8 hours ago, sanemax said:

I have a business plan .

But T-shirts for 100 Baht, sell them for 150 Baht

Sell 50 T-shrts everday and making 2500 per day profit 

Thats 75 000 Baht per month , take away 15 000 Baht for rent

And you are left with 60 000 Baht per month profit

Open up three shops and you will be making 180 000 profit per month

and that is the problem of simple math ,  you can get rich quick  :smile:

but we all know there are costs  to selling , as simple as transport to get the goods to market ,

And also what others have said , you will have people selling the same thing if they see you making money ,

But I would still like to find a worksheet for Thais that list most of the hidden costs ,  If you never owned a small business you would not think about these small costs or "shrinkage"  from friends and workers .

Maybe they will still fail ,  but at least they might get an idea of what it takes to put in the hours ,  and the work to not fail the next time. 

Do you think any of the Thai Universities ever did a study of small businesses >

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

nice to know there are ethical brothel keepers 

Brothels, as you well know, are a completely different thing to bars where girls freely work. Go and chat to the girls and ask them 'are you free to leave'?  'are you being held here'? bar owners are not the same as 'brothel keepers'

11 minutes ago, binjalin said:

Brothels, as you well know, are a completely different thing to bars where girls freely work. Go and chat to the girls and ask them 'are you free to leave'?  'are you being held here'? bar owners are not the same as 'brothel keepers'

sorry was just checking the def on Wiki

2 hours ago, binjalin said:

The immediate defense you/they are "different" has long ago been dispelled. We are talking about financial coercion  and you well know that. Several members have mentioned the fact "she will not be paid" but leave out the little tidbit that not be paid for work already done, completed, days in the past. That's just the beginning. Regarding debts created out of thin air, it's a fact. If a girl lays out for call it five days, then returns, the "bar" thinks as a member noted, thinks they are owed money for the days missed(the profits they lost). She returns with a mythical "debt" and is of course then working for nothing. It's a vicious cycle and to differentiate from straight forward indentured servitude in a brothel, while cute and clever, won't get you out of jail. Good luck at trial. God Bless You and love you. OO. 

There are some markets where no key money is asked for. These cater to Thai customers and are a bit out but not far if you have transportation. No song tow service. I''m doing the research now, have a meeting at noon in fact to get more details. Tents and all the rest provided. I'll post for the benefit of the OP. OO.

17 hours ago, binjalin said:

you must be practicing sarcasm right?  you can't possibly believe that?  I have been here a decade and there is NO 'debt' they 'have to' pay off - what a load of <deleted>

and stop saying 'OO' and don't bring 'God' into it you condescending, self-righteous **** 

The name calling and personal attacks do you no good. I have the lord and savior in my heart and am immune from that. Ask the person whom said debt is being played out on for your context. Don't preach from your high horse above it all. We are talking about a world of drugs and prostitution. God Bless You and OO.

2 hours ago, BruceMangosteen said:

The name calling and personal attacks do you no good. I have the lord and savior in my heart and am immune from that. Ask the person whom said debt is being played out on for your context. Don't preach from your high horse above it all. We are talking about a world of drugs and prostitution. God Bless You and OO.

standard bar girls are not part of 'human trafficking' (which we all abhor) so please do not repeat that - thank you and may Buddha be with You  EiEi

Edited by binjalin

22 hours ago, timberpond said:

OP

Not giving you negative advise.

Go to toyota and down payment 100k for a new vios and finance the rest with toyota leasing @ 2.88%. Make her drive for uber/grab in pattaya and it should make a few hundreds baht after costing 5-6 hours drive.

Use the money to pay the installments and top up if fall short (unlikely if she drives it 5 days a week). Let her keep if there's a profit. 

If she refused to drive it like a job - walk out.

Your max lost is the down payment.

She is 400k debt deep. 

If she does it well, you got a financially subsidized wife and a car.

Not a bad idea, certainly worth thinking about.

There is definitely a market for a reliable, safe, courteous car hire service.

