Filipino man in hospital after bike smash swerving to avoid coconut on Beach Road, Pattaya

webfact

Filipino man in hospital after bike smash swerving to avoid coconut on Beach Road, Pattaya

5pm.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

PATTAYA: -- A Filipino tourist was seriously injured after he swerved to avoid a coconut in the road in South Pattaya yesterday.

Police and medics were called and found 31 year old Kenneth Sagubay covered in blood with a head wound and a broken arm.

Nearby was his Honda Click 125i on its side.

The accident happened opposite Bay Walk Residence at 3am Sunday morning.

Witness Pranot Phanitpong, 28, said that he was on a bike following the victim as they headed fast towards Walking Street. He saw the tourist swerve to avoid a coconut lying in the road before losing control and colliding with the kerb then smacking into a power pole.

The victim was taken to Pattaya Memorial Hospital.

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-10

34 minutes ago, webfact said:

... headed fast towards Walking Street...

cause...

...losing control and colliding with the kerb then smacking into a power pole...

... and effect

no coconuts were reported to have been harmed during this event

Edited by NanLaew

Those Honda Clickx are dangerous bikes. I usually ride a Yamaha Nuovo (recent models) and am quite comfortable on them, but during my last holiday I had to switch to another bike and was provided with a Honda Clickx, within the first hour I was laying on my back because the motorbike slipped from underneath me, I was just coming out of soi 6 and had to stop behind a car that was waiting to make a left turn, when I accelerated, the bike slipped from beneath me. Never will I drive a Honda clickx again.

11 hours ago, Ijustcashier said:

Beach Rd should be 50kph limit 24/7 with speed cameras and big signs advertising it.

What do you mean? Haven't you noticed the recently painted 40 km speed limit on the road:giggle:

of course predictably no one takes any notice of it

meanwhile ALL  lights at pedestrian crossings on Beach Road are off 

complete shambles regarding speeding and pedestrian safety :bah:

25 minutes ago, Bastos60 said:

Those Honda Clickx are dangerous bikes. I usually ride a Yamaha Nuovo (recent models) and am quite comfortable on them, but during my last holiday I had to switch to another bike and was provided with a Honda Clickx, within the first hour I was laying on my back because the motorbike slipped from underneath me, I was just coming out of soi 6 and had to stop behind a car that was waiting to make a left turn, when I accelerated, the bike slipped from beneath me. Never will I drive a Honda clickx again.

I'm sure there are many Honda Click riders who have not that experience. I would guess over-inflated or bald tyres. Over-inflation leads to less tyre touching the road and therefore less grip.

13 minutes ago, JamJar said:

I'm sure there are many Honda Click riders who have not that experience. I would guess over-inflated or bald tyres. Over-inflation leads to less tyre touching the road and therefore less grip.

That could be it. 

11 hours ago, Ijustcashier said:

Beach Rd should be 50kph limit 24/7 with speed cameras and big signs advertising it.

With drunk tourists crossing back and fourth, baht busses, pulling out or stopping and going

without signaling. Plenty of distractions (ie. freelancers) I think 30kph is plenty fast enough.

43 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Yes, Or maybe sand or dirt on the road...
I don't think the bike is the problem. The Click is a very popular bike. I don't imagine it would be so if it were inherently dangerous.

1 hour ago, Bastos60 said:

I have owned a Honda click and currently a Nuovo. I really don't think either is safer/more dangerous that the other.

Just the decisions you make. I did give myself a bit of a reality check on the Nuovo. Accelerating on a left turn

from a stop I overdid it a little. Maybe a skiff of sand/dirt on the road, maybe my rear tire was thin on tread

and old (hard rubber), but the back end stepped out. I had to put a foot down to avoid going down. I learned a valuable

lessen. Don't accelerate hard out of a corner from a standing start. Even though scooters are underpowered they have

more than enough torque and power to get you into trouble so pay attention.

What do you mean? Haven't you noticed the recently painted 40 km speed limit on the road:giggle:
 of course predictably no one takes any notice of it
meanwhile ALL  lights at pedestrian crossings on Beach Road are off 
complete shambles regarding speeding and pedestrian safety :bah:

Never noticed it but then again I only run across the road often playing chicken with bikes and pick ups doing double that.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app