Frozen UK Pensions

yardrunner I D 1

the Labour Party  will support the motion to unfreeze expat State pensions

All well and good,  but it was a Labour government under the tyranny of Tony Bliar that went to the European court and won  the day  by  being  given a verdict that  gave the  U K government the mandate to continue freezing U K pensions.

Certainly  if Labour has a conscience its M P's must  vote Aye for the resolution

Mind you how many may or will be in the chamber at the time of the vote is yet to be seen.

and.....We all remember Steve Webb.....

Words are Cheap! If you remember Steve Webb spoke at least on 4 separate occasions in the HOC condemning this injustice, then he became part of the coalition government and became Pensions Minister an ideal position you would think to do something about it...but did he...NO, saying this is how it has been for many years and things are not going to change now...so Mr Corbyn and the Labour Party, I will cross my fingers but forgive me if I don't hold my breath!!

6 hours ago, shunter said:

All well and good,  but it was a Labour government under the tyranny of Tony Bliar that went to the European court and won  the day  by  being  given a verdict that  gave the  U K government the mandate to continue freezing U K pensions.

Certainly  if Labour has a conscience its M P's must  vote Aye for the resolution

Mind you how many may or will be in the chamber at the time of the vote is yet to be seen.

This is incorrect , the claimants went to the European court , having lost  at the national domestic courts

54 minutes ago, rockingrobin said:

This is incorrect , the claimants went to the European court , having lost  at the national domestic courts

The woman who fronted the case(forget name) was ex pat living in SA  paid no tax in the UK,No taxation without representation I belive is the saying,should have put somebody there who paid 

Rockyrobin

Indeed you are correct in pointing out the error in my post I D 5. Not as young as I used to be and errors are made.

However I still consider Bliars Labour government  showed  that in truth they had nor even now have any respect for those they claim to support.

The issue  of pension increases  should never have been disputed by any government let alone a Labour government in the first place.

There was enough money in the coffers to finance a war as well as a bottomless pit for payments to those who  have contributed nothing to the  welfare state. Yet those who had paid their way were and still are discriminated against by being financially classified as second class British citizens.

14 hours ago, teddog said:

The woman who fronted the case(forget name) was ex pat living in SA  paid no tax in the UK,No taxation without representation I belive is the saying,should have put somebody there who paid 

that woman who took the case moved to south africa 1990 and for 10yrs.continued to pay full contributions towards her pension.

only to find out she only gets 67.50weekly. her name was ANNETTE CARSON.