Airport pick ups, trips to islands etc.

Bit of clever marketing and it could be a winner.

Edited by tj916

6 hours ago, BruceMangosteen said:

There are some markets where no key money is asked for. These cater to Thai customers and are a bit out but not far if you have transportation. No song tow service. I''m doing the research now, have a meeting at noon in fact to get more details. Tents and all the rest provided. I'll post for the benefit of the OP. OO.

120 Baht a day. Electricity and tent provided but you have to bring your own tables etc.. Both new and used items. A lot of impulse buyers. God Bless You and OO. 

11 hours ago, tj916 said:

Not a bad idea, certainly worth thinking about.

There is definitely a market for a reliable, safe, courteous car hire service.

Airport pick ups, trips to islands etc.

Bit of clever marketing and it could be a winner.

I saw something on TV of women Motorcycle Taxis in Jakarta ,  The Muslim women did not want to get on a motorbike with a man driver ,

If you set up the Taxi as women only maybe that is the niche ,

On April 17, 2017 at 1:09 AM, williet98248 said:

My friend's wife just attended a two week course provided by the Thai government on running a small business.  She is very successful and has two shops already selling tourist oriented merchandise in Phuket town and Patong Beach.  She is presently negotiating to open a much larger shop. The downside for my friend is that he never sees his wife. She goes to work around 13:00 and returns home usually after midnite.  Even though she has relatives as managers she must be there alllll the time. They have a couple of hours together around lunchtime.  My friend's wife is a Chinese Thai and not an Isarn farm girl.

Can you please give info about this course please. I want to send my gf to try it. She is also Chinese Thai. But she needs a course like this to help her understand business better 

14 hours ago, oldcarguy said:

I saw something on TV of women Motorcycle Taxis in Jakarta ,  The Muslim women did not want to get on a motorbike with a man driver ,

If you set up the Taxi as women only maybe that is the niche ,

In case you haven't noticed we are not in Jakarta and Thai women have no problem getting on a motor bike Taxi with a male driver. We have a motor taxi waiting area near me that has both guy and girl drivers , no one cares who's driving they just jump on back of bike.

In case you haven't noticed we are not in Jakarta and Thai women have no problem getting on a motor bike Taxi with a male driver. We have a motor taxi waiting area near me that has both guy and girl drivers , no one cares who's driving they just jump on back of bike.

Unless the don't want to 'get black'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/16/2017 at 2:27 AM, oldcarguy said:

where would you find a detailed business plan template in Thai  to fill out ?  or in English if there is none in Thai !

Are there any YouTube channels in Thai that tell how to open and run a small business ?

I think that most of these Thais would love to understand the right way to do it ,

there is just not a place for them to learn without getting "help" from the competition.

Where do they find real info about starting a small business ?

'

Anyone that wants to run a business should be able to use Excel. Their are many templates available for free downloads. 

If either a Thai or farang is unable to write a business plan it very much means they should not get into business.

Just now, MobileContent said:

Anyone that wants to run a business should be able to use Excel. Their are many templates available for free downloads. 

If either a Thai or farang is unable to write a business plan it very much means they should not get into business.

You mean excel the 20 years old program ? use it in 2017 ? NEVER !!!!

Just now, abab said:

I am too not using it. I prefer Open Office or Mac Numbers but from experience in Thailand and I have visited many Thai companies and they still use Office in Thailand as default. BTW: Excel has been around for 32 years already. 

13 hours ago, abab said:

OK,,,,,excel .....

ummm first you need to have something to fill in ,

like :

rent

bribes

electric

and on and on.........

If you never had a shop how would you know HOW to set-up and Excel speadsheet ?

and what would be the expenses /costs  , you make it sound so easy when they are walking into an unknown world

19 hours ago, Tony125 said:

I am sure the Middle East Muslim ladies care who is driving them ,

This is a Niche business ,  and aimed at those customers,

Have you ever been in a Hotel where Middle Eastern ladies are staying ?

