Visa for Hong Kong /Macau

I am a Canadian Citizen and my wife is Thai, and my daughter is Thai/Canadian.  Do we require visas for Hong Kong and Macau.  I have had conflicting reports.  As is is Songkran/Easter all the offices are closed.  Can anyone give me some advice.  Thanks so much

None of you need visas to enter either Hong Kong or Macau, they are different authorities but have similar rules.

You and your daughter, if travelling on a Canadian passport, could be given entry for 90 days whilst your wife could be given 30 days.
It's worth pointing out the caveat on the HKG Immigration website that "Even where all immigration requirements set out in this chapter are met, travellers should not assume that they can gain automatic entry. The HKSAR immigration authorities have the right to refuse any person permission to land except those in Part I of this chapter.", whilst it's prudent for them to publish this warning, which indeed applies to any entry point around the globe, even for visa holders, I've never heard of families entering for a genuine holiday encountering a problem - though I'm sure it does happen.