you will have used up one of your lives, 

If not lost it in drunken Songkran traffic...

Also be aware that the Cambodian border crossing right now is jam packed with Cambodian workers  going home for the holidays..and I do mean, packed. Likely the same with the other borders.

15 minutes ago, dubyadee said:

How bad is the the same day visa run from Bangkok? Awful? 

Do you think traffic will be even worse getting to the border bc of Songkran?

Anyone have a recommendation for border run van company?

I did a visa run from to Cambodia from Pattaya on April 13 some years back and the traffic was almost non-existent.  They are all at home already so its easy for the rest of us.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sheryl said:

If not lost it in drunken Songkran traffic...

Also be aware that the Cambodian border crossing right now is jam packed with Cambodian workers  going home for the holidays..and I do mean, packed. Likely the same with the other borders.

At Poipet there is/was ? a different area for Imm' . Expats/tourists upstairs and Asians downstairs each with it's own queue system. You're right that the place will be mobbed but not sure how much it would delay the OP at check out/check in.

Today will be the start of travelling home time for many so the journey to any border will be longer.