They will not get in an elevator with  you ,

its their world , start a business to exploit it :)

On 4/21/2017 at 4:34 PM, binjalin said:

you must be practicing sarcasm right?  you can't possibly believe that?  I have been here a decade and there is NO 'debt' they 'have to' pay off - what a load of <deleted>

and stop saying 'OO' and don't bring 'God' into it you condescending, self-righteous **** 

I think you'll find the best policy with Bruce is to ignore him. I'm reminded of the exchange between Trapper and Frank Burns in M*A*S*H*

Frank Burns: "I don't understand why people instantly dislike me."

Trapper: "It saves time, Frank."

I think you'll find the best policy with Bruce is to ignore him. I'm reminded of the exchange between Trapper and Frank Burns in M*A*S*H*

Frank Burns: "I don't understand why people instantly dislike me."

Trapper: "It saves time, Frank."

Im so old that I remember that! 555

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well 2 weeks into the new bar, (previous post) 2 girls sacked for being <deleted> lazy, (taking 5 hours to plait the other ones hair,) so then 2 more walked out, and now they are  sitting across the road with the previous Thai owner slagging the new guy off, they were of the opinion that they could still go on being lazy bitches, lol !! oh and  answering back to the new lady boss.

1 hour ago, johng said:

Excel is still very widely used
Perhaps you confuse it with
lotus 1-2-3 ?

No, I know very well, but in my startup we are now living like 30 years ago...

13 hours ago, johng said:

Excel is still very widely used
Perhaps you confuse it with
lotus 1-2-3 ?

Most of these packages have so many bells and whistles on them it becomes difficult to find the controls.

16 hours ago, mercman24 said:

well 2 weeks into the new bar, (previous post) 2 girls sacked for being <deleted> lazy, (taking 5 hours to plait the other ones hair,) so then 2 more walked out, and now they are  sitting across the road with the previous Thai owner slagging the new guy off, they were of the opinion that they could still go on being lazy bitches, lol !! oh and  answering back to the new lady boss.

Reminds me of another guy who borrowed $5000.USD on his VISA card and "bought" a beer bar on Soi 7 in Pattaya.

Started with ten bargirls and a cashier.

By the end of the month, it was just him and the cashier.

He figured he was owed about(exactly actually) 20 barfines per girl as they had all left with farangs(he assumed). That was the rule and as a few on here condone, she must pay to work there if she doesn't actually work there. It's not human trafficking because they agreed to it diba?

There he sat at the end of the pay period, his money in hand to pay the wage at 3000. Baht per girl, expecting them to give him 20 X 200 Baht(the bar share of the barfine of 300 Baht) = 4000. Baht times 20 days = 80,000. Baht. Yes, he'd pay the wage as agreed and net 50,000. Baht less the cashier wage. Well needless to say, no one brought this money in to him? Such a sad sight. He went back to his computer and looked at his excel spreadsheet and sure enough, his math was correct? Where were they? In fact, as highlighted above, a few were across the Soi? What the heck?

God Bless You and your "business plans". OO.

I feel sorry for PJ I mean this guy only 9 months ago was fretting over his Mrs flirting with the van driver and since then we have learned he has:

Successful car biz with Mrs brother netting 20k a month

Requests for opening a restaurant

And now this.

I am not sure I believe PJ and I wonder if PJ likes or is required to throw such yarns in the mix. I mean they are entertaining.

• 4 months later...
On 23/09/2017 at 5:38 AM, vukovar77 said:

Well,you can open small stall for selling some kind of food in Thailand.I did it for my GF and it is going pretty well,but you can not expect big profit.I invest only about 10.000 BHT and that is OK for the start.

Go global with it. Get a bank loan not much, say, 5mb and launch the unique stall across the whole of SEA and go large or go home.

A pencil, paper and 30 minutes should give a indication of the viability of this business. Will sales meet the costs plus profit for gf? If gf cannot provide a reasonable p&l statement then she has no business being in business. How does hers compare to yours?