Backhoe company in China

So I've been reading about grey market tractors but that seems to concern mostly the USA.  Kubota dealers can lose their dealership if they sell parts to grey market machines.  Is that the same here?  

So you can get genuine parts for the KX 913?  Is parts an issue on any of the Japan imports?

42 minutes ago, MarcIssan said:

So I've been reading about grey market tractors but that seems to concern mostly the USA.  Kubota dealers can lose their dealership if they sell parts to grey market machines.  Is that the same here?  

So you can get genuine parts for the KX 913?  Is parts an issue on any of the Japan imports?

If your looking at an import,get hold of the manuals so you can cross reference parts to research their availabilty locally.

The manuals will most likely need translating as well.Well worth doing unless you want a large ornament.

Not sure about genuine parts prices here,paid 2400 baht for a genuine hino thermostat a couple of weeks ago.

Have a Kubota harvester but not needed any parts as yet.

You've got a tractor,why not get a post hole digger and box blade for that.And make a deep ripper.Outlay of about 80,000 baht.

In saying that my biggest downfall was not buying an excavator when i got here,the money i've spent on hiring them i could have bought two.

Guys, I have a full parts catalogue with (2016) prices for KX91-3. Also operators manual.

Just ask Kubota and they'll give it to you. I got a full PDF copy for the entire machine with part numbers to quote.

Kubota manufacture here now so parts not an issue. All available by return, missus uses Line, transfers money interbank via ATM and parts delivered.

I have to say that they have an excellent customer services.

I should probably stop pushing Kubota but I'm happy.

I have a Kubota L4508 and have never needed parts.  I only have about 800 hours on it but still when we work we work it hard.  Thanks for the heads up.  How would I know if a Kubota excavator is grey market or not?  I mean before I buy it.  Is there some numbering scheme that give it away?

And farmerjo, once I get done with my own work I'm wondering if there is enough demand for excavation that me and my brother in law can make a small business of it.  Your thoughts?

8 hours ago, MarcIssan said:

I have a Kubota L4508 and have never needed parts.  I only have about 800 hours on it but still when we work we work it hard.  Thanks for the heads up.  How would I know if a Kubota excavator is grey market or not?  I mean before I buy it.  Is there some numbering scheme that give it away?

And farmerjo, once I get done with my own work I'm wondering if there is enough demand for excavation that me and my brother in law can make a small business of it.  Your thoughts?

Without out going into detail i don't think the business will work as a full time venture. Not to say you couldn't get it to work,just my view.

My best two side works have been carting water for villagers when the water supply is down or dirty like this time of year and i've had a lot of work for the post hole digger digging holes for rubber tree plantations and dragon fruit fields.I'm the only one in the area with a set-up to do those jobs.People know so they just ring the mrs and i send the FIL off.I take out the expenses and Fil gets some cash in his pocket.

I live in a village environment,within a 10 kilometre radius off the top of my head there are 8 excavators and 40 tractors.12 years ago there was 1 excavator and 3 tractors.  

The couple of mini diggers around here are Kolbelco then next size are PC-200 Komatsu's then the 20 tonners are mostly Caterpillar..

2 hours ago, MarcIssan said:

GRollies I have another question.  Is your Kubota a zero turn?  Is that a big deal having or not having?  

I found this for 270,000 but not zero turn...but low hours.

2017-07-07_13-42-50.jpg

What is zero turn mate?

A mini excavator would be handy to have but no way can I justify buying one. We have had several ponds dug and after the first expensive mistake, that was hiring by the hour and getting a cheap hourly rate. It was an old worn out machine that had no power and leaked more hydraulic oil than fuel used. I actually had to hire the local guy to finish up the pond. The local is an artist and never makes an unneeded move. The local guy has a big caterpillar. He charges 1,800 baht per hour and it is amazing how much he can do in an hour. I enjoy watching him work.

For our small projects we use the local drunk. We supply the digging tools. My wife supervises him and pays him whatever she thinks he is worth based on what he accomplishes.  He often quits in the middle of a job and only comes back when he needs more booze money.

If I were to ever buy a mini, I would buy a major brand name such as, and probably a Kubota. To own a fairly expensive machine and have it broke down because you can't find parts would be a bummer. 

Archived