BKK outpatient clinic near nana

tutsiwarrior

I got a surgical wound that needs daily cleaning and dressing and need to head down to BKK in a coupla weeks and my hotel is near nana...I'm looking for a drop in type clinic where I can get the wound looked after sorta like the type we got in the provinces that complements the services of district hospitals etc...

anything of this type available between nana and asoke?

thanks in advance...

I don't know that area specifically, but all over BKK there are small clinics (sometimes called hospitals) that you can just walk in. It should take about 10 minutes to find one if you walk around or ask at your residence, they will know for sure.

There is a walk in clinic (or, at least was) on Suk soi 11, first subsoi on the left, follow it around to the right at the end.  That whole block is slated to be torn down but the clinic was still open when I walked past a few days ago.

Not close to Nana, but six stops away on the BTS in Phra Khanong there is a clinic at the corner of Sukhumvit 71 and soi 4.  

That Soi 11 subsoi medical clinic closed at the end of March, as that entire area, including the adjoining strip of restaurants, is being redeveloped into some kind of new coming project.

I stopped by the Soi 11 clinic mid March, and the staff there at the time said they'd yet to find a new location, but were looking for someplace in the area. They complained that as soon as their prospective landlords found out the tenant was to be a doctor/medical clinic, the demanded prices went UP!.

I have used the Soi 11 clinic in the past for exactly the same purpose as the OP -- daily cleaning and dressing changing for a surgical wound. They did an OK job at a very reasonable price. Unfortunately, right now, I'm not sure if they've resurfaced elsewhere or not as yet.

Off the top of my head, I can't at the moment think of any other walk-in clinics that I could recommend in the Nana-Asoke immediate area.

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Here is another possibility on Soi 33 - a bit more of a hospital than shophouse clinic I suspect but nurse care might be more reasonable than the real hospitals in that area of the city.  .

http://www.rsuhealth.com/en/contact.php

I've been to RSU before, and they're actually in a highrise building fronting on main Sukhumvit Road near Soi 31, about half way between Asoke and Phrom Phong BTS stations.  They probably could meet the need the OP has, but not as close to a BTS station as the old Soi 11 clinic was to Nana BTS.

There's also Police General Hospital (a big government hospital) just opposite CentralWorld next to Chid Lom BTS station. But I'm not sure how / how quickly they would respond to an out-of-town farang showing up seeking medical services.

You know, Tutsi's post set me to thinking...

It seems, I'm always reading here from guys upcountry posting about their experiences going to and using the local or provincial government hospital where they live, for better or worse.

But here in Bangkok, my impression is, I almost never read about anyone here posting about using the government hospitals in BKK. Perhaps that's because there are so many other choices available, including the non-profits like St. Louis in Sathorn, Bangkok Christian in Silom or even Camillan in Thong Lor, and then all the many private hospitals around ranging from the reasonably priced up to the very expensive ones.

So, how us farangs can access the govt hospitals in BKK remains a bit of a mystery to me. I've been to a couple of them over the years, and usually the best bet seems to be to shoot for their afternoon or evening clinics where the fees are a bit higher, but the wait times a lot shorter than the morning all comers sessions.

Ramathibodi out in the Phyathai area was one such place, where at least in the afternoon, I could be seen as a paying patient without too much bureaucracy. But Chulalongkorn near Silom was entirely different, with lots of bureaucracy, an involved pre-registration process, queues to wait in, and even then no guarantee of actually seeing a doctor on that particular visit, depending on how many people were ahead of you.

I've been wanting to try Police General Hospital sometime just to get a feel for the place, but have never gotten around to doing it. I think I got my wife one time to call them up on the phone to try to get some basic information, but that phone conversation either wasn't very productive, or the hospital staff person my wife happened to get on the phone didn't feel much like being helpful.

Chula actually has a popular evening clinic where most foreigners who use that facility obtain service - but as for all government hospitals registration is required on first visit and that can be a bit of a process.  Best to have Thai speaker for that phase (and most things other than direct conversations with doctors).  But remember doctor time is likely to be extremely limited in such facilities - especially if not during a paid special clinic session (but as anywhere this also is effected by the doctor involved).

at the clinic I go to here at home it's convenient, a nurse cleans and applies new dressing, in - n - out in 15mins, 100baht and bob's yer uncle...the doc looks in from time to time to see if there's any inflammation or discharge that wasn't there before, etc...I was hoping to find the same in BKK but probably too much to expect...spend half my time queuing in clinics rather than visiting with my pal from the US which was the purpose of the trip...

the wound is on my ankle so mebbe I'll take the cleaning and dressing materials with me and get the hotel housekeeping lady to give me a hand...at my regular hotel all the cleaners know good 'ol tutsi...

