Windows doesn't detect network adapter

janclaes47

Just now, ajarngreg said:

If the guy at the PC shop can get it online, it must be something with his LAN cable, or router. But trying a USB dongle would show you a lot.

I'm not sure how good the OP is.

I have at least 50 LAN cables laying around in all different lengths, that should answer also your other question

5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

OP says he got all the drivers from asus and realtek using another computer and still has same problem

3 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Take not also, I have now TWO adapters on the MB, and both have the same problem.

You don't need two adapters, that could already be a reason for no internet. 

OP, you've got to learn that you need to start at point A then go to B and C. Not starting at C.

Two adapters, wouldn't allow you to have internet, especially with different drivers. 

OP, please ask a friend, use his/her notebook, or PC and see if you can connect it???

Edited by ajarngreg

Just now, ajarngreg said:

You don't need two adapters, that could already be a reason for no internet. 

OP, you've got to learn that you need to start at point A then go to B and C. Not starting at C.

Two adapters, wouldn't allow you to have internet, especially with different drivers. 

Smarty, I installed the PCI adapter as I couldn't get the onboard working whatever i tried.

Goodbye, the troll threads are in the pub

10 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

The MB has worked for years with server 2003 installed and later with Windows 7 x32, you think it changed gender?

So at some point it worked with win7, current configuration etc ?

3 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

It has worked for years, it stopped working when I swapped disks and installed new OS 6 months ago

What about safe mode with networking? 

17 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Device manager sees now 2 Ethernet adapters, both with the yellow triangle.

When click driver update, i get within a second the pop up, Windows was unable to find driver software for your device

Have you tied to force install the driver rather than allowing Windows to determine which driver is correct?

1. Locate manually
  2. Let Me pick from the list
  3. Have disk
  4. Browse, select the appropriate INF

1 minute ago, thedemon said:

Have you tied to force install the driver rather than allowing Windows to determine which driver is correct?

1. Locate manually
  2. Let Me pick from the list
  3. Have disk
  4. Browse, select the appropriate INF

Tried all different methods of manually installing the driver.

Take note, in Network and sharing center no adapter is visible, if the problem was the driver I guess there would be 2 adapters with a red cross attached.

Network and sharing center is completely blank. In hardware devices I see both adapters with a yellow triangle attached.

17 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Tried all different methods of manually installing the driver.

Take note, in Network and sharing center no adapter is visible, if the problem was the driver I guess there would be 2 adapters with a red cross attached.

Network and sharing center is completely blank. In hardware devices I see both adapters with a yellow triangle attached.

If it is a driver (or hardware) issue then I wouldn't expect the adapter to show up in the Network and Sharing center, even with a red cross. You have to solve the issue at the device manager level first.

What about disabling driver signature enforcement? That may allow you to see drivers that were otherwise hidden.

Have you checked through the Event Viewer? Any clues there?