bkk to samui and back again. advice

pumpjack

we will leave bkk next week 23rd april ,  we plan on going to hau hin then samui then phuket then krabi and back ,  maybe not in that particular order but nevermind.

we need to see some things in patong and rawai and then we need to go do something in krabi ( ao nang )   so ,  is it better we rent small car for a week in bangkok or get bus from bkk ,  what is best fastest and cheapest option available,  we will like to travel at night saving daytime for beaches etc

is there a ferry from chumphon to samui ?   the drive from hau hin to samui is a little boring  

That's an amazing drive.  Yes, from Hua Hin down to Samui isn't so nice, but after that, it's pretty spectacular.  That drive across the mountains is awesome.  With many places to stop and visit.  We did almost that same route several times over the years.  Spent 4 weeks each time just enjoying the area. 

With only a week, it's a long slog.  Why not fly?

Theres a catamaran service from chumphon to samui...no car ferry. 

Probably not the cheapest option, but i would suggest to rent a car..You can stop wherever you please, choose at your convenience the best hotel to stay at, especially on Samui, and most importantly, you would be avoiding those crazy and dangerous night bus rides...

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

think i will hire car in hau hin .    do you have link for ferry to samui from chumphon,  cant see anything on google

23 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Theres a catamaran service from chumphon to samui...no car ferry. 

My former GF works in Koh Samui but comes to Bangkok 3 or 4 times a year.  She doesn't like to fly.

Going from Bangkok to Koh Samui, she takes a bus that leaves from Mor Chit at about 6:30 PM. The bus is a true VIP bus with large, reclining seats and individual TV screens. The bus arrives at the ferry about 5:30 am and the bus itself is put on board.  Arrival in Koh Samui is about 08:30

I forget what time the bus departs from Koh Samui returning to Bangkok, but it arrives in Bangkok about 6am.  Fare is about B900 each way so not particularly cheap however there are very few Koh Samui busses that depart from Mor Chit,  most depart from the much more inconvenient Southern Bus Terminal

Have you checked with FerrySamui? They have bus and ferry packages to Koh Samui. Have booked with them frequently and booking was always seamless. You could check out their ferry schedule and locations on their website. 

Otherwise, you could contact their customer service team. They have been very helpful whenever I needed assistance with my travel planning. Cheers.