Thai govt to promote local hot springs as new international tourist attractions

webfact

Govt to promote local hot springs as new international tourist attractions

BANGKOK, 11 April 2017, (NNT) - The Ministry of Public Health and the Ministry of Tourism and Sports have recently held a discussion on approaches to promote two of the Kingdom's hot springs as new international tourist destinations. 

The discussion was part of a meeting between committee members on developing Thailand as a hub for health and wellness. The meeting was attended by Minister of Tourism and Sports Kobkarn Wattanawarangkul and other relevant government officials. 

According to the minister, the Ministry of Public Health has verified that a hot spring in Chae Sorn National Park in Lampang and Khlong Thom hot spring in Krabi province are safe for bathing. She is hoping that the two hot springs would eventually gain international recognition the same way as Japanese hot springs, which are known as "onsens." 

The minister will instruct the Department of Tourism to conduct feasibility studies on development directions, adding that specific details of the project will be discussed with local government agencies directly responsible for the hot springs. 

She is of the opinion that the tourist sites must at least have shopping venues, enough parking spaces, and enough public toilets, in order to add values to the tourist experience and ensure a fair income distribution among members of the communities.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-04-11

1 hour ago, webfact said:

She is of the opinion that the tourist sites must at least have shopping venues, enough parking spaces, and enough public toilets, in order to add values to the tourist experience and ensure a fair income distribution among members of the communities.

Bless her for bringing good things to life. :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, onemorechang said:

It's in a National park.

So get stuffed for the dual pricing Bs  :bah:

I did have to pay the "farang price" to get into the park (Chae Son) but once in everyone pays the Thai price to use the hot springs bathing rooms.     They also have a open area that is free.        Also we got the "Thai price" for the cabin rental.

045.JPG

048.JPG

049.JPG

050.JPG

043.JPG

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

imagine how filthy the hot springs would become.

The hot spring I went to somewhere up around Phrao was filthy already. Nasty slimy concrete with algae and crap. The TAT has really convinced themselves that not only is it possible to polish a turd but you can sell it for the price of gold as well.

Somebody must have gone to Japan and had a eureka moment. To mention the hot springs here in the same breath as the ones in Japan is laughable. 

23197564f6284be61046b664851c14ad.jpg

21 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

I did have to pay the "farang price" to get into the park (Chae Son) but once in everyone pays the Thai price to use the hot springs bathing rooms.     They also have a open area that is free.        Also we got the "Thai price" for the cabin rental.

All looks nice,    and great you got the correct price,  when on the inside.

But that's the issue,   they want to have you on the way in.

so I  will give the National parks a miss.

Seen loads of parks,   springs rock faces, water falls  and so on.

All over the world,   way better than Thailand and all for the same price as the locals and some even free.

So im sorry but Thailand can get stuffed for its dual pricing. :bah:

Any idea of K Kobkarn is an awesome idea and will lure billions of tourists...  :tongue:

I presume foreigners at the springs will be issued wristbands with microchips, special trackable sim cards and be welcomed by Pokemon Go characters?

Just now, Dumbastheycome said:

Wonderful  source  of  all sorts of  very  nasty infection. I will  never ever  !

Come on surely Thai "onsen" are subjected to the same rigorous health tests of those in Japan. The poster that pointed out the climate may have a valid point as well. 

Typhoid and cholera aside the plan is a great one.

9 hours ago, anotheruser said:

The hot spring I went to somewhere up around Phrao was filthy already. Nasty slimy concrete with algae and crap. The TAT has really convinced themselves that not only is it possible to polish a turd but you can sell it for the price of gold as well.

Somebody must have gone to Japan and had a eureka moment. To mention the hot springs here in the same breath as the ones in Japan is laughable. 

23197564f6284be61046b664851c14ad.jpg

Where will they be importing the show from?