16 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

at the clinic I go to here at home it's convenient, a nurse cleans and applies new dressing, in - n - out in 15mins, 100baht and bob's yer uncle...the doc looks in from time to time to see if there's any inflammation or discharge that wasn't there before, etc..

I think when I had the Soi 11 Clinic handle my wound dressings within the past year, it was about 300 baht per time. Only involved the nurse. Never saw or was seen by their doctor for that. But then, this is BKK, so you'll be hard-pressed to find the same prices as back your home.

Tutsi, when's your trip upcoming? On my recent visit to check in with the Soi 11 Clinic to see what was going to happen with them, they came me their card with their email address on it, and I have it at home somewhere. (Their email address would survive, even when their landline phone numbers probably would not.)  But right now, I can't find where I put their card here at home.

yeah...I didn't expect things to be as convenient, or as cheap as my local clinic...

there's some stuff on google about the soi 11 clinic but it looks to be quite dated...so if ye got any recent contact details that would be great...also fer general forum info purposes...I'm gonna head down innabout 3 weeks...

actually I notice that the soi 11 clinic is mentioned on google in reference to STD testing...might be useful to just pop into one of the bars on nana and ask one of the girls where they go locally fer their tests, point to my bandaged ankle and make a writhing display...

OK, if I can find their card and email address here at home, I'll PM you with their email.

There's lots of listings for their phone numbers out on the Net. But I'm not sure those 02 BKK landline numbers are still working after they were forced out of their former location. You could try them and see. I haven't done that yet.

Last night, I was checking on the Net to see if I could find their email, and had no luck in finding it.

if it was my ankle I would be VERY careful of  getting it wet from the "water" on the street , who knows what is in the puddles !

Go to the Pharmacy near Soi 15 , , ask them about a clinic  and buy some  bandages etc to have just in case

4 hours ago, dddave said:

I was in the Soi 11 neighborhood today so I stopped by the soi 11 clinic location...yes: now definitely closed.  They have not posted a new address but did post:

Phone: 02 254 3539,  02 651 1747

Email: [email protected]

thanks dave...I'll investigate and good advice fer others with my same concern to take note...

26 minutes ago, oldcarguy said:

if it was my ankle I would be VERY careful of  getting it wet from the "water" on the street , who knows what is in the puddles !

Go to the Pharmacy near Soi 15 , , ask them about a clinic  and buy some  bandages etc to have just in case

yeah, good point...I wrap my ankle in plastic before I shower and I'll do the same when I'm in town if there's water about,...I'm gonna bring my own supply of cleaning/dressing materials and see what I can improvise with the available resources...

street level in downtown BKK and the medical resources are scarce...

I got a surgical wound that needs daily cleaning and dressing and need to head down to BKK in a coupla weeks and my hotel is near nana...I'm looking for a drop in type clinic where I can get the wound looked after sorta like the type we got in the provinces that complements the services of district hospitals etc...

anything of this type available between nana and asoke?

thanks in advance...

sukhumvit soi 11, there is a English speaking clinic in the alley on the left

Tel number 02 254 3539

Google "sukhumvit soi 11 clinic" will have map

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

50 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

yeah, good point...I wrap my ankle in plastic before I shower and I'll do the same when I'm in town if there's water about,...I'm gonna bring my own supply of cleaning/dressing materials and see what I can improvise with the available resources...

street level in downtown BKK and the medical resources are scarce...

ohhh I just remembered a clinic almost on the corner of Soi 1 and Sukhumvit ,  no idea how much , its right on Sukhumvit  before you get to the railroad tracks

26 minutes ago, oldcarguy said:

ohhh I just remembered a clinic almost on the corner of Soi 1 and Sukhumvit ,  no idea how much , its right on Sukhumvit  before you get to the railroad tracks

thanks, good to know...been by there countless times but never seen it, but was never lookin' fer it...any contact details?

2 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

thanks, good to know...been by there countless times but never seen it, but was never lookin' fer it...any contact details?

sorry not in BKK now, but it was there 3 months ago ,

But I would stop by the Pharmacy at Soi 15 , get supplies and ask them about a nearby clinic

yeah...there's also a good pharmacy on sukh two doors to the left as yer comin' outta soi nana that may have some advice (chinese folks with the open storefront, also sell cigars, liquor, etc)...

I'll check out soi 15 as my dentist is on asoke and I pass by there from the hotel on soi 6...

